4.00 star(s) 20 Votes

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
Not sure what to do on the game now, I got one ending but decided to try for another one. Can't kill the crow mauler or head of the wizard, killed the other 2 bosses and found the dead body of the guy I was meant to be looking for. Anyone know what to do to progress further rather than the "Escape?" ending? Also not sure how to use the necromancy ability.
For necromancy, you can use it just by interacting with skeletons or some corpses found around the map.

You can't kill the head of the wizard. You can have him join your team if you talk to him during battle, after acquiring the eclipse talisman. Not an easy task in and of itself because you get the eclipse talisman from talking to a yellow mage about gro-goroth. Which means taking time during the already dangerous yellow mage fights in order to have a conversation.

As for the mauler, it's a dangerous enemy. You can actually beat him early on if you pick up necromancy and walk around with an army of well armed skeletons, but it takes a lot of luck to do it that way since you can't control the skeletons in battle. A much better option is to get attack spells on multiple party members and nuke his head (you can do it with just one party member knowing good spells, but there's a real danger of him pecking one of your team members head off or mauling you to death, if you've got expendable people on your team you might consider taking that risk). It's head alone has got several hundred health. About 500 if I had to guess, but you can do that much with two casts of black orb or greater hurting, which will also almost always hit.

Have you found a way into Ma'havre yet? The city of the gods? That's required for a lot of the endings.

Edit: For those having trouble getting spells, there are a few ways. First is to get a soul stone and use it with an enemy you've beaten or an ally whose died. If you've gotten some affection from gro-goroth and you take the soul to one of those hex table things you can learn his damaging spells. You can find one on the first floor behind the cursed door in the courtyard. Another way is to get a random "scroll of black orb" or "scroll of pyromancy" or other ability scroll item from bookcases. These are the only way I know of to get spells for people other than your main character, so I'd save it for other party members that you plan to keep, personally. The third method is to get an empty scroll and a quill. If you use the first verse as "O LORD" the second verse as "TEACH" and the third verse as the name of the spell or skill you want (for example "HURTING"), All-mer, one of the gods, will teach you pretty much any spell or ability. You can learn to do this in game if you pay attention to some of the book pedestals you walk past. Some of them will have examples of how to use the scrolls, like the exact one I used here.

You can also use an empty scroll with "O LORD" and "GIVE" and the name of certain items. You can use this if you've messed up and locked yourself out of getting some item you need to proceed with specific endings like the eclipse talisman. Specifically the third lines of that is "ECLIPSE".

52a2

Jul 4, 2017
Have you found a way into Ma'havre yet? The city of the gods? That's required for a lot of the endings.

Thats easy you got to get the cube from the underground village, where the knight gets beat up. Its in a house one screen after the bridge. Im stuck on the mannequin puzzle no idea the positions i need to put them in. also what questions to ask the gods i keep realoading and typing in things only to "get we don't understand " some gods they are.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
For necromancy, you can use it just by interacting with skeletons or some corpses found around the map.

You can't kill the head of the wizard. You can have him join your team if you talk to him during battle, after acquiring the eclipse talisman. Not an easy task in and of itself because you get the eclipse talisman from talking to a yellow mage about gro-goroth. Which means taking time during the already dangerous yellow mage fights in order to have a conversation.

As for the mauler, it's a dangerous enemy. You can actually beat him early on if you pick up necromancy and walk around with an army of well armed skeletons, but it takes a lot of luck to do it that way since you can't control the skeletons in battle. A much better option is to get attack spells on multiple party members and nuke his head (you can do it with just one party member knowing good spells, but there's a real danger of him pecking one of your team members head off or mauling you to death, if you've got expendable people on your team you might consider taking that risk). It's head alone has got several hundred health. About 500 if I had to guess, but you can do that much with two casts of black orb or greater hurting, which will also almost always hit.

Edit: For those having trouble getting spells, there are a few ways. First is to get a soul stone and use it with an enemy you've beaten or an ally whose died. If you've gotten some affection from gro-goroth and you take the soul to one of those hex table things you can learn his damaging spells. You can find one on the first floor behind the cursed door in the courtyard. Another way is to get a random "scroll of black orb" or "scroll of pyromancy" or other ability scroll item from bookcases. These are the only way I know of to get spells for people other than your main character, so I'd save it for other party members that you plan to keep, personally. The third method is to get an empty scroll and a quill. If you use the first verse as "O LORD" the second verse as "TEACH" and the third verse as the name of the spell or skill you want (for example "HURTING"), All-mer, one of the gods, will teach you pretty much any spell or ability. You can learn to do this in game if you pay attention to some of the book pedestals you walk past. Some of them will have examples of how to use the scrolls, like the exact one I used here.

You can also use an empty scroll with "O LORD" and "GIVE" and the name of certain items. You can use this if you've messed up and locked yourself out of getting some item you need to proceed with specific endings like the eclipse talisman. Specifically the third lines of that is "ECLIPSE".
Not sure where to go to get into Ma'havre, I have the cube though. Already killed both yellow mages I've seen so I'd need to save edit the talisman in. What other places can I get spells? My character doesn't seem to get most of them from the scrolls, only the girl does

52a2

Jul 4, 2017
Not sure where to go to get into Ma'havre, I have the cube though. Already killed both yellow mages I've seen so I'd need to save edit the talisman in. What other places can I get spells? My character doesn't seem to get most of them from the scrolls, only the girl does
Well its in the area where you find, your goal ie the sun knight commander along the purple path area with the organ. i got thr 2 ways one was the tree just keep going down, the second is just keep going down from the jail where the thief/mercanary and go edit (right) from the stair case. there should be a giant door that needs the cube its before the mines area.

Reactions: Nobby

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
Dont make sense the weak cultists do 30 damage with they lanterns in the Knight, with def:91, but the same attack on mernecary do 14 dmg. I realized but not sure, small weapons or light have more chance to hit, and dont need much dmg to cut a arm of a dickguard for example. Small girl hit much times with the dagger and can cut arm hitting just 30 dmg, the HEAD with 30 dgm, and you fail you hits 60% of times to do 250, much more what needed.

Rain01

Mar 18, 2018
Dont make sense the weak cultists do 30 damage with they lanterns in the Knight, with def:91, but the same attack on mernecary do 14 dmg. I realized but not sure, small weapons or light have more chance to hit, and dont need much dmg to cut a arm of a dickguard for example. Small girl hit much times with the dagger and can cut arm hitting just 30 dmg, the HEAD with 30 dgm, and you fail you hits 60% of times to do 250, much more what needed.
I looked at the wiki, and apparently the defence stat in this game is largely misleading, every item will have specific "attributes" that are hidden (eg. leg protectors protect legs, and if you don't have a weapon you'll deal 90% less damage since you'll be using your fists which are blunt weapons). That being said, higher stats do indicate the item is better.

Diorus

Nov 10, 2017
by the way,developer fucked up with defence so it doesn't actually do anything,he said that he will change that later,so yeah,armor is freaking usseles...

52a2

Jul 4, 2017
Been to Ma'habre and into the tower and into the Rondon dream, seems to be no more I can do after that
YOu have to complete the dream (see everyones story) then the area should light up, then just go left the door should be open. after that i don't know in still stuck at the fing mannequin puzzle.

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
For some reason I can't enable cheat plugin. Even before installing it, I got some js error on startup. Maybe that's why I get white window when I hit F8 button.
Any tips for the workaround?
Or reuploaded version with cheats already enabled?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
For some reason I can't enable cheat plugin. Even before installing it, I got some js error on startup. Maybe that's why I get white window when I hit F8 button.
Any tips for the workaround?
Or reuploaded version with cheats already enabled?
If it gives you a message like "your nw.js version is too old while this game have new" or something like that, don't worry and just press ok. The MV cheat menu will still work anyways (assuming you're talking about that).

Reactions: happybrother

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
As an avid phobophile, based on the description and comments I have to give this a try. I've spent the better part of two years looking for a guro game to stand up to legacy of Dustmania Grotesque. Hopefully this one delivers, and hopefully some of the "bad ends" have some cgs attached. Not that I don't have a vivid imagination, but I don't do multitasking well, if you catch my meaning.

Challenging you say? I can overcome any challenge for cannibalism, ritual sacrifice, sexual mutilation, etc.

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes