Lance Boyle

Aug 22, 2017
I've been following a long time, and I think it's incompetence or lack of focus rather than malfeasance. Hanlon's Razer.

I do fail to understand why anyone would still be supporting the project, but folks are free to spend their money how they see fit.

Oct 18, 2017
I've been following a long time, and I think it's incompetence or lack of focus rather than malfeasance. Hanlon's Razer.

I do fail to understand why anyone would still be supporting the project, but folks are free to spend their money how they see fit.
I've been reading patreon updates for a while too, and to me it sounds like a mixture of lack of focus and a bit of self loathing. It feels like he writes a scene, or a couple of scenes for an update, and hates how it comes out, so he hyper focuses on it for months before deciding the best way to fix it is by focusing on something else.

Reactions: menatv

boobthief

May 25, 2017
are the patreon victims just stingy or has he fled the jurisdiction?
I doubt there are many Patreon fans of the game even reading this thread any more because so many of the posts are insulting, bitter, and toxic.

On the vast majority of threads I've read on F95 people are not offensive to developers who release content and are grateful to Patreon fans. Here, it's like the mirror universe!

But I wish you luck with your approach of insulting the people you want to give you something twice then mocking the developer they pay to support to motivate them to give you the game. Good luck, buddy!

Atlas

Aug 5, 2016
The problem is that we have a tech demo and not an interactive story. Sure it is cool to have paper dolls and simulate the main characters sexual history and school experience, but that is not the same as an interactive story where the main character has to work undercover in a brothel and see how far she is willing to go to succeed in her mission. The point of this genre is to put a female protagonist in a compromising position and see if she is willing to literally prostitute herself to get what she wants.

What this game needs is a story outline and the description of the primary game-play loop to show that the creator at least has a goal they are working towards.

My biggest fear is that none of the effort put into the prologue actually sets the stage for telling the rest of the story.

leotort

Jan 20, 2018
Just played 1.13 since we supposedly finally get Bangkok after having not played for a long while. Where the hell are the training missions?

Am I to believe that this game is not only going slow but progressing backwards? We're losing content?

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
That's been a lot of our criticism of this game. Instead of moving forward, the progress seems to be going backward.

And taking out more content each time. Still don't understand why he has as many patreons as he does.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
It's almost a good update. Almost because once again for no reason Crush has once again taken content out of the release. He was THIS close to actually making an okay thing after so much disappointment. Between dev notes (why the fuck am I seeing notes left for the people you work with ?) and all the other stuff... Yet another disappointing update. And we were finally in fucking Bangkok too

okfairenough

Mar 1, 2020
I'm very happy with this update. The agent actually goes to Bangkok and does stuff, I was able to get a good hour to hour and half worth of gameplay out of this update.

My one gripe is that there are a lot of situations that are teased that end up going nowhere. For example, meeting the old guy at the bar, jumping into the pool with the two agents in underwear or partying with those 6 guys late at night. You hope something ends up happening, but no, the scene suddenly ends because our agent has an early morning meeting.

I don't really mind the dev notes, those are kinda funny.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019
It's almost a good update. Almost because once again for no reason Crush has once again taken content out of the release. He was THIS close to actually making an okay thing after so much disappointment. Between dev notes (why the fuck am I seeing notes left for the people you work with ?) and all the other stuff... Yet another disappointing update. And we were finally in fucking Bangkok too
I thought about this too, but I realized it's a genius move from him.

Everyone that has ever done any coding knows that it takes significantly more effort to take existing and functional code out of a system than to simply add more. So why did he, once again, take previous stuff out?

Well, it's simple: He's setting himself for a release cycle where he can say "It will take 3 months to put all the parts together!" and milk more from patreon for something that could've been prevented in the first place

Rixen

Jun 3, 2017
I thought about this too, but I realized it's a genius move from him.

Everyone that has ever done any coding knows that it takes significantly more effort to take existing and functional code out of a system than to simply add more. So why did he, once again, take previous stuff out?

Well, it's simple: He's setting himself for a release cycle where he can say "It will take 3 months to put all the parts together!" and milk more from patreon for something that could've been prevented in the first place
I called it too, I'm sure there will be another reboot to put the Lifepath back in.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
At least he doesn't lie about redoing the scenes multiple times, there are a couple scenes hidden in the code that are very similar to the one with Connor released in this update.

Reactions: boobthief

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Just played 1.13 since we supposedly finally get Bangkok after having not played for a long while. Where the hell are the training missions?

Am I to believe that this game is not only going slow but progressing backwards? We're losing content?
The training missions (and life story) haven't been converted to the new graphics engine.

I'm just happy to see the Crush has broken his Bangkok cherry. This was a pretty decent update, even though 4 years later than planned.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes