NertMaGert

Apr 1, 2018
Has nobody mentioned that this game's art looks exactly copied, and heavily inspired from the first Fable game?
David looks like the MC of the first Fable game, and the whole college looks like the Hero's Guild.
The Town even looks like Oakvale.

peter358

Jan 28, 2018
i'd like to support developers but i live in another country so your 1 or 5 dollars are too much for this. But you are right about patreon benefits. I just check his patreon page for weekly report and see what he is doing what picture is sharing etc.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darth Sidious

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
I mean, it's good to have at least something to give to the patreons since it's so nice of them to contribute and support the artist. Ancho don't even exploit this too much compared to other artists — what a great guy!
Nevertheless, in my opinion he should give patreons a little more participation and involvement in the development of the game’s content (as well as its storyline) as he releases the other versions of the game to the public one by one, as new ones are made. This should be more attractive to people who really want to support him but don't see ""anything in return"" at the moment (since they are used to having so much presence in other games).
If there is one thing the random parton is absolutely worthless at, it's game design and writing stories. It never fails, if patrons have any say in how the story should progress, then the game will be crap within a few releases. Sure, people who pay should get something that makes them feel special. Interfering with the game, however, is not one of those things.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017
Interesting points being made regarding patron influence on games! I've never been sure how to implement such a system without giving up control of the narrative, myself. Maybe I'm a bit of a control freak lol.

Here's the latest progress bar, for those that are curious. Progress is being made!

View attachment 795284
I definitely understand how you wouldn't wanna lose control but even the smallest things matter imho. For example the side character that cheats on her husband, you could ask your supporters for physical apparence, it would hardly change the narrative and it would please patrons. Another way to involve patrons could be for sex scene preference. It still wouldn't change the narrative or story in any way but you could ask the patrons for different positions maybe and you can always limit their options. I am unfortunately not a patron but if I was one, polls like these would make me feel involved.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I am a patron and I am fine leaving the creative decisions in Ancho's capable hands. I would prefer him not get sidetracked worrying over minor details that some patrons want and stick to focusing on the delightful imagination that creates such a wonderful game.

My experience is that Patreon polls are great for "one-offs" (static renders, outfit options), but anything more significant runs headlong into the "you can't please everyone" conundrum. Keep the patrons away from the writing or designing and, if the time and will are there, offer them some cheese elsewhere.

As far as I can tell, this is Ancho's first game. I would rather he concentrate on his craft and do polls and custom requests later on in his development timeline.

Tbone

Jun 21, 2017
Interesting points being made regarding patron influence on games! I've never been sure how to implement such a system without giving up control of the narrative, myself. Maybe I'm a bit of a control freak lol.

Here's the latest progress bar, for those that are curious. Progress is being made!

View attachment 795284

Superb work Ancho! The World is waiting for your next iteration!

peters_99

Apr 13, 2018
People often don't know what they want + you can't always know what the majority wants since the most people who are satisfied remain silent.

This is why i think that only minor things like poses, character appearances (or small flashing), costumes should be decided through polls

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Just a little post to update the progress bar! Work continues, it's going well, blah blah blah. You know the drill by now right?
Working my way through day 3, and it's going to be a narrative-focused day. David continues to get lucky at practically every turn. Starting to wonder if that's a positive thing, or if it's immersion breaking or unbelievable? Hopefully everything still feels earned.
Day 3 will be a bit of a click fest, but also a nice change of pace and tone before the chapter finale on day 4... Which I'm kinda dreading. There's... a lot of art planned for day 4.
Hope all is well in your world. Thank you for everything!
-Ancho

1xxx23

Jun 29, 2020
I am a patron and I am fine leaving the creative decisions in Ancho's capable hands. I would prefer him not get sidetracked worrying over minor details that some patrons want and stick to focusing on the delightful imagination that creates such a wonderful game.

My experience is that Patreon polls are great for "one-offs" (static renders, outfit options), but anything more significant runs headlong into the "you can't please everyone" conundrum. Keep the patrons away from the writing or designing and, if the time and will are there, offer them some cheese elsewhere.

As far as I can tell, this is Ancho's first game. I would rather he concentrate on his craft and do polls and custom requests later on in his development timeline.
Yes. You really enlightened a more reasonable point of view than my previous one! I kinda tried to express my opinions about the patreon, but I ended up sounding inconsequent.

Just quoting what I changed in my response:
"I think that as time goes by Ancho should improve the way that patrons are involved with the game. It would be great to see more people attracted in supporting his work not only to gain access to the newest versions, but for the things that Ancho can explore with them. At the same time, with more support it would be a great opportunity to Ancho boost the popularity of his work by releasing the other versions to the public as new ones are made.

All of this are things to consider in the future and, with patience, I believe that Ancho could handle this with mastery, at the very least."

Tbone

Jun 21, 2017
In Ancho we trust!

Don't let your patrons dictate the story!

Ancho will create wonders himself!

When Patrons gets too much control (and there can be many patrons with many conflicting ideas), story and character-development can go all over the place, leading to a not as comprehensible main story!

Focus on character this! Focus on that! etc

In the end, the game can turn out to be so much different than what it once was.

I have faith in Ancho!

Last edited:

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018

Work continues!
You'll probably be surprised to hear that I underestimated how many illustrations I'd want to make for day 3. So it's taking longer than I thought it would, but it's also looking really good so far!
Life also kind of intervened last week and slowed me down, but I am back at my desk catching up on things!
Hope you're all well! And thanks for your continued support and encouragement!
-Ancho

Tbone

Jun 21, 2017

Work continues!
You'll probably be surprised to hear that I underestimated how many illustrations I'd want to make for day 3. So it's taking longer than I thought it would, but it's also looking really good so far!
Life also kind of intervened last week and slowed me down, but I am back at my desk catching up on things!
Hope you're all well! And thanks for your continued support and encouragement!
-Ancho
Thank YOU for being Ancho

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes