4.10 star(s) 23 Votes

Shakarra

Mar 3, 2017
good evening guys,

i tried this "consolecheat" by randybaton, but i getting this error msg:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/options.rpy", line 203: init statement expects a non-empty block.
init +1:
^

File "game/options.rpy", line 204: python block expects a non-empty block.
python hide:
^

File "game/options.rpy", line 205: expected statement.
config.developer = True
^
anyone a idea wath i should do? xDD

sigterm

Feb 27, 2017
good evening guys,

i tried this "consolecheat" by randybaton, but i getting this error msg:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/options.rpy", line 203: init statement expects a non-empty block.
init +1:
^

File "game/options.rpy", line 204: python block expects a non-empty block.
python hide:
^

File "game/options.rpy", line 205: expected statement.
config.developer = True
^
anyone a idea wath i should do? XDD
You need to indent the lines:

Give some spaces after the first line... 4 on the second and 8 on the third.

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Tried the game, have some pro and con:

Pro
- a trainer game with corruption is in itself a pro :p
- good writing quality, and dev seems like to want to develop all characters, instead of adding tons of generic ones. Which is great.
- good character design for the princess, and I like the fact she's not a blob, but have some personality
- the wood elf and maid too are well drawn

Con
- the shop keeper isn't badly designed, but it's definitely weird IMO and takes some getting used to. Also that makes a lot of short characters in the story.
- there is not (yet) that many things to do, especially the fun things like tons of clothing, voyeur stuff, influencing citizen, managing things, visiting locations...
- the prologue lacks just a little something to make it more believable. Like, mc inherited the kingdom because the other is dying, or they're friends since a long time, or it's been in the initial contract or something...

anormiedude

Mar 8, 2018
Played the game just now and here is first view of it.

Have a very simple storyline, stereotype characters, crude humour, all these are its plus points. It has potential and i'll keep an eye out for this. For creators, good job and please add plentiful degarading h-scenes in next build :winkytongue:

For me art is passable, i think drawings just don't have enough expressions in it and also h-scenes doesn't have enough animation. The embarrassment and horny-ness need to be caught better with art(hope you get what i mean).

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Fantasy Trainer v0.4 public release is out!
I focused mostly on getting the thing I call an inventory to work, and adding the new characters so there's isnt that many new scenes with current characters, but I hope to rectify that with v0.45.

Let me know if link doesn't work. I hope you guys enjoy the content, sorry it always takes so long.

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
|----Changelog----|

-Fixed the inventory bag not appearing at night
-Added a direct patreon button in the bottom left of the citymap
-elizabeth's room now has a night background
-added nighttime version of castle lobby
-added dialogue showing your current gold when buying from shop
-Added MC armour with/without blood
-Added cupcake dress for Lilly
-Added a new dress for Sarah and a MiniQuest to go with it
-Added new merchant/new nonbody character
-Added new Mary dinninghall grope scene
-Added new Mary dance and naked dance scene
-Added new dialogue in general
-Added two new job dialogue "scenes" for Elizabeth

Sep 4, 2017
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 10336, in script
p hood "Pssst!"
NameError: name 'Pacifica' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 10336, in script
p hood "Pssst!"
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\character.py", line 982, in __call__
who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1919, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'Pacifica' is not defined

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3047, in script
l smile "Not at all Mr. King [povname]!"
NameError: name 'Lilly' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3047, in script
l smile "Not at all Mr. King [povname]!"
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\character.py", line 982, in __call__
who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1919, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\FantasyTrainer-0.45-dists\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\FantasyTrainer-0.45-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'Lilly' is not defined

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Hey MadRobot, Did you start a fresh game, continue from your last save, or start from one of my saves?

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
This game's a gem! I played the first release back in 1864 or however long it has been, because at the time I was still in the afterglow of loving the shit out of Akabur's games, Princess Trainer and Witch Trainer I mean. Even if there was a million of "clones" coming out and they still pop out once in a while, but of course my interest has decreased a tad by now.

Anyway, I thought it was like all the others. Very close to Princess Trainer with about 1 and a half scenes and nothing that stood out outside of the art, and not because it was so great. I don't wanna sound like I don't like it. I think it's fine. I know people have made fun of a couple things but to be honest. The girls are cute as fuck and turn me on and that's pretty much all I care about. I love the art style for them. Not to say I don't want it to improve either but I like it a lot already.

So, playing it again in version 0.45, it exceeds all my expectations. It is not only the best "akabur trainer" inspired game I can think of right now but it could very well be better than even them in the long run. Seeing how many girls there are in the game and assuming you get plenty of sexy time with all of them.

If I had to point flaws, for me, it would be the MC, as he's at the same time an evil bastard (which is fine, just I like playing good people better) but also isn't defined enough so that you can actually be very nice to "your harem girls", and even sort of a good caring ruler, which is great for me but only make me more confused as to what kind of person this guy really is. Just because it's a total clash from the first few scenes where he doesn't exhibit any kind of moral compass or compation to anyone.

Also, and that's probably just because we're still in early alpha builds, but dialogues and actions repeat way too much. Thankfully, this game isn't too grindy as you get "progress" (new scenes) fairly often, there anren't many long downtimes where you're just grinding and nothing interesting happens. But since there anren't many options for dialogues and the same dialogue option will always, regardless of stats or having had that conversation 1024 times already, be exactly the same. In fact it will always be like it's the first time you're even talking about it at all. And sex scenes are the same, which is even worse. Every time I spank the princess it's the first time I spank the princess. It would be kinda better to just skip text entirely after the first time if there isn't going to be a variation and just give us the CG/animation and the stat change, with a vague line about the effects it had. Finally, UI could use work, obviously, stat changes (love and corruption) are kinda hard to read and easier to miss entirely.

I apologize if this wall of text is hard to digest but I am really excited about this game right now and seriously considering supporting it on Patreon soon. Just, keep up the good work.

Reactions: rhev
4.10 star(s) 23 Votes