VN Ren'Py Far Beyond the World [Chapter 17] [Echoes of Arcane]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Wolfarren

Sep 1, 2017
i just choose to completely ignore the mc and pretend he doesn't exist he's definitely the worst part about the whole VN but i usually avoid all VN's that don't include a set MC the self inserts are always a killer and ruin everything also doesn't help that kael is 1 twitter post away from disappearing which makes wanting to support him at any point just not worth it dudes mental.

Feb 16, 2021
i just choose to completely ignore the mc and pretend he doesn't exist he's definitely the worst part about the whole VN but i usually avoid all VN's that don't include a set MC the self inserts are always a killer
It's worse because most of the self-inserts *have* character traits that just end up being barebone. Like the MC's incompetence at explaining he has universal translation powers. Take Ben from Santa Lucia a counterexample. He hides his problems and doesn't seek help, which is annyoing, but at least he feels consistant and it's treated like a real flaw. He even outright refuses some of your choices because it doen't make sense for his character.

The other characters do have good characteristics.

OddieWeirdo

Jun 4, 2020
Wonderful story and also...cruel...(in a good way I mean ^^')
Now I'm just curious how Kael is going to set up this....

lordrango

Aug 29, 2018
How to get all the previous chapters? It seems the latest file is chapter 8 (unless I'm mistaken) and the only other I saw available in the OP is chapter 7 - what happened to all the other chapters?

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Win:

Mac:

Android:

little spoiler: ending of this chapter rather sucked
The "stand-along" thing is kinda confusing.
Tell me if this is right: So to play the whole stories, you need:
1. Chapter 1 to 6 (Ended) Version 4.5.8
2. Chapter 7 stand-alone (Ended) Version 4.7.1
3. Chapter 8 Version 4.8.3 (Ended)?

Last edited:

Parasiitti

May 8, 2021
The "stand-along" thing is kinda confusing.
1. 4.5.8
2. 4.7.1
3. 4.8.1 from Itch(confusingly actually 4.8.2 when you download it)
4. 4.8.3
Its a bit of a stupid mess. As I understood it, author fucked up some system and is now trying to figure out how to compile it but keeps the progress going in the meantime to keep revenue coming.

Reactions: Shanala

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
1. 4.5.8
2. 4.7.1
3. 4.8.1 from Itch(confusingly actually 4.8.2 when you download it)
4. 4.8.3
Its a bit of a stupid mess. As I understood it, author fucked up some system and is now trying to figure out how to compile it but keeps the progress going in the meantime to keep revenue coming.
So if we wait long enough, there'll eventually be a version that's "all-in-one" again?
There're definitely tons of duplicates within those 2G+ Files, as 500+mb for a "stand-along chapter" is too hefty.

Feb 16, 2021
How to get all the previous chapters? It seems the latest file is chapter 8 (unless I'm mistaken) and the only other I saw available in the OP is chapter 7 - what happened to all the other chapters?
7 and 8 are in standalone builds of the game, because such a complex story as this cannot handle the stanard renpy engine. Or was it the other way around?
Anyway, . Feeling annoyed? Me too.
PS: 7 and 8 are standalone from each other, too.

Reactions: lordrango

reval912

Nov 24, 2019
itch. it has all previous. chapter 7 is compiled into 1. and chapter 1-6 are squish into another one.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes