RPGM Abandoned Family Therapy Remastered [v0.2.0] [Homie]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

R129K

Jun 17, 2017
Make Android version of this Game or VN... Maybe for the future release Please.

MailMeister

May 1, 2017
Hold mouse to drag and drop items to your character to use items, right click to close menus.

Game isn't a walking sim for those of you worried about RPGM(think of it as more of research into corruption's use of RPGM) but the grind is just too much for zero payout.
I knew how the inventory worked, it just didn't want to close. Maybe should have made my point it a bit clearer

Honestly the grind wasn't that bad for me... after i found out that you can click the buttons multiple times (be it at the date or just the conversation. Talking about the "+/-" buttons and the colored ones in the date btw), just get yourself a macro and let it rip. Got to my goal very quickly that way :D

danny19

Jul 20, 2017
well 2 times i didnt save cause had time to play through it but both times i get to certain point like date with tracy and as it goes up to dots to hit there were no dots and no way to back out.other time same happened when hit talk i couldnt get off screen had to close and start over :(.is interesting though i havent seen any scenes yet

Skrim72

Sep 21, 2017
Thanks for adding the "Gameplay preview", great preview. I'm downloading the demo now, looking forward to checking it out.

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
I see that Homie has improve and this game renders are absolutely amazing , but to me the game is just like an ordinary flash game dating sex or artwork gallery album because of less dialog. I hope he can improve this game by putting some hot dialogues in the sex action to spice things up, during interaction and dating conversation to make it more alive and real and not just like an animated GIF image

Reactions: Kinnerman

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
well I like the renders alot ,but I can't get my head on how the dating minigame works and I can't get past second line of events :/
Anyone got some pointers on how to do it ?

Reactions: Safetydummy

lcp

May 1, 2017
Usually I dont try RPGM-games, but this one could be renpy or unity or whatever. I wish it was renpy just to have a look at the code, cause what he did with the GUI and maps is awesome. It seems to be a huge foundation of game mechanics, very well done, but just 2 "events" or what we want to call it. Looking forward to more content!

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
After running this in Windows compatibility XP Mode AND then running it in some other mode that apparently had something to do with a "large font", killing 8 chickens, dancing naked under the light of a full-moon, and promising my firstborn to Our Dark Lord and Master Satan*- I could actually get this train-wreck up and running.
  • This game makes absolutely zero sense. Where was "Clippy" (Roxxy) when I needed her- you should have been able to access her at anytime during the game just for tips/hints.
  • The attributes mini-game is atrocious. (Friendship, Love, Connection, Oregano?) I have no idea.
  • The date conversation Pentacle (not Pentagram) is like playing a BAD game of Mastermind.
  • The map is the only moderately adequate thing in this game- though it would be nice if there were icons showing you where people were (like Tangled Up did), instead of wandering between locations aimlessly.
  • The grind, oh Dear Sweet Lord, the grind- kill me now. Whether it's trying to get someone to moderately like you- because I have a feeling it would take 5-10 years (IRL) to actually have "relations" with any character OR trying to increase your own stats just to get the only job available to you apparently- takes for-friggin'-e-e-e-e-e-v-v-v-v-v-e-e-e-e-e-e-r-r-r-r.
  • He runs out of energy just waking up in the morning practically- so you either keep showering or drinking coffee to stay energized and it still doesn't seem to make a difference, none of the caps increase for his skills.
  • This is an "un-game". As in- uninteresting, underwhelming, uninspired, unintelligible, and finally uninstalled.
There a few decent games made in RPGM (put away the pitchforks and torches and hear me out), but in those instances- they make sense, they further the plot, you have more locations than 4 to travel, it's in the name of a quest, new areas open up new opportunities/characters, etc.,. Coceter Chronicles is a perfect example of RPGM done well and done right. A lot of other Devs should ask themselves- is my game going to benefit from using RPGM to tell an grand, epic tale or is it going to a four location fap-fest?

*I asked God, but he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Dude, seriously?! Why don't you go help out your fellow man or something?" So, basically, he wasn't available. :)

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Finally finished writing my unpacker for Thinapp executables. Apparently Thinapp messes up the application binary (Game.exe) but frankly I don't care cause Linux. You can grab the unpacked files here:

As for actually running it, grab the latest version of nwjs ( ) and run with "nw <folder containing Game.exe>".

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
mmh maybe i'll try it but the gameplay in the 10minute intro seems bit weird in my opinion

Jan 9, 2018
  • The grind, oh Dear Sweet Lord, the grind- kill me now. Whether it's trying to get someone to moderately like you- because I have a feeling it would take 5-10 years (IRL) to actually have "relations" with any character OR trying to increase your own stats just to get the only job available to you apparently- takes for-friggin'-e-e-e-e-e-v-v-v-v-v-e-e-e-e-e-e-r-r-r-r.
  • He runs out of energy just waking up in the morning practically- so you either keep showering or drinking coffee to stay energized and it still doesn't seem to make a difference, none of the caps increase for his skills.
About grind:
obtain lvl1 friendship with character. Then open save file with for example, modify Variable#341. Set it 60 or something like that. Its a modifier in conversation that add points to a reasult. so it would be something like that after any conversation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you may modfy other vaariables that would add stars, but i wouldnt suggest to do so, its` possible that obtaining stars maybe trigerring something.

About energy:
Modify Variable#321. Make this variable the same number as you need to lvl. So in game, in character tab you would see (for example) 45/45.
After that click Level up. Experience won`t disappear, so you may level up as much as you want.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote