3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

YallowThere

Nov 26, 2020
Personally I believe the artist got uppity, felt bad about drawing lewd anime girls, thought the game would sell well without any H, people got reasonably mad about it since they expected it and he was forced by the rest of the team to draw lewd stuff without wanting to draw it. So that is why it looks so horrid in the dlcs.
That makes sense. At least they should've just moved away from the group/dev team after their contract to pursue works that they truly love.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
View attachment 922289

Yeah... I don't really like the attitude of this dev on their game or whomever is on customer support at that time.
That was a very rude way to talk to 1 of their buyer, wonder was it because of stress or did the developer's team let his true nature slipped?
Personally I believe the artist got uppity, felt bad about drawing lewd anime girls, thought the game would sell well without any H, people got reasonably mad about it since they expected it and he was forced by the rest of the team to draw lewd stuff without wanting to draw it. So that is why it looks so horrid in the dlcs.
Then he should have left and let someone else drawing the nsfw content, giving the buyers low quality arts when they are paying good money for the game truly unacceptable and prove why pirating games was needed

• Angry
Reactions: TFM

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I see no tags for "no sexual content".
Nor do I see ones with sexual content...I am confused do the tags need to be updated...?
You are correct about that. Hey RedKing, any chance the tags can be updated to reflect no sexual content?

That was a very rude way to talk to 1 of their buyer, wonder was it because of stress or did the developer's team let his true nature slipped?

Then he should have left and let someone else drawing the nsfw content, giving the buyers low quality arts when they are paying good money for the game truly unacceptable and prove why pirating games was needed
I used to be huge on this game but I see even F95 hasnt found anyone with the gated off 4th DLC. I quit donating to AGL once I argued with Din (the person responding to that guy on Itchio in a short manner) about why he is gating DLC behind a high patreon donor rate, especially when he openly said it was pure fan service and i even said, thats messed up... because I have donated that much lifetime I still am not getting that...

Also, Din loves to tell a story about how Yangyang talked to them about Faulty Apprentice during development and then next thing you know...Voila, that story always rubbed me the wrong way and Dinmoney sure had a boastful way of talking about it...

Sad, because Zariinna is one of my favorite elven characters of all time.

Reactions: thevoid089

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
You are correct about that. Hey RedKing, any chance the tags can be updated to reflect no sexual content?

I used to be huge on this game but I see even F95 hasnt found anyone with the gated off 4th DLC. I quit donating to AGL once I argued with Din (the person responding to that guy on Itchio in a short manner) about why he is gating DLC behind a high patreon donor rate, especially when he openly said it was pure fan service and i even said, thats messed up... because I have donated that much lifetime I still am not getting that...

Also, Din loves to tell a story about how Yangyang talked to them about Faulty Apprentice during development and then next thing you know...Voila, that story always rubbed me the wrong way and Dinmoney sure had a boastful way of talking about it...

Sad, because Zariinna is one of my favorite elven characters of all time.
That's really messed up, AGL truly are greedy to pull that stun...And how ironic because compare to their game Love Esquire actually fun and has decent amount of content, maybe not perfect but the possitive reviews has showed that people are satisfied with that game while Faulty Apprentice seem...shallow and missing lot of things that could make it better

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
That's really messed up, AGL truly are greedy to pull that stun...And how ironic because compare to their game Love Esquire actually fun and has decent amount of content, maybe not perfect but the possitive reviews has showed that people are satisfied with that game while Faulty Apprentice seem...shallow and missing lot of things that could make it better
One thing thats clearly better about LE is the fact it has a clear and concise ending without sequel bait, which is VERY MUCH intended per Din.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
One thing thats clearly better about LE is the fact it has a clear and concise ending without sequel bait, which is VERY MUCH intended per Din.
Talking about endings, it seems that there are no plans of actually making a sequel or at least an ending to the story; (they made the beach episode DLC and gated it to Patreons only -bohooo- and now the Princess afterstory DLC).

The Dark Elf and Commander DLCs are gated after the Patreon COUNT, not funding, which means we won´t see those for a long time, if ever.

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Talking about endings, it seems that there are no plans of actually making a sequel or at least an ending to the story; (they made the beach episode DLC and gated it to Patreons only -bohooo- and now the Princess afterstory DLC).

The Dark Elf and Commander DLCs are gated after the Patreon COUNT, not funding, which means we won´t see those for a long time, if ever.
Wow so Din completely lost his head after the beach DLC. Sad... I liked him at one point but he has unmasked and is now delving into really really bad dev territory.

yep. Fuck this. Play LE. At least you will get inconclusive endings without BS DLC.

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
yep. Fuck this. Play LE. At least you will get inconclusive endings without BS DLC.
Even though I like FA, I must admit that Love Esquire does indeed have a LOT more depth and character.

Sadly, I don´t think we are going to hear about LE 2 anytime soon, because 1- they're developing a yuri VN right now, and 2- They´ll probably need another Kickstarter in order to obtain funds to re-hire the voice actors and artists.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Even though I like FA, I must admit that Love Esquire does indeed have a LOT more depth and character.

Sadly, I don´t think we are going to hear about LE 2 anytime soon, because 1- they're developing a yuri VN right now, and 2- They´ll probably need another Kickstarter in order to obtain funds to re-hire the voice actors and artists.
I also liked the character depth in Love Esquire. It just sucks that I couldn't get the lewd patch to work.

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020

JFC I pray to Vishnu that the main's VA doesnt return. Its sad he (Alejandro Sanz, IMDB'd this dude) is a real VA. The amateurs on Ace Academy did a better job that dude... Alot of the VAs for LE were in the Overlord dub... Vel is also the voice actress of 2B.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Wow so Din completely lost his head after the beach DLC. Sad... I liked him at one point but he has unmasked and is now delving into really really bad dev territory.

Money really make people greedy after all, very sad to see the guy lost his way. And I have the same feeling with you, hope Love Esquire will have a sequel in the future....But maybe it would be a very long long time for it to become reality

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
JFC I pray to Vishnu that the main's VA doesnt return. Its sad he (Alejandro Sanz, IMDB'd this dude) is a real VA. The amateurs on Ace Academy did a better job that dude... Alot of the VAs for LE were in the Overlord dub... Vel is also the voice actress of 2B.
Gonna be honest with you now.

If there ever is a true sequel (as in, you play the same character in a new adventure), then there is no choice but to hire the same VA again, or, at the very least, someone capable of making a convincing imitation of his voice.

That said, considering how many endings the game has, chances are high that any new content will be

1- smaller, self contained stories like the Faulty Apprentice DLCs, and Sable´s Grimoire´s standalones; or

2- a completely new story with new characters (perhaps with an old character making a cameo or 2)

Also, a personal note:

I absolutely LOVED the VA performances for LE, in particular the main character. The game simply wouldn´t be the same without them.

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Wow I look at Steam and I am shocked... SHOCKED! My idea of making DLC4 a paid DLC on Steam and not hiding it to only patrons was stolen and used. Yet to see AGL slide into my Discord DMs to thank me for the idea I told right to Din and Jesika... Thats complete and utter BS! Holy freakin crap man that irritates me so much.
24FCAAD5-CFF3-4E7C-947D-D225FC21FDDA.jpeg

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Wow I look at Steam and I am shocked... SHOCKED! My idea of making DLC4 a paid DLC on Steam and not hiding it to only patrons was stolen and used. Yet to see AGL slide into my Discord DMs to thank me for the idea I told right to Din and Jesika... Thats complete and utter BS! Holy freakin crap man that irritates me so much.
View attachment 976339
Jesus christ! What the hell AGL, what the hell happen to them? How many more messed up things had to happen

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018

View attachment 922289

Yeah... I don't really like the attitude of this dev on their game or whomever is on customer support at that time.

After re-reading it a few times, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the devs response there. They stated a fact as facts, and weren't really rude about it. That was a professional response, it just wasn't the answer the questioner was looking for. I mean, maybe I can see how a sheltered person with minimal social skills would find that offensive, but it doesn't phase me at all. They even said you can talk to them directly on discord. I don't see how that's rude. It's pretty par for the course to not get 2 copies of a game when you buy it on one platform.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes