VN Others Father Figure [v0.5.0] [Xia Liu Bei]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
An update with no dialogue but has a huge text box.... you might want to think that through next time.

Also, whats with some of the reviews? One guy gives it 2 stars but then explains he never played it through. And another guy makes 7 different observations and 6 of the 7 are negatives... and then goes on to give the game 4 stars.
Think its obvious whats going on with the reviews, a lot do it but hide it better

Nalogan

Sep 11, 2018
Don't get me wrong, i like the game so far, wonderful renders, beautiful daugthers, nice story. But the textbox is a pain in the ass, to big and you cant make it transparent. Hit everytime the h button to see more of the picture make the gameplay very difficult .

Reactions: Xia Liu Bei

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
Don't get me wrong, i like the game so far, wonderful renders, beautiful daugthers, nice story. But the textbox is a pain in the ass, to big and you cant make it transparent. Hit everytime the h button to see more of the picture make the gameplay very difficult .
I’ll see what I can do about the text box for the next update.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
This game is a masterpiece. Everything looks carefully done. Can't wait to add this game to my Steam library.

10/10
Thank you, Danjuro83. And for the very nice review. I was a bit down in the dumps, and woke up to read your very nice comments, and some nice PM’s from supporters.

I wish I could find the words to express my gratitude to all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

With love,
-XLB

• Red Heart
Reactions: Danjuro83

Danjuro83

Jul 29, 2017
Thank you, Danjuro83. And for the very nice review. I was a bit down in the dumps, and woke up to read your very nice comments, and some nice PM’s from supporters.

I wish I could find the words to express my gratitude to all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

With love,
-XLB
Your game is amazing, I can see the effort and care you put in it. Keep it up, and consider make an early access in Steam, I will purchate the game.

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
What’s going on with the reviews?
Dont let people like me who didnt like your game get you in the dumps my guy, just voicing our opinion of the project and not hating on you. Its clear in the renders of your games you put a the work in and it is the reason I keep trying them, this one tho...I dont like hating on devs and didnt mean to if it came through like that just giving mho

As for the reviews they are overly biased, and as pointed out in the post I replied to are weird. But best of luck with the game, dont let comments get you down, after all no ones taste is the same you'll get some who love it and others who dont

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
After playing the whole game available, I will say I really enjoyed it. The daughters are gorgeous, and I like their personalities. Rose & Cammy haven't really done anything for me yet, so maybe they'll grow on me. Haha

I still have a problem with the lack of rollback. It wouldn't be as big of a problem if you could save the game at choices. Instead, you have to be clairvoyant, and save just before a choice.

Off topic side note, I actually preferred the 1st swimsuit the youngest daughter tried on, but it was for some reason rejected. :(

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
After playing the whole game available, I will say I really enjoyed it. The daughters are gorgeous, and I like their personalities. Rose & Cammy haven't really done anything for me yet, so maybe they'll grow on me. Haha

I still have a problem with the lack of rollback. It wouldn't be as big of a problem if you could save the game at choices. Instead, you have to be clairvoyant, and save just before a choice.
I've lobbied hard for a rollback feature to be added to Tyrano, but no dice so far. Believe me, I hate it too. If it makes you feel any better, the game isn't designed for players to "win" or "lose." There's no one choice that will cut you off from a character permanently. Like life, people you love aren't just going to vanish because you didn't pet their cat or remember their favorite food.

For example, on day 1 if you pet Andrea's cat, she writes "I love you" on the bathroom mirror. If you didn't, she doesn't. It doesn't mean your daughter hates you if you don't pet the cat, or that you're on the wrong path, it just means you don't get that sweet message.

Another example from day 1. If you don't take Rose's call, it just means you won't call her back that night and get some backstory on your relationship with her. If you accepted your sister's advances and rejected Rose, you'll call her and get some backstory on that relationship instead. If you rejected both you won't call either.

None of these decisions will put you off the path of characters you're interested in. I don't want players to be conditioned into thinking there is only one correct way to play the game. Play it any way you want. If you want relationships with characters, you'll always have that opportunity. Nothing is permanent or irreversible.

Decisions are important, and you do get some good backstory depending on how you interact with the girls, but nothing is binding. My main goal is for players to have fun, not to win or lose.

Off topic side note, I actually preferred the 1st swimsuit the youngest daughter tried on, but it was for some reason rejected. :(
Haha. Everything was rejected because this is a father we're talking about here. Anything other than full metal armor and a chastity belt were going to produce that reaction.

Don't let it discourage you, though. Daddy definitely isn't getting the final word on the swimsuits.

Croosby86

Mar 21, 2020
Who are the dudes in picture slide 6? Since this is no NTR game (Which im happy about)... They are truly sus.

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
I've lobbied hard for a rollback feature to be added to Tyrano, but no dice so far. Believe me, I hate it too. If it makes you feel any better, the game isn't designed for players to "win" or "lose." There's no one choice that will cut you off from a character permanently. Like life, people you love aren't just going to vanish because you didn't pet their cat or remember their favorite food.

For example, on day 1 if you pet Andrea's cat, she writes "I love you" on the bathroom mirror. If you didn't, she doesn't. It doesn't mean your daughter hates you if you don't pet the cat, or that you're on the wrong path, it just means you don't get that sweet message.

Another example from day 1. If you don't take Rose's call, it just means you won't call her back that night and get some backstory on your relationship with her. If you accepted your sister's advances and rejected Rose, you'll call her and get some backstory on that relationship instead. If you rejected both you won't call either.

None of these decisions will put you off the path of characters you're interested in. I don't want players to be conditioned into thinking there is only one correct way to play the game. Play it any way you want. If you want relationships with characters, you'll always have that opportunity. Nothing is permanent or irreversible.

Decisions are important, and you do get some good backstory depending on how you interact with the girls, but nothing is binding. My main goal is for players to have fun, not to win or lose.

Haha. Everything was rejected because this is a father we're talking about here. Anything other than full metal armor and a chastity belt were going to produce that reaction.

Don't let it discourage you, though. Daddy definitely isn't getting the final word on the swimsuits.
I'm one of those people who want the backstory, so those choices do mean something to me. So, if no rollback, is there an option to be able to save at choices? Or, is that also a Tyrano thing?

Also, you're not even given the option to pet the cat if you don't knock, even though she doesn't seem to mind, I guess the cat does. Haha

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
gives you the error when you "install" the app on your phone?
it worked for me, but out of 900 downloads, only you wrote me, let me know.
which phone do you have?
Try this, I made it 98% compatible with all android devices.
I hope it works, there are two versions (y)

link1 link2
Link 1 (the "rev" link) downloaded and installed fine. Going to play now. Thanks.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
I'm one of those people who want the backstory, so those choices do mean something to me. So, if no rollback, is there an option to be able to save at choices? Or, is that also a Tyrano thing?
You can quick save at any time using F5, including during choices. Quick load is F7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dipper Pines
3.40 star(s) 18 Votes