Frentzy

Feb 11, 2018
I swear half the games I see on here are a scam. Thank god for piracy
Short answer: Agree with you, if the creator doesn't have reputation it will be hard to invest time & money in any projects, it's like gambling. Unless he have more projects that can show what he can do, then that way investing in an alpha game would make sense.

Long answer(this answer does not make sense since it's kinda ramble) :
Well agree on the "1.14" thing, I am planning in 1-2 years to start develop some games too, now I learn programming to get a job first, then after having a stable job I plan to make a game which I will work on it 6-12 months and post it here only after it has like +50% content and post the game 100% for free, and Idk from there if I have talent and learn enough stuff to make a decent game I might start a patreon.
(patreon idea is only good when the one who is doing it, does a decent job at creating that game, but at the same time he shouldn't start "patreon" when the game is not even 10%).

So yeah idk, seeing how people think, it's a never good idea to start a project and start asking for money from the start.
The developer should make people invest in the game like 5hours at least, then maybe they would want to "pay", + you if you have history, that you actually "finish" the game, then you'd get patreons.

Also I realised something, sometimes only having time it's not enough to create a good game. Having a job means that you can use your own money to invest in things like: voice acting, designers (fivers) and other stuff like sprite animations. So basically you could make yourself a "game" by investing money and you could get your money back using patreon. And with enough luck maybe the patreon become main job xD and quit the Real life job, not trying to shame on this creator or something, just my thoughts as my "first comment" ever even tho I used this websites for 2+ years.

Reactions: sonhot

Yuno-Chan

Feb 21, 2018
Game is weird, I prefer normal RPGM Games

timed Minigames to open chests is just annoying :p

Art looks gorgeous btw
I hate those too but this was easier than I thought. There is no penalty for hitting the wrong key it seems at least for the intro, haven't gotten further. I just button mashed repetitively all the arrow keys quickly and opened it easily.

Reactions: Azblane and Khairus

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
I think there's a bug on the Sonya's Letter quest. If the first time you see the letter you have less than 200 gold you can't get it then and have to go back later. If you talk in the tavern after that Sonya will give you 200 gold as an advance. However, after doing that I just never find the encounter on the road again. :(

I hate those too but this was easier than I thought. There is no penalty for hitting the wrong key it seems at least for the intro, haven't gotten further. I just button mashed repetitively all the arrow keys quickly and opened it easily.
You can get five seconds more on the clock by picking up the right passive skill (which I definitely needed)

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Well agree on the "1.14" thing,
Just going to say that for better or (mostly in all honesty) worse there's no standardization for version numbering in programming that's used universally. Even looking at major companies / professional developers you'll find different methods used for numbering releases. What's more important in my opinion is being clear and consistent about the numbering use, or even going back and renumbering earlier releases / changelogs if you switch numbering system used.

So I personally never take any version number as "this is 1.14 so it must be a finished version" or ".0012 this must have no content". It's all down to the individual programmer.

But yeah, having a standard version numbering system would help in general. The problem is getting everyone to agree to use it.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Just going to say that for better or (mostly in all honesty) worse there's no standardization for version numbering in programming that's used universally. Even looking at major companies / professional developers you'll find different methods used for numbering releases. What's more important in my opinion is being clear and consistent about the numbering use, or even going back and renumbering earlier releases / changelogs if you switch numbering system used.

So I personally never take any version number as "this is 1.14 so it must be a finished version" or ".0012 this must have no content". It's all down to the individual programmer.

But yeah, having a standard version numbering system would help in general. The problem is getting everyone to agree to use it.
While it is true there isn't one universal version numbers system 9/10 times 1.0 (or 1.0.0 etc) usually denote full game release, that is the one that about version numbers that is standardized for any real games

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
I've been enjoying the game so far, like the writing. The changes to the controls and mix of keyboard and mouse are a bit confusing at times.

My biggest gripe is the timed mini-game for lockpicking. I just skip it now, because doesn't seem to work no matter what I do - I try and press what I believe is the correct directional arrow... the screen prompt goes grey... but even if I finish the line, it just repeats and repeats and repeats till I run out of time and lose a lockpick.

Either I'm not doing something right, or something is messed up. So I just skip them now.

One thing I can think of - maybe change the image for the direction to be actual arrow's and not just triangles? I know it might sound bizarre... but could be I'm misreading the direction... at first some of the buttons did look like they were diagonal to me.

Look at the attached image. The triangle on the left is what the game currently uses. The arrow on the right is a suggested change. To me makes it easier to read which directional key to press, esp when under a time limit.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
My biggest gripe is the timed mini-game for lockpicking. I just skip it now, because doesn't seem to work no matter what I do - I try and press what I believe is the correct directional arrow... the screen prompt goes grey... but even if I finish the line, it just repeats and repeats and repeats till I run out of time and lose a lockpick.
Yeah, there are several sets of arrows you need to complete to open the chest, there's a progress bar in the upper right of the screen, which is easy to miss since you focus on the arrows. I'm decent at it and doing it accurately I had at best 2-3 seconds left when opening the chest. Though as was said earlier, since there's no penalty for a wrong arrow press you can just spam all 4 arrow keys and easily beat the minigame.

Reactions: Shadowen

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Ok so this game actually is a sequel to The Angels Inn or something? been playing for a while and dang it guys Faylinn x Konrad OTP! Now seriously why does the guy has so little Patrons? The games pretty good for being only chapter one! If i could i would pay the guy but im short of money as it is edit: actually 2 games before this one the other one Called Dungeon Dreams or something becoz there is a blond girl from that game too, maybe i will check em out later

Last edited:

skilet2

Mar 17, 2018
any tips for akane mom quest, no matter how much i try i just cant convince her to talk with her mom
I spent 30 mins trying every combination I could think of and I'm honestly triggered. I really hope there's an actual solution for this and you're not meant to fail it.

Rat_King

Jul 5, 2020
Anyone know what answers I should give during the 'facing mom' quest? No matter what I try, I keep failing the quest.

Shinkaishoujo

Jun 13, 2019
How do you progress the damn plot
Especially if you kill people, which I really wasn't expecting you to be able to do.

ok, well

theres a lot of missable content, at least

game could be really good with more content (obviously, although notable that the choices seem rather ambitious - again, didn't expect to be able to kill actual characters), and sped up combat - the map and mine w/konrad were also much better ways of implementing events.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: James Eveleth

tripleyun

Jul 22, 2019
Would be nice if they stuck with either all mouse or all keyboard for navigation. Switching between the two feels unnecessary.

Oct 31, 2017
Seeing as they have 1.15 out on Patreon and 1.16 in beta, would it be possible to get an update to either version? (preferably 1.16 if at all possible Alisha looks cute)

Reactions: f9account
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes