MrXV

Oct 3, 2017
Interest comes over time, You're on a 0.5 It's not gonna be DmD or BB level of support that early or out of the blue. A lot of people on F95Zone to support games on patreon when they feel the content is good enough to be worth it or they are really invested in the story of the game. And just this thread alone shows there are interest for it clearly. Or people wouldnt play it.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
characters are enjoyable..premise is enjoyable..as i am not a dev or sumsuch..just an old smartass..my advice/opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt..BUT..i think what holds back the interest level is the sandbox aspect...i do not know if you've explored the site's games much or not..but what we'd really like is a VN with the orcs and ogres and warriors and barbarians etc etc..sandbox+D&D style just makes it feel like..an old D&D game..lol..i do not know if it is easier or harder to do as a VN or a sandbox..but VN's(with choices of course) are many levels more popular and would ramp up interest ALOT...there was a game with this style of setting..a VN..that was climbing fast in interest and was shown much love..but the Dev's i guess wanted money money money and it didnt come fast enough so they abandoned leaving alot of us very sad because we loved the game..we REALLY want a VN in this style..we are desperate as it fits in with alot of our interests..some of us have she-orc lust..LOL

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Getting a traceback for tavern and tower on my old saves

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah previous saves will not work. I believe that's mentioned in the text at the beginning. From now on, that it's in beta, I will try make everything backward compatible. It was just going to be too much work for me while the game was in alpha and the core mechanics were still be reworked to try to keep things backward compatible.

I know replaying through content is a pain in the ass for players.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
characters are enjoyable..premise is enjoyable..as i am not a dev or sumsuch..just an old smartass..my advice/opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt..BUT..i think what holds back the interest level is the sandbox aspect...i do not know if you've explored the site's games much or not..but what we'd really like is a VN with the orcs and ogres and warriors and barbarians etc etc..sandbox+D&D style just makes it feel like..an old D&D game..lol..i do not know if it is easier or harder to do as a VN or a sandbox..but VN's(with choices of course) are many levels more popular and would ramp up interest ALOT...there was a game with this style of setting..a VN..that was climbing fast in interest and was shown much love..but the Dev's i guess wanted money money money and it didnt come fast enough so they abandoned leaving alot of us very sad because we loved the game..we REALLY want a VN in this style..we are desperate as it fits in with alot of our interests..some of us have she-orc lust..LOL

Good feedback. Yes I think VNs are more popular. The irony is they are also much easier to code then what I am trying to do. haha.

I will think about the idea of "pivoting" it into a VN. It's a good idea. I could probably reuse much of my comment.

My inspirations where probably damsels and dungeons (which I feel gets too bogged down with RPG) and Adam and Gaia.

I wanted RPG elements but keep them very light. maybe I am getting too carried away with them. That's why combat is so simple because I don't wnat to bog it down with all that.

Godogma

Aug 16, 2017
Honestly, the game seemed quite interesting but having just put several hours into it only to get repeatedly fucked by the RNG I got tired of the savescumming aspect - which I needed to do in order to make any sort of progress. I've been repeatedly knocked out even after having the best gear available, I've had Jule not like dates... I can't find the cloth to get into the dwarf village and I've searched the library for that card for over an hour and not had any luck.

My advice is to either add enough RPG elements to support boosting equipment via gear and other things to boost the RNG or lower the damn RNG aspect.

EDIT: Maybe that's just my frustration talking though.

Reactions: York24 and DA22

666bbb666

May 21, 2018
Major Changes:
  • Added new Jezzara full story line in Tavern crashed (load old saves)
  • Added a little more story line to Durila work whith old saves
  • Added new Amazons encounter and partial storyline to forest. work whith old saves
  • Encounters in forest during day and night times are now different.
Bugs:
  • Fixed treasure from forest battles bug not giving enough treasure.
crashed in library (dont know what the quest/quests) Xandra ivent and othes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, after reading through the drama, this game is dropped.
No reason to waste time on a project that developed slowly, didn't offer anything particularly great.
No sex, so-so writing and renders.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Well, after reading through the drama, this game is dropped.
No reason to waste time on a project that developed slowly, didn't offer anything particularly great.
No sex, so-so writing and renders.
I am still actively working on the game. There are 5 sex scenes in it so far. Sorry you didn't like it.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
is miya stuck at 100 it seas to talk to her but i do and it seas the same thing
You have to go through a certain dialog branch. I know this isn't consistent with how the other NPCs work. I am looking to change it when I get back to her.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
My advice is to either add enough RPG elements to support boosting equipment via gear and other things to boost the RNG or lower the damn RNG aspect.

EDIT: Maybe that's just my frustration talking though.
The game has less randomness now and there will be more gear to help out as the game progresses.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
having fun..its alot like the Amaraine games i enjoy..but got me a tsktsk..clean install..no previous stuff overwritten no old save..all fresh
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MerricWolfe92

Nov 20, 2018
Three things:
First, How do I grind up Strength and Dex? I've gotten to the point where I can train charm, fight, and intelligence, but I can't find trainers for the other two.
Second, How do you raise your max health? 15 just seems super squishy to me.
Finally, and this is just something I don't understand, if you do enough damage to kill your enemy, how can they possibly hit you in return? Seems strange.

Outside of those questions, solid game so far OP, good job.

EDIT: Health goes up naturally upon level up, and all stats increase by one. I guess I shoulda played some more before making my comment.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Three things:
First, How do I grind up Strength and Dex? I've gotten to the point where I can train charm, fight, and intelligence, but I can't find trainers for the other two.
Second, How do you raise your max health? 15 just seems super squishy to me.
Finally, and this is just something I don't understand, if you do enough damage to kill your enemy, how can they possibly hit you in return? Seems strange.

Outside of those questions, solid game so far OP, good job.

EDIT: Health goes up naturally upon level up, and all stats increase by one. I guess I shoulda played some more before making my comment.
Yes I don't have the characters where you can raise Strength and Dex yet. Those will be the Dwarf and Thief in the theifs guild. I know I need to get to it.

It's hard on a game like this because is there always sort of a missing piece until the game is totally done.

Glad you like it. so far.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm having the same problem with Helena, she said it was a perfect date, but the affection didn't rise.
So you can have a "prefect date" but then you fail your charm roll.

So what happens is how good your date is makes your charm chance better but you can still miss the roll. After she says how good your date then she says if she liked it or not.

I probably should make it more clear like "Failed Charm Check". Thanks for your input.

2.70 star(s) 14 Votes