4.00 star(s) 20 Votes

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
What's the point of lighting torches? You will never be standing in one place, at most going to go through it quickly two or three times ... Does it really make a difference?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
What's the point of lighting torches? You will never be standing in one place, at most going to go through it quickly two or three times ... Does it really make a difference?
I think is for your.. sanity? Fear? Because some areas are really dark and you need to light a torch to amplify your view. Though honestly so far I didn't see this "sanity/fear" factor anywhere, so is it really there in the first place?

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
I think is for your.. sanity? Fear? Because some areas are really dark and you need to light a torch to amplify your view. Though honestly so far I didn't see this "sanity/fear" factor anywhere, so is it really there in the first place?
I do not think I've reached these dark area. Thanks.

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
It would be nice if somebody posted how to get certain endings.
Escape ending is, but shouldn't be the same if I rescue Captain in time and recruit 2 other humans, then leave.
No one also told me that you have only 30min to save Captain before he dies.
The game wiki is a joke...

crabbee77

Jun 27, 2017
When I enter the Tower of Endless in the Ancient City, my screen goes black. It's the same effect that happens when you're blind. I can still play, and interact with objects, but I can no longer "see" the screen. Is this supposed to happen, and there's something I need to do to prevent this? Before doing this (and having to restart) I'm currently stuck on the puzzles in the city, switching back and forth in time with the Cube of the Depths. Also, if someone knows the order/poses of the mannequins needed to open the door in the Grand Library, I'd also appreciate it. I like this game quite a bit, and it would be a shame if I can't progress anymore and get a different ending. I plan on picking it up on steam when I have some cash; maybe that build is a bit more stable?

Edit: When I used the cube to be in the modern time, I was able to go towards the tower, so maybe the limitations (your character going blind) are only there when you're in the past. I also realized that the mannequins show some of the needed positions when they're posed in the past, so I can hopefully figure out that puzzle now.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
So, does anyone else think that the RNG on the coin-flip cheats?

I'm talking about 'save scumming'. I think it may keep track of how many times you have been 'lucky' in a row to ensure that if you are cheating by reloading each time you guess wrong then - after a few right flips - it fixes the result so you always lose.

Waiting the 1.1.1 version.:coffee:
This guy's link, and advice, worked.

If anyone interested a 1.1.1 version of the game
WARNING: Sadly this release have some IGGgames dll bullshit inside, and game wont start when i remove that dll.
As a quick fix you can just replace the current Game.exe with old Game.exe from topicstarter links. That will not affect on game content.

Reactions: blackant

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
Question on progress:
So I am in the Ma'havre city.
Did encounter the screen-blackout bug near Tower of Endless and countered it (You save right before entering the bugged location, use Ancient Book and pass the coin flip. Colors return then. Reentering location re-enables this bug). Bud then when I entered Ma'havre Square it was also dark (bug reproduces?)...
Did sap the souls of Enlighted god (in Library), Tormented Chambara (temple of blood) and had a long nap in Tower of Endless where I swore something to a pregnant bare-tits goddess (obtained Endless Soul).
What to do now? Wher do I go from here?
And do my decision to save the child of the goddess Nilvan affect my endings? What is the Heart of Darkness she was referring to? The bottomless pit near the dead god (referred to as the Green)?

crabbee77

Jun 27, 2017
Question on progress:
So I am in the Ma'havre city.
Did encounter the screen-blackout bug near Tower of Endless and countered it (You save right before entering the bugged location, use Ancient Book and pass the coin flip. Colors return then. Reentering location re-enables this bug). Bud then when I entered Ma'havre Square it was also dark (bug reproduces?)...
Did sap the souls of Enlighted god (in Library), Tormented Chambara (temple of blood) and had a long nap in Tower of Endless where I swore something to a pregnant bare-tits goddess (obtained Endless Soul).
What to do now? Wher do I go from here?
And do my decision to save the child of the goddess Nilvan affect my endings? What is the Heart of Darkness she was referring to? The bottomless pit near the dead god (referred to as the Green)?
Yeah, I've had multiple black screens of blindness off and on, and it seems the bug is just random when you're traveling in the city, especially the Tower area. I think it's a side effect of the time mechanic with the cube. Ah well, I managed to play through it. As for where you need to go: Now that you have all three souls, you can go back to the main door in the temple, and in the past, there's the golem guarding it. He will test you in combat, and then you can enter. You'll have access to the golden temple, and from there, you have different options on how you want to end the game. Francois is there, and you can fight him to unlock an ending. The last heart you need to destroy is also in the temple. Have you found the other two hearts? One was in the thicket, and the other was on level 7, right before Legarde. If you destroy all three, you can climb into the mouth of the god of the depths (which was in the mines, in the cave dweller village) and that's the last dungeon. I just got Ending A myself, which requires certain things. Feel free to ask again for clarification if you need it. Be warned; that last dungeon is brutal. I had to use a book of enlightenment in the area, so I could have a save point that was past half the traps.

Reactions: happybrother

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
So I've got the "You have earned three questions" bit of the new gods. But I have no idea what to ask. :/

crabbee77

Jun 27, 2017
So I've got the "You have earned three questions" bit of the new gods. But I have no idea what to ask. :/
This puzzled me too at first. I tried really obvious things, like Death and Science, but got nothing in response. It turns out that they need to be "subjects" related to the game. I personally recommend using "Girl". There are a few videos by a youtuber named Neco the Sergal, who's currently playing this, that really helped me. He's actually mentioned in the credits of this game, I guess he's been helping the developer out. In one of these videos, someone left a comment with a list of possible topics. I tried half of them, and they seem to work for the most part. Here's the comment:

First I'll tell you some of the things you can't ask:

All the main character names and titles, so no D'arce and no Knight. Most of the Old Gods, that includes Gro-goroth, Sylvian, Alll-Mer, and God of the Depths. Le'garde (and L'garde, the game spells it both ways, also Captain, his title) don't work. You can't seem to ask about almost all minor human characters too, such as Buckman and Leanne, perhaps they just don't matter enough for the New Gods to take interest in. You can't ask about the best weapons like Miasma and Sergal Spear nor other items. Lizardman, Cavegnome.

Now, for some of the topics I noticed you can ask and found interesting, I won't show the results here so you can have genuine reactions:

Valteil, New Gods, Girl, Pocketcat, The Moon, Nosramus.

Now for some of the stuff I found less interesting that also gets a valid response:

Nilvan, Francois, Chambara, Moonless, Cavemother, Guard, Crow Mauler, Rondon, Vinland, Oldegard, Mahabre (I've also seen it spelled Ma'habre and Mahavre in game).

The one thing I will say, is when I tried to use New Gods, it didn't work for me, so I wonder why he wrote that. Now that I'm watching a video about it, you need to make sure NOT TO CAPITALIZE THE SECOND WORD. That was my mistake. Also, something you can try is the word "You", and the gods letting you ask them questions will tell you a bit about themselves. I saved right before this, and tried different questions.

crabbee77

Jun 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I can add one to that list - you can ask about 'Love' but the answer isn't really very useful.
Apparently Neco the Sergal released a video in which he asked a bunch of questions to the gods, if you're interested. Seems it's important to not capitalize the second word:

It's nice to flesh out the lore with all these questions, but I wish you weren't limited to three.

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
Feel free to ask again for clarification if you need it
My questions:
-There is this Gaunlet where I fight 2 headed crow boss monster, but... that's it? I couldn't progress (I beat this boss), so I came back as I came, using the stairs.
And I had to fight the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bad ending. Bad show indeed.
-Of course, there is no way not to get this ending unless I
let her die?

And if it wasn't for you telling me the location of the Organ in the Thicket then I wouldn't find it ever. The mouth was closed with only 2 organs dead. Secret passage it was. Thank you.

-The battle with Francois (god of domination) is later, right?
The key I got from Francois's old-version,
You recieve a Red Scarf. What does it do? Wiki is quiet about it.

-Can I actually kill the marraige monster of two knights? The one struggling just to breathe?
-Why didn't I meet the Outlander barbarian dude more than once?
-Why are all insects cheering me up and giving me potions etc? I rejected King Cockoroach's deal.
-My character never got Shakespeare Soul or Crow Soul etc when defeated them and used Soul Stone on the corpses. Only got Butterfly Soul, and only because it was left there on the ground.

crabbee77

Jun 27, 2017
My questions:
-There is this Gaunlet where I fight 2 headed crow boss monster, but... that's it? I couldn't progress (I beat this boss), so I came back as I came, using the stairs.
And I had to fight the
Bad ending. Bad show indeed.
-Of course, there is no way not to get this ending unless I
let her die?

And if it wasn't for you telling me the location of the Organ in the Thicket then I wouldn't find it ever. The mouth was closed with only 2 organs dead. Secret passage it was. Thank you.

-The battle with Francois (god of domination) is later, right?
The key I got from Francois's old-version,
You recieve a Red Scarf. What does it do? Wiki is quiet about it.

-Can I actually kill the marraige monster of two knights? The one struggling just to breathe?
-Why didn't I meet the Outlander barbarian dude more than once?
-Why are all insects cheering me up and giving me potions etc? I rejected King Cockoroach's deal.
-My character never got Shakespeare Soul or Crow Soul etc when defeated them and used Soul Stone on the corpses. Only got Butterfly Soul, and only because it was left there on the ground.
You fought the two headed Crow Mauler?! Yeesh... I just made sure I tried to avoid falling in the holes, by skirting around the edges and praying I didn't get dumped in the gauntlet. I got lucky. Having a save in the dungeon itself thanks to a book of enlightenment also helped.

Currently in the game, are Endings S, and A through E. You can only get S by beating hard mode apparently, and that's not something I think I'm going to try myself (no saves!). The ending you got (A) is probably the "best" ending, or at least the true one.

As for Francois, he was in the Golden Temple. You needed to go back to it in the past, and he is in one of those chambers there, either the one you find the key in or the one with the Organ (I can't remember off the top of my head). Then,
That's how you unlock ending D.

Ending E is very easy to get, just leave the temple (exit the way you came) after finding Legarde,

Ending B is achieved by going through the last dungeon like you did, but

Ending C is the one I'm currently working on. You need to get to Legarde

I'm actually surprised by the news about the key being used for the passageway. I always wondered about that door I couldn't open, but forgot to go investigate it. I believe all you can do with the Red Scarf is show it to the golem's past self. He comments on the fact that you'll have a glorious future battle. I haven't done any of this myself, but I saw it in a youtube video, and was wondering how I missed it. Allot of little things in this game just seem to be there to add more lore/story, which I appreciate.

I don't think you can kill the marriage monster, I just think it's flavor to wrap up the sad tale of those characters. They delved too deep. The insects help you because you have Mastery Over Insects. So, even if you didn't fully dedicate yourself to the God of the Depths and the Cockroach King, the ability is still useful from a game perspective. You should have met the Outlander a second time in the Thicket, if you fell to one of the floors (level five I think). He's standing in the upper left corner, past the Eastern Sword area if my memory serves. You can talk to him and recruit him there. Finally, all the souls from the enemies are just optional equipment you can make, if you have a soulstone to take it. There's nothing wrong with accidentally not getting them. You can always go back with a soulstone to their corpses and harvest it later if you're interested in that item.

In conclusion, you technically got the hardest ending to get already, although the one with Legarde is tough as well, considering
I'm still surprised you missed fighting Francois. I think that's the ending people usually get, if they don't know about the organs and the mouth. Enjoy the game; I finally managed to snag a copy on steam, and am replaying it there at the moment.

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
You fought the two headed Crow Mauler?! Yeesh... I just made sure I tried to avoid falling in the holes, by skirting around the edges and praying I didn't get dumped in the gauntlet. I got lucky. Having a save in the dungeon itself thanks to a book of enlightenment also helped. (...)
How to encounter White Angel? And where?

The S Ending (aka Sadistic) is like an A ending, but on Hard Mode?

crabbee77

Jun 27, 2017
How to encounter White Angel? And where?

The S Ending (aka Sadistic) is like an A ending, but on Hard Mode?
You encounter the White Angels after you fight Chambara the Tormented One (the skinless corpse boss who you fight in the blood pool). Those winged enemies hanging by chains on the walls in the back alleys are the White Angels. Once that boss was defeated, they should have been freed, wandering around (in the past). You can use a soul stone on them to get their soul item, which equips to give a party member the Fast Attack skill. It's rather useful.

I know nothing about the S Ending, I'm afraid. Sadistic is probably an accurate statement. When I inquired about it in the Steam Community Discussion Forums, the answers I got were pretty vague.

By the way, for general info, I use this website. Hopefully it can answer some of your questions. It certainly helped me:

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
It would be nice if somebody posted how to get certain endings.
Escape ending is, but shouldn't be the same if I rescue Captain in time and recruit 2 other humans, then leave.
No one also told me that you have only 30min to save Captain before he dies.
The game wiki is a joke...
Captain has 30 mins timer limit to save him, and game wiki is a fandom it was created by fans also doing marriage after sylvian death always results in game end

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
Captain has 30 mins timer limit to save him, and game wiki is a fandom it was created by fans also doing marriage after sylvian death always results in game end
I must add that Captain legrande will always be dead on Hard Mode... as you can't recruit anybody on hardmode (minus Necromancy). I wasted time trying to get Ending C with him on hardmode. Wasted time.
Wiki is .... somewhat lacking in content. Ending S anybody?

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes