Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Well, he never had THAT much of a following - that was the problem. Sure, those of us who DID follow were passionate, but, we don't pay for all the groceries, let alone computer hardware.

As to not picking up where he left off - why not? He chose to make chapter 10 a psuedo ending point that would allow him to step right back in if he were so inclined.

I just think he's not likely to return for some time (if ever) due to the creative dismay he felt over an intensive project that didn't hit the big time with the adult VN crowd. It will be interesting to see, if there is a return, whether it will be to continue this or something entirely different.

bsr2

Apr 11, 2018
Well, he never had THAT much of a following - that was the problem. Sure, those of us who DID follow were passionate, but, we don't pay for all the groceries, let alone computer hardware.

As to not picking up where he left off - why not? He chose to make chapter 10 a psuedo ending point that would allow him to step right back in if he were so inclined.

I just think he's not likely to return for some time (if ever) due to the creative dismay he felt over an intensive project that didn't hit the big time with the adult VN crowd. It will be interesting to see, if there is a return, whether it will be to continue this or something entirely different.
Wow big shame, just checking in now. This was and still is one of the best games on here that I have played. A true shame

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
I think this game should be given an honorary completed tag. Its too good a game to have people passing it up over the abandoned tag. It could pretty much be considered a finished game anyway, albeit one with a cliffhanger ending. If any mods around here have the power to do so, please at least consider it.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I think this game should be given an honorary completed tag. Its too good a game to have people passing it up over the abandoned tag. It could pretty much be considered a finished game anyway, albeit one with a cliffhanger ending. If any mods around here have the power to do so, please at least consider it.
I'm in agreement with this sentiment, the game was getting big enough size wise to be where he could have split the game off again into another build, as like Chapters 11 onward, or just a big Part 2.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Add me in to the group that feels enough was accomplished in the first 10 chapters to call this "finished". Book 1, at the very least, with the remaining chapters being the "Lost Tales".

I don't know if that's how the site works, though, since the abandoned represents both the absence of the creator and the (unfortunately real) lack of completion of the game.

darker246

Jul 24, 2018
As a huge fan of this game, i also agree that at very least it doesn't deserve to be avoided due to "abandoned" tag. Chapter 1 was finished and although it was left on a cliffhanger, many other games would literally have a second game for second chapter, most popular example being Timestamps. So, yes, a finished tag is fitting.

Slipboi

Aug 4, 2017
full save 6-10 to bad its been let go the art grown on me and the improvement hes had from 1-10

Reactions: Kakasplat

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Because of the return to life (temporarily) of this thread I decided to fire up the game again and played through all 10 chapters.

Really, it's stunning to be reminded how good this game is. The characters are fleshed out, not just throwaways and the story...

I thought I had it figured out as the basic rotten-man-in-power-tries-to-take-everyone's-land tale but it is so much more. Adding in mysteries, magic, religion, cults and more subplots you can shake a nutubust at, this story could easily go for a dozen more chapters. And it's LONG. It's a reader's delight.

Plus, whether by design or desperation, Ancho back-loaded tons more sexual encounters as the game progressed. Rare indeed are the AVN's that live up to the N, but Fantasy Valley is one of those.

I hope that Ancho at least finished the story for himself, regardless of whether or not he would ever release it publicly again. As a writer and a reader, I would find it too irresistable not to find out where the tale ended up.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
Because of the return to life (temporarily) of this thread I decided to fire up the game again and played through all 10 chapters.

Really, it's stunning to be reminded how good this game is. The characters are fleshed out, not just throwaways and the story...

I thought I had it figured out as the basic rotten-man-in-power-tries-to-take-everyone's-land tale but it is so much more. Adding in mysteries, magic, religion, cults and more subplots you can shake a nutubust at, this story could easily go for a dozen more chapters. And it's LONG. It's a reader's delight.

Plus, whether by design or desperation, Ancho back-loaded tons more sexual encounters as the game progressed. Rare indeed are the AVN's that live up to the N, but Fantasy Valley is one of those.

I hope that Ancho at least finished the story for himself, regardless of whether or not he would ever release it publicly again. As a writer and a reader, I would find it too irresistable not to find out where the tale ended up.
It truly is one of the best VNs on the site. There's so much passion oozing from every aspect. Its just such an all around joy to experience. Great writing, characters, art, you name it. It just sucks the way it ended up. Abandoned with, to my knowledge, no real release on any legit platforms(Steam, Itch.io, GOG, etc.). This game could easily be lost media in a few years. It deserves so much better.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I wish I had more knowledge of game platforms to pitch him about Steam. I am sure he could have made enough impact there to keep his enthusiasm for the game. Alas, I was clued into that platform after Ancho disappeared.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes