3D-Daz Fan Art Fan art and assets for Bad Bobby Saga

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

skydra

May 4, 2017
Good tip. I use that all the time. Though the problem can be in your lighting. This setting adjusts the entire scene. I often use it anyhow, being lazy and all. ;)
of course there are many more tricks to get a good quality of light, either cold or warm, even in night mode, just pass the tip express, to achieve a better job in your scene, although there is much where to improve the quality of lights, there are many tutorials on youtube, although 3delight is much faster to render is not the most optimal in terms of quality even so the contribution and effort is appreciated

Reactions: ThePersonalAss

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
of course there are many more tricks to get a good quality of light, either cold or warm, even in night mode, just pass the tip express, to achieve a better job in your scene, although there is much where to improve the quality of lights, there are many tutorials on youtube, although 3delight is much faster to render is not the most optimal in terms of quality even so the contribution and effort is appreciated
Oh I agree, don't get me wrong, it's a great tip! I use it most of the time. I'm just saying that this adjusts the entire scene, where as one may prefer to add more lighting or increase the current lighting. But I often find the Tone Mapping is fine. Adjusting lighting in a scene can give more contrast which can look better.

skydra

May 4, 2017
Oh I agree, don't get me wrong, it's a great tip! I use it most of the time. I'm just saying that this adjusts the entire scene, where as one may prefer to add more lighting or increase the current lighting. But I often find the Tone Mapping is fine. Adjusting lighting in a scene can give more contrast which can look better.
of course I usually prefer to use 3 to 4 spot lights to highlight the areas I want, I usually use a light from back to front to give light to the contours, another one in front of the scene focusing the part I want to illuminate, and an ambient light, the fourth light I sometimes use to illuminate the background of the scene behind the characters, to reduce ambient shadows of the scene, it's not perfect but it's what works for me...

LIGHTS.jpg

Unfortunately my graphic card is extremely old, almost 16 years of use, so it is difficult to achieve a better quality in the scenes, but it is a basic idea of how I usually guide my lighting, I hope it serves as a reference.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
of course I usually prefer to use 3 to 4 spot lights to highlight the areas I want, I usually use a light from back to front to give light to the contours, another one in front of the scene focusing the part I want to illuminate, and an ambient light, the fourth light I sometimes use to illuminate the background of the scene behind the characters, to reduce ambient shadows of the scene, it's not perfect but it's what works for me...

View attachment 3090752

Unfortunately my graphic card is extremely old, almost 16 years of use, so it is difficult to achieve a better quality in the scenes, but it is a basic idea of how I usually guide my lighting, I hope it serves as a reference.
Yeah, three point lighting is good, there's a few tutorials online about it for anyone interested.

I was examining some renders I really liked and one common thread with them was the contrast. The shadowed areas were really dark, and the lit areas were well lit and sometimes, when wet had a shine... and that contrast looks really good in the right scene.

I'll attach an example of this and one of my favourite renders someone else did. Notice the contrast, how dark the dark side is and how it is lit and the angle of the light which really brings out her features. I need to do more renders with this sort of contrast I think...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

skydra

May 4, 2017
beautiful image in that render what I can appreciate is the use of at least 2 lights, 1.- the ambient in a warm tone, and 2.- a very dim front light to give more light to the face the idea is basic but would be something more or less like this

jenny in water.png

I tried to look for a more similar background but I couldn't find a similar background at least not quickly....

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
beautiful image in that render what I can appreciate is the use of at least 2 lights, 1.- the ambient in a warm tone, and 2.- a very dim front light to give more light to the face the idea is basic but would be something more or less like this

View attachment 3092692

I tried to look for a more similar background but I couldn't find a similar background at least not quickly....
Nice! I know, I couldn't duplicate it very well either. But examining it gave me tips on how to improve my own. (y)

Reactions: ThePersonalAss

skydra

May 4, 2017
Great work man, you are talented for sure.

One negative point and it is subjective; her breast looks fake. I think that'd be way better if we see more natural titties :p
thanks we do what we can, in fact I'm already working on the second version of the image with a more similar background...

as for the breasts, it's not that I can edit them too much since it's based on the original jenny from the game, that's why the breasts look like that, I only made some changes for the nipples but from there on, everything is based on the original model.

jenny in water 02.png

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
thanks we do what we can, in fact I'm already working on the second version of the image with a more similar background...

as for the breasts, it's not that I can edit them too much since it's based on the original jenny from the game, that's why the breasts look like that, I only made some changes for the nipples but from there on, everything is based on the original model.

View attachment 3092927
I would like to see you in my server Skydra. I'd be happy if you come, I did send the link to ur DM.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote