VN Others Father Figure [v0.5.0] [Xia Liu Bei]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
The Ren’Py version isn’t updated yet. The Android is. Both of those were done by volunteers. I leave it entirely up to the volunteers to do what they want, when they want.

And thanks again to momo-san and Saipan for their help.

As I mentioned in the OP, if anyone else would like to volunteer, send me a PM. Volunteers will get early builds of the game and their name in the credits.
I did my own conversion of v0.3.1, using the RenPy version of 0.1 as a template and after some trial an error I managed to convert the original script files to RenPy commands and the game playthrough seemed to be okay.

I am not an expert on using RenPy but I believe my own conversion is the best I can do to ab able to play the game.

tricky17

Oct 12, 2018
abandoned ? nothing on the Discord or subscription site so I stopped paying shame as it had great potential

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
abandoned ? nothing on the Discord or subscription site so I stopped paying shame as it had great potential
Well, Xia Liu Bei is on this site (owns this thread, in fact), so I'm sure they can give an update when they're able. I don't think this is abandoned, unless the developer specifically says so. Even should this get the label slapped on it, I wouldn't make that assumption.

tricky17

Oct 12, 2018
Xia Liu Bei has been a bit quiet in here lately, but I don't see why you think this game's been abandoned. It's just been about 3 months since the last update. If you want the game to continue, unsubbing probably isn't the way to go
I disagree if I am paying a dev I at least I except some communications like a monthly line or two its a respect to your subscribers

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
Xia Liu Bei has been a bit quiet in here lately, but I don't see why you think this game's been abandoned. It's just been about 3 months since the last update. If you want the game to continue, unsubbing probably isn't the way to go
Thank you, buddy. I don't post here much because it's stressful for me.

As for my SubscribeStar, I post and have posted at least once a month (usually more) with the exception of August, as my wife and I were dealing with Covid.

I will finish X-Trek II (my fulltime game) this year, and that will be by second completed game. And then Father Figure will become my fulltime game. I appreciate anyone that supports my work, and won't argue if they aren't happy and want to leave. They are the consumer, and it is their right to vote with their wallet.

The only thing that I wish people would not do is claim the game is abandoned. I don't abandon games. I never have and never will.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
I did my own conversion of v0.3.1, using the RenPy version of 0.1 as a template and after some trial an error I managed to convert the original script files to RenPy commands and the game playthrough seemed to be okay.

I am not an expert on using RenPy but I believe my own conversion is the best I can do to ab able to play the game.
That sounds great, Mikey. I don't know if you intended to share your conversion with the F95 fans here, but you have my blessing if so. I'll add the link to the front page if you do. Either way, thanks for playing. It is much appreciated.

Onebadbassist

Sep 26, 2021
loli as a genre is a japanese term my dude.... and it means prepubescent figure.
Also lolita doesn't mean seduced by older man, just means alluring young girl. (i.e. sudective).
And given the book it is based on.... it means basically the same thing, as the use for it as a genre. (the girl in the book was... uhhh 20 - 8).
Which is well not in the teens. (a year off, and would likely be prepubescent too).
no the original book was written in 1955 and lolita was 12 years old the japanese genre takes its name from the short version of lolita and ranges from 17 and under

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
no the original book was written in 1955 and lolita was 12 years old the japanese genre takes its name from the short version of lolita and ranges from 17 and under
bruh.... that is not what loli means XD

Loli is 12 bodytype and below, not 17. Just look at all the things with that tag and you would know.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Updated the OP with latest Ren'Py conversion courtesy of MikeyUK. Not official, of course, but very much appreciated. Hopefully this will improve the playing experience for people who prefer Ren'Py.
Oh I missed this post. I definitely prefer the Renpy experience - I forget whether you answered this already, but is there a way to add a "back" function and gallery option in Tyrano? To me those make a major difference in game play, to undo wrong choices, and to replay lewd scenes etc.

Love the new look for the younger daughter in this last update. Hope we will see more with her and young Jennifer Connelly daughter in the next update! Also hope the hinted/teased bush shaving sequences may happen at some point :LOL:

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
Here is the release schedule for the latest update of Father Figure:

11/13/2022: Father Figure and Big Brother subscribers.
11/23/2022: Little Brother subscribers
11/28/2022: Friend subscribers
11/29/2022: Fan subscribers
12/02/2022: Public release

I'll release my original version as well as the Ren'Py conversion here on the public release date of 12/02/2022. There will be an android version as well, for my android friends.

The Ren'Py conversion is courtesy of MikeyUK, and the android conversion and Italian translations are both courtesy of Saipan, so give them a shout out if you run into them here or elsewhere on the forums.

If you enjoy the game please consider supporting it on SubscribeStar or Itch.io. Well, that's all for now.

Regards,
~XLB

tb 041.jpg

diablo8x

Feb 3, 2018
bruh.... that is not what loli means XD

Loli is 12 bodytype and below, not 17. Just look at all the things with that tag and you would know.
You both are right in a way ... while you are arguing about a specific age, you are missing what those ages mean and why there is a difference between the Western and Japanese ages.
As Onebadbassist said the term Lolita from which loli is a shortened form originated in the west and was applied to 17 under - this is because it specifies Under Age ... as in the age of consent which is generally in the west viewed as being 18 so 17 and bellow.
The term made it to Japan and it kept the meaning of Under Age ... but there is a difference in Japan the age of consent is 13 so Japan applied it to 12 and bellow which is where bobdillan is coming from ...
The meaning remained the same but because the range where its applied is different we get this discrepancy

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
You both are right in a way ... while you are arguing about a specific age, you are missing what those ages mean and why there is a difference between the Western and Japanese ages.
As Onebadbassist said the term Lolita from which loli is a shortened form originated in the west and was applied to 17 under - this is because it specifies Under Age ... as in the age of consent which is generally in the west viewed as being 18 so 17 and bellow.
The term made it to Japan and it kept the meaning of Under Age ... but there is a difference in Japan the age of consent is 13 so Japan applied it to 12 and bellow which is where bobdillan is coming from ...
The meaning remained the same but because the range where its applied is different we get this discrepancy
One major issue there, I ain't arguing about age... I am talking about the tag, and the term....
And well.. my friend, Lolita has nothing to do with age of consent.....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is pretty much all I would have to say on this topic... can't really do much more than providing the history of the term :S

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
However you feel about the term, I'm not sure how this directly relates to this game. It was already said people have differing opinions on whether the loli tag should be applied: fair. Getting into the etymology and current use of the term lolita seems off topic to me, especially since the tag is not on this game now.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I just tried your game out and I love what you are creating but hate the engine. I played the original until I got frustrated and then tried the Renpy version and the difference for me was night and day. I rate every game I play into categories from Amazing down to Meh. I have played over a 1000 of these games and only 10% are good enough that I want to follow them and this will be one of them. Something about the way you are writing is really enjoyable for me. The only thing that I am worried about is that most developers think harem equates to all li's in the harem have to be Bi-sexual and have sex with each other. That has absolutely ruined some of my favorite games for me. Other's have been smart enough to give me a choice as to whether my Li's will be Bi-sexual or straight and created separate routes for these two choices. I know it's a lot more work but if you are considering that path please give us choices over our Li's sexual preferences. I see that a new update is coming out soon and I eagerly look forward to it.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I just tried your game out and I love what you are creating but hate the engine. I played the original until I got frustrated and then tried the Renpy version and the difference for me was night and day. I rate every game I play into categories from Amazing down to Meh. I have played over a 1000 of these games and only 10% are good enough that I want to follow them and this will be one of them. Something about the way you are writing is really enjoyable for me. The only thing that I am worried about is that most developers think harem equates to all li's in the harem have to be Bi-sexual and have sex with each other. That has absolutely ruined some of my favorite games for me. Other's have been smart enough to give me a choice as to whether my Li's will be Bi-sexual or straight and created separate routes for these two choices. I know it's a lot more work but if you are considering that path please give us choices over our Li's sexual preferences. I see that a new update is coming out soon and I eagerly look forward to it.
While I disagree wholeheartedly about bisexuality "ruining" a harem, I definitely am always in favor of more choice, as long as it doesn't make a game / VN unmanageable. Xia Liu Bei is an experienced developer though, so I don't worry about that happening in his games.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes