boobthief

May 25, 2017
And yet you wrote this in another dev's thread:
I enjoy the fact that you had to go back and read about 60 posts to April 2020 to quote this about a game that didn't update in six months =)

Excuse me if I don't go through your 1369 posts to see if you ever said anything negative. Instead, I'll just say: I like your name!

boobthief

May 25, 2017
I'm very happy with this update. The agent actually goes to Bangkok and does stuff, I was able to get a good hour to hour and half worth of gameplay out of this update.

My one gripe is that there are a lot of situations that are teased that end up going nowhere. For example, meeting the old guy at the bar, jumping into the pool with the two agents in underwear or partying with those 6 guys late at night. You hope something ends up happening, but no, the scene suddenly ends because our agent has an early morning meeting.

I don't really mind the dev notes, those are kinda funny.
Yeah I really thought the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thing would go somewhere. Maybe some scenes get fleshed out fnarr fnarr in the full release. Plenty of plot threads sown, like the

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I enjoy the fact that you had to go back and read about 60 posts to April 2020 to quote this about a game that didn't update in six months =)

Excuse me if I don't go through your 1369 posts to see if you ever said anything negative. Instead, I'll just say: I like your name!
And yet you wrote this:

After 1369th post, I told myself "that's enough posting, no one can find any dirt on you anymore." And looks like it's working. :unsure:

About the name, it took me a whole month to find that name, you can't even guess the complexity it requires to create something new. I edited the name 6 times, then send it to my spellchecker who BTW is an amazing talented gal. She told me to remove some letters, then another rewriting, spellchecking, etc... But the result was reassuring. Still I needed another two weeks to be sure that everything is flawless...

Oh look at me babbling, you already know the story, enough with the off topic, let's enjoy the mil... I mean the game.

belallo

Dec 17, 2019
I thought that was a good update, very substantial. Surprised it was as much of a WiP as it was (shout out to TK, hardest working man in FA). I think once Crush nails the writing, the next thing he should figure out is meaningful choice. 90% of choices are pointless decisions between saying 'hey' or 'yeah' with no impact on either the situation or your stats. Screwing up or protesting sexual action rewards you with more scenes (and more interesting scenes) than wanting sex or successfully having it. It prevents it from being a really great game.

once again for no reason Crush has once again taken content out of the release.
He said back in June that this update would jump right into Bangkok so people didn't have to play out the life path for the billionth time. Although that does suggest everything in the life path is inconsequential to what happens in Bangkok and the only relevant stats are in the character creator, which is... interesting.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Here, for those that still believe in this guy I'll make a guess on what his schedule will likely be:
  • Work (again) on the Scotland missions to link it to the rest of the game: 4-6 months for a release (the real one, after he spend the usual 2 months polishing and adding expressions). Note that he will probably add less content than what was already in the game 2 years ago.
  • Work (again) on the Bangkok starting point to adapt it to the new content: 4 months, probably adding one single scene
  • Profit
Enjoy

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
He said back in June that this update would jump right into Bangkok so people didn't have to play out the life path for the billionth time. Although that does suggest everything in the life path is inconsequential to what happens in Bangkok and the only relevant stats are in the character creator, which is... interesting.
Literally just make a "jump" hyperlink at the start of the game. Those who want to go through all the lifepath can, those who don't won't have to. The stats from it are already not in use so the merge shouldn't even be that difficult.

Reactions: belallo

RestIn

Aug 15, 2017
So wait a second... we finally can go to Bangkok? And how many content was cut for this to happen?

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Most of the earlier life story was cut out. It's pretty much get recruited by whatever intelligence agency based on the country of choice of your character. Then essentially either do a side mission or go to Bangkok. So at least we get there this time.

Though before the actual mission starts, it pretty much ends. Wouldn't surprised me if the agent had to meet people and/or do that wet T-shirt contest thing from previous versions as part of that "mission".

