VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.6] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Forgot to add. Imagine making a game over scenarios in lewd visual novels in year 2022 of our lord. :KEK:
I can positively say that the Game Over screen is a joke that I made during a talk on Discord, which FFCreations liked an decided to add three or four days ago. That's why, instead of returning to main menu, the game returns you for the exact same point that you should leave the scene. You can say it's Dreams of Desire PTSD.

The rest of criticism is completely valid, and thanks for playing.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
So what's the status of Freeloading Family if the dev has already moved on to a new game? Weren't we still waiting for the final endings for that game? I remember something about to more single endings I think and a final harem ending. What will be the future tags for this game? Will there be a harem route?
after sabotaging FLF and anbandoning ,heres the next try....i wait till i know if it´s worth to dl and play,don´t need another frustrating FLF....maybe i´m wrong,for this i better wait a while longer

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Thanks everyone for playing and giving feedback.

I do want to kindly ask that we keep the Freeloading Family talk to a minimum. Mainly because it's not constructive to this game. It's also not that game's thread. But most importantly, the writer for this game has no association to the writing of Freeloading Family. I completely understand if you have problems with Freeloading Family, but this writer has nothing to do with that.

And also just so we can (hopefully) put another misinformed thing to rest: Freeloading Family is on hold. Not abandoned. There was problem with the writer for that game, so we were unable to finish it. And since I didn't want everyone to just wait for nothing, I started this game in the meantime. The writer for Freeloading Family has since returned and told me he's writing the next update now. So once he send me it, I'll finish the work on Freeloading Family as well. This is not a jumping ship situation.

It is a pity that the developer does not make animation. Then, this game could be added to my collection.
Animations were planned. I hope to have at least one every update. But there was no good scene to have an animation for in this update. Hopefully you'll see animations in future updates.

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Thanks everyone for playing and giving feedback.

I do want to kindly ask that we keep the Freeloading Family talk to a minimum. Mainly because it's not constructive to this game. It's also not that game's thread. But most importantly, the writer for this game has no association to the writing of Freeloading Family. I completely understand if you have problems with Freeloading Family, but this writer has nothing to do with that.

And also just so we can (hopefully) put another misinformed thing to rest: Freeloading Family is on hold. Not abandoned. There was problem with the writer for that game, so we were unable to finish it. And since I didn't want everyone to just wait for nothing, I started this game in the meantime. The writer for Freeloading Family has since returned and told me he's writing the next update now. So once he send me it, I'll finish the work on Freeloading Family as well. This is not a jumping ship situation.

Animations were planned. I hope to have at least one every update. But there was no good scene to have an animation for in this update. Hopefully you'll see animations in future updates.
I like your game and the beautiful renders but is MC gonna stay a simp or will he grow a backbone soon?

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I like your game and the beautiful renders
Thank you.
is MC gonna stay a simp or will he grow a backbone soon?
This was definitely not our intention. So we will try our best to rectify that. This is why it's especially important to now voice constructive criticism so that we can improve the game. Just saying "it's garbage" and putting it on ignore after only reading the comments is not really helping anyone.

This is after all only version 1. Like I myself mentioned in the release post:
I would hope you keep an open mind as this is the first version and with a new writer. So we're still somewhat finding our footing so to speak.
Some people here praise the early/mid parts of Freeloading Family, which of course is music to my ears. But I do think they might've forgotten the fact that the game was completely different when it first released. It went through an entire rewrite. So just as with that game, I hope that with this game people give it a chance to properly develop. Voicing constructive criticism to help it develop.

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
I like your game and the beautiful renders but is MC gonna stay a simp or will he grow a backbone soon?
The 1st chapter was mostly to present characters, current and past, some relations and some drama. I think the "simp" complaints are valid, and it will be something that I'll definitely will pay attention in future updates, but I preferred to backtrack a little to focus on estabilishing some key fundamentals of the story. The game has this name, "Far-off Friends", for a reason.

Right now, there will be three different paths for it, as someone mentioned before: Love, Lust and Dom. And individual characters have single relationship points. And some situations will require a certain level of relationship points to trigger some paths in the future.

Of course, apart from some key non-lewd moments of the game, all the relationships will be optional.

Last edited:

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Ty for the help.
After the way this dev managed to fuck up in a horrible way his previous game i was already more inclined to not even try this game but decided to read some comments about the game before puting it on ignore.
Now i read it is yet another spineless mc, i really don't see the appeal in making this kind of spineless mc's but oh well.
Anyway GL and HF.
Umm. Not playing the game is cool and all but I never called mc spineless. He is selfless and unassertive like vast majority of vanilla romance game protagonists and it does ruin the game a bit for me personally but in my playthrough I never thought of him as spineless.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Ty for the help.
After the way this dev managed to fuck up in a horrible way his previous game i was already more inclined to not even try this game but decided to read some comments about the game before puting it on ignore.
Now i read it is yet another spineless mc, i really don't see the appeal in making this kind of spineless mc's but oh well.
Anyway GL and HF.
You're free to do as you wish. However, this is an entirely new writer. He has no association to the writing for the previous game. And me personally, I did the renders/art of the previous game, not writing, nor will I be a writer in this game. So I too have little association to the story. The one who did everything regarding the story for the past game is in no way associated with this game.

This is why I hoped to put comments like these to rest with the past comment I made explaining everything.

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes