4.10 star(s) 23 Votes

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Here's a question i've been meaning to ask a long time ago.

Why do game devs put cheats behind a paywall?

I guess mainly to entince people to support but still it's kinda weird in my opinion.
Mainly because for a game made on RenPy (and some other engines), the moment the game gets released(or leaked) to the public, the cheats will be public too.

Not intentionally per se, but mainly because a user can just look into the code and find out the cheat by themselves.

Neither do i get the point of changing it between releases. As i said before, the moment the game goes public the cheatcodes will follow suit.

I mean sure, you could encrypt it or something but like, whats the point anyways, it's not like you can't edit the variables manually with the console or a save editor.

By the way the v0.9 cheatcode is chillingStare as it is, capital S and everything

Also what the hell am i getting credit for? I just checked Kyle's patreon and there it was, public release.
Heck, even the link i gave was his.

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
I think my save is bugged, I have the Lilly Date quest in my questlog and it seems like it won't go away, despite having Pacifica's and Lilly's love at Max. I also gave the dress to Lilly already. Is there anything I can do with the console to fix this? I'm pretty sure there's an issue with the dress.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Here's a question i've been meaning to ask a long time ago.

Why do game devs put cheats behind a paywall?

I guess mainly to entince people to support but still it's kinda weird in my opinion.
Mainly because for a game made on RenPy (and some other engines), the moment the game gets released(or leaked) to the public, the cheats will be public too.

Not intentionally per se, but mainly because a user can just look into the code and find out the cheat by themselves.

Neither do i get the point of changing it between releases. As i said before, the moment the game goes public the cheatcodes will follow suit.

I mean sure, you could encrypt it or something but like, whats the point anyways, it's not like you can't edit the variables manually with the console or a save editor.

By the way the v0.9 cheatcode is chillingStare as it is, capital S and everything

Also what the hell am i getting credit for? I just checked Kyle's patreon and there it was, public release.
Heck, even the link i gave was his.
Hey boss, any pointers on how to look for passwords in the code?

Gin Tama

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Alright lads, I just got this huge wall of error text. Is there a fix around to it?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1363, in script
    if lianaRecruitCheck >= 1:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1363, in <module>
NameError: name 'lianaRecruitCheck' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1363, in script
  File "E:\X G\FantasyTrainer-09-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\X G\FantasyTrainer-09-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\X G\FantasyTrainer-09-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1363, in <module>
NameError: name 'lianaRecruitCheck' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fantasy Trainer 0.9
Thu Dec 12 11:52:20 2019

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Alright lads, I just got this huge wall of error text. Is there a fix around to it?

*Insert traceback here*
Alright alright. What's happening is that during some days of the week you're supposed to get paid from Liana's work
Liana is the orc girl btw.

So what's happening is that the variable that tells if you have recruited Liana doesn't exist.
It's not that it's false or anything, like it would be if you don't recruit her. It just hasn't been created.

I assume you're using an old save, a really old one for that matter way before she was even introduced.

If starting all over again is too much of a problem I might be able to think of a way to fix this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Gin Tama

Gin Tama

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Alright alright. What's happening is that during some days of the week you're supposed to get paid from Liana's work
Liana is the orc girl btw.

So what's happening is that the variable that tells if you have recruited Liana doesn't exist.
It's not that it's false or anything, like it would be if you don't recruit her. It just hasn't been created.

I assume you're using an old save, a really old one for that matter way before she was even introduced.

If starting all over again is too much of a problem I might be able to think of a way to fix this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks bud but apparently I've got a REALLY old save file, and many more errors popped up afterwards. Really appreciate the help though!

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Still only seeing the balcony sex scene for Mary. What's the other new scene for her?

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
A bit of impressions:
1st - try to check your Settings screen. Labels are barely visible (blue on blue background) + there is some overlap with game title. Skip controls are simply horrible. If you ever click on them - they're almost invisible.

2nd - after prologue I have no quests active. I think it's better to hint player that he need to deal with a princess.

3rd - if you'd decided to fuck Sarah at first possibility - then you no longer able to chat with her in her store, so you can't gift a dress to her. Deadlock & no progress after it =/

4th - Gifts for a princess. She'd accepted & agree to wear red underwear, but still refusing to black semi-casual dress. And after it she's still trying to deny being a slut :D

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
-Added dating Lilly
how do I start the date with lilly?
I gave her the dresses before the talk with her about the date so am I screwed (if so how to fix) or do I need to increase her love to certain point?

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
how do I start the date with lilly?
I gave her the dresses before the talk with her about the date so am I screwed (if so how to fix) or do I need to increase her love to certain point?
Dress and also get on her sister's good side.

4.10 star(s) 23 Votes