VN Partial WIP [Fan translation]Heartful Maman

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
This is a thread to report a progress of my translation of game [Heartful Maman] by Alicesoft

[Preface]
After so many M_ngagamer poll that I vote for this game, this one of Alicesoft NTR masterpiece is not get edited and translated, so I kinda pissed, so I decide to do a translation on my own. At first, I plan to translate this for my own use, but after some thought, I think that it would be better if I share this to anyone who does enjoy this masterpiece like me

[Plan]
What I will translate are the scenarios that you can replay in the Recollection mode, but just in case, I will also translate the scenario that relate to what I translate but cannot be viewed in the Recollection mode (you will stumble upon it during your gameplay)

[Method of translation]
95% DeepL + 5% rusty Japanese; a bit of fair warning, English is not my first language, so expect a lot of grammar error

[Plan]
- Will do the Shiori route first, then Mai route later
- Will do the NTR route first, then vailla route later
- I won't translate the character's name or scenario's name because it involve some programming, which I am not very fluent

[Current progress]

Shiori route
Vanilla56 / 56
NTR Juuzou11 / 11
NTR Tsuguo9 / 9
NTR Minoru12 / 12
NTR Hiroto9 / 9
NTR Akira3 / 3
NTR Ex-boyfriend5 / 5
NTR Rikuro4 / 4 Update 1
Misc. NTR3 / 3

Mai route
Vanilla12 / 12
NTR3 / 3

Here are the example of my translation
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For those who own the game, or have this game installed, here are the sample translation file and font file
be sure to backup those files before overwrite it

Please comment, rate, review, or criticize my translation so that I could improve it (I really mean it)

*** UPDATE ***

The QC is finished here is the link to the partial translation file.

Last edited:

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
So you are just translating scenes and not the entire story?
Yes and No

Yes part

My main goal is to just translate the scene for the people who either are downloading the complete save file, or following the walkthrough.

No part

While looking through the dialog, I found a lot of scenarios which can not be play inside the recollection mode, I suspect that it can be only be found during the gameplay. At first, I think that this is kinda waste of time, but since the scenes are getting translated anyway, so why not translate the whole game, beside, these miscellaneous scene are not that long

TLDR; Recollection scene is a main dish, gameplay scene is a side dish / dessert

Edited: PS: From the yes part, I didn't mean to diss people who play from the start or anything because while looking through the Recollection mode scene, the story part is like it being attach to that scene (such as the NTR ex-boyfriend route that also come with 7-ish story scene, which I also translated just in case) . So to clear things up, yes, the story part will be translated.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Not sure I understand... haha. So will there is untranslated parts if you try to play through the game normally?

Anyways, thanks for your work and good luck, dude.

• Hey there
Reactions: kwanlier

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
Update

I finish translate all NTR Rikuro scenario.
I think I'm either going to translate either NTR Hiroto or NTR Juuzou next

Edit
Forget to add the translation file in case someone interested

Last edited:

keroro22

May 29, 2017
Hello, I got an itch to replay this again, then I stumbled upon your thread.
Goodluck on your translation works!! I gotta say, you are doing a great work so far...
Looking forward to play Rikuro route...

Last edited:

kisaama

Nov 26, 2020
i want to translate Alice Soft games but Alice tools does not open, what do I need to use it?

keroro22

May 29, 2017
i want to translate Alice Soft games but Alice tools does not open, what do I need to use it?
Yeah it doesn't have GUI, so you need to use command prompt to use it
Usually you want to edit the .ain files, which you could do by following this guidelines they wrote

Then you can use Notepad++ to edit it for translation purposes

kisaama

Nov 26, 2020
Yeah it doesn't have GUI, so you need to use command prompt to use it
Usually you want to edit the .ain files, which you could do by following this guidelines they wrote

Then you can use Notepad++ to edit it for translation purposes
I understand that part but when I want to edit the .ain file it only appears with 0KB

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Glad to see this project going on. I'm successful in extracting the text for this one as well, but the sheer amount of translations needed (85K lines in Notepad++) made it too daunting for a task for me.

My biggest problem that I saw is that each part of the dialog is split into multiple sections, making it even harder to use MTL. I actually exported the text and move it to Excel, where I can do a sentence-by-sentence translation and merge the changes, so that you can copy/paste your changes directly back to the output, then encoding it back to .ain files. If you want the excel file, let me know!
1655358754718.png

Have you tried using ? The developer actually used machine learning including H-games, so even moans and sfx are being translated as well. Since the training data is already downloaded, it's actually faster compared to DeepL (though Sugoi Translator also offers DeepL translations). There's even an option to make translations even faster by using NVIDIA's CUDA, being able to make translations under 1 sec. I highly recommend using this.

I understand that part but when I want to edit the .ain file it only appears with 0KB
Tried it on my end as well, and it showed 0kb.
However, this game seems to have a proper translation already. Have you checked?
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-housewifes-healing-touch-final-alicesoft.115581/

Last edited:

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
Glad to see this project going on. I'm successful in extracting the text for this one as well, but the sheer amount of translations needed (85K lines in Notepad++) made it too daunting for a task for me.
Yup it's kinda a lot, that is why I go for the recollection mode first, then go for the story mode later

My biggest problem that I saw is that each part of the dialog is split into multiple sections, making it even harder to use MTL. I actually exported the text and move it to Excel, where I can do a sentence-by-sentence translation and merge the changes, so that you can copy/paste your changes directly back to the output, then encoding it back to .ain files. If you want the excel file, let me know!
Thank you, that would help me a lot because I literally copy each sentence from Notepad++ into DeepL then clean / revise it
If what you said is easier, I'm willing to try out because If it really easier like you said, after I done translating this game, I might go for other game, like Oyako rankan

Have you tried using ? The developer actually used machine learning including H-games, so even moans and sfx are being translated as well. Since the training data is already downloaded, it's actually faster compared to DeepL (though Sugoi Translator also offers DeepL translations). There's even an option to make translations even faster by using NVIDIA's CUDA, being able to make translations under 1 sec. I highly recommend using this.
I have tried it, although it is a bit better than DeepL, I don't know why the translation make me feel weird, might be because I know some vocab ? I don't know but glad that you recommend it

Reactions: keroro22

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
You can download the file here, site doesn't allow .xlsx here..
Forget to ask
Can you teach me how to turn the dialog in .ain into Excel ?
So that I could do it for the other game

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Forget to ask
Can you teach me how to turn the dialog in .ain into Excel ?
So that I could do it for the other game
I'm not sure if the other .ain files have the same format like Heartful Maman, but if they are similar, then you should be able to recycle the excel file that I provided. Just clear columns A-C.

1. Using Notepad++, directly copy the files needed to be translated to Column A, preferably starting at A2.
2. Highlight the entire Column A, go to Data > Text to Columns
3. Select Delimited, Click Next.
4. Checkmark "Other", put = (equals sign) on the space provided. Click Next.
5. Click Finish.
6. You'll now see that on Column B, most if not all japanese text are there.
7. Highlight the entire Column B, and do CTRL+F. Select Replace. We'll be removing the double quotations on the japanese text, the formula has this already included.
8. Find what: "
9. Replace with:
10. Click Replace All. No quotations should be found on Column B.
11. You can now copy Column B and paste it to your MTL and paste the results on Column C.
12. Column D will now contain the actual results. Currently with the coding, anything that begins with ;s will still have japanese text, as I haven't tested if those needs actual translation or not. Only if the sentence begins with m will.

Reactions: keroro22