Oh well, at least we can say we arrived at Bangkok.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Here, for those that still believe in this guy I'll make a guess on what his schedule will likely be:
  • Work (again) on the Scotland missions to link it to the rest of the game: 4-6 months for a release (the real one, after he spend the usual 2 months polishing and adding expressions). Note that he will probably add less content than what was already in the game 2 years ago.
  • Work (again) on the Bangkok starting point to adapt it to the new content: 4 months, probably adding one single scene
What do you think should be next? I knew what this update overall structure was going to be, but not the detail. I have no idea what Crush plans next. But I would say options would be:
1. Put some of the Scotland missions into Bangkok (pick an ugly guy, wet T-shirt, groped by club bouncers, casting couch)
2. Try and integrate some of the Lifepath - Only way I can see it done is via an interview - you pick your traits, and recount some of your antics in getting that trait. E.g. So you say you are sexually experienced, care to explain? Well it first started with xyz (eg BJ scene)

Building the Lifepath again, or Scotland would seem time dumps to me, as all the content afterwards would need to be updated.

Reactions: Lawagod

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
What do you think should be next? I knew what this update overall structure was going to be, but not the detail. I have no idea what Crush plans next. But I would say options would be:
1. Put some of the Scotland missions into Bangkok (pick an ugly guy, wet T-shirt, groped by club bouncers, casting couch)
2. Try and integrate some of the Lifepath - Only way I can see it done is via an interview - you pick your traits, and recount some of your antics in getting that trait. E.g. So you say you are sexually experienced, care to explain? Well it first started with xyz (eg BJ scene)

Building the Lifepath again, or Scotland would seem time dumps to me, as all the content afterwards would need to be updated.
Mwanted was just trolling. He's not thinking of what would be good for the game, just what would be useful in his campaign to crap on the author because reasons.

I think that Crush should continue the bangkok story until at least the point where the Femaale Agent realizes that she is going to have to become a bar girl to get enough access to the baddy to positively identify him (I reckon there will be at least one mistaken-identity snatch by the JTF). Then, when Crush is building the lifepath and training missions, he knows (and the players know) what traits for the MC will be needed to support a given playing style. No sense building the engine to handle the inputs when you don't know how the outputs will be used.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Because becoming a hooker is not bad enough. :ROFLMAO:
She's starting as a topless bartender (originally a stripper, but probably scaled back to allow for some progression/corruption). "Bar girl" is a euphemism for prostitute.

wdf

Nov 30, 2018
Apologies. Long time lurker. Hope I did this right.
Tyvm champ

Great to see the agent finally arrive at bangkok. I hope theres more to come with the landlady's son and friend. That short convo with noodle saying he's 18 sounds a bit too coincidental. Maybe him or his friend will find some dirt on our agent and convince her to "hang out" with them :sneaky:.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Mwanted was just trolling. He's not thinking of what would be good for the game, just what would be useful in his campaign to crap on the author because reasons.

And other stuff
I'd say Mwanted is more on the sarcasm front than trolling, I was aware ;) But interesting to know that you think the Lifepath and training missions should go back in. To add in the 1.6 style Lifepath and training missions would be the easiest option for Crush as it is half written, but that could easily eat up another year. Would it be better to build the other Lifepath (1.11?) as a separate corruption game?

boobthief

May 25, 2017
I'd say Mwanted is more on the sarcasm front than trolling, I was aware ;) But interesting to know that you think the Lifepath and training missions should go back in. To add in the 1.6 style Lifepath and training missions would be the easiest option for Crush as it is half written, but that could easily eat up another year. Would it be better to build the other Lifepath (1.11?) as a separate corruption game?
The life path stuff from the school and gap year updates still exists in the code in the latest update but they don't yet have the content that joins up to Bangkok. Dev took the decision to jump to Bangkok (with the intention of returning to the earlier stuff later) because this is the main mission for the game that fans want to play.

It is technically possible to play the previous scenes in this update but the stages depend on all the choices you make (i.e. setting all the variables) so you really need to do a full playthrough, which I wouldn't want to have to do to get to the new content in Bangkok. The best way to play the earlier stages content is with one of those .

Other people commenting on the dev notes: this is the Early Access release not the finished public release so it's not supposed to be complete. Although, I haven't seen any bugs personally, which was nice.

Personally, I hope Crush forges ahead with the Thailand content because it's looking great in the new UI!

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah you got it right I was being sarcastic, but to be totally honest what I wrote is in line with the trend and story of this game.
I don't have to make up anything: the actual state of the game and the *time* (FOUR years) and *investment* (lul) it took to get there speak for themselves.
But hey, everyone is free to keep believing in this guy ;)

Reactions: Product Placement
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes