Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
What do you think should be next? I knew what this update overall structure was going to be, but not the detail. I have no idea what Crush plans next. But I would say options would be:
1. Put some of the Scotland missions into Bangkok (pick an ugly guy, wet T-shirt, groped by club bouncers, casting couch)
2. Try and integrate some of the Lifepath - Only way I can see it done is via an interview - you pick your traits, and recount some of your antics in getting that trait. E.g. So you say you are sexually experienced, care to explain? Well it first started with xyz (eg BJ scene)

Building the Lifepath again, or Scotland would seem time dumps to me, as all the content afterwards would need to be updated.
Your first and largest mistake is thinking that Crush have a plan for moving forward... if past four years showed us anything is that he doesn't don't have a plan. So what he'll most likely do is waste more time on something completely irrelevant.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I believe in the guy who's been living rent-free in Mwanted's head for four years. It's impressive, even if his developer skills are not so much.
Yeah, the usual 'but it's free!' argument (duh) when no other argument is possible. Except I supported it for about a year, in its early days.
But hey, as I've said it's your head..you're free to let him do his things inside of it :D
(I think right now he's taking a piss :oops:)

leotort

Jan 20, 2018
Honestly at this point probably don't even bother putting the lifepath and Scotland stuff back in, since it apparently has no bearing on what happens in Bangkok.

Nov 15, 2020
I'm very happy with this update. The agent actually goes to Bangkok and does stuff, I was able to get a good hour to hour and half worth of gameplay out of this update.

My one gripe is that there are a lot of situations that are teased that end up going nowhere. For example, meeting the old guy at the bar, jumping into the pool with the two agents in underwear or partying with those 6 guys late at night. You hope something ends up happening, but no, the scene suddenly ends because our agent has an early morning meeting.
Yeah I really thought the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thing would go somewhere. Maybe some scenes get fleshed out fnarr fnarr in the full release. Plenty of plot threads sown, like the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I thought that was a good update, very substantial. Surprised it was as much of a WiP as it was (shout out to TK, hardest working man in FA). I think once Crush nails the writing, the next thing he should figure out is meaningful choice. 90% of choices are pointless decisions between saying 'hey' or 'yeah' with no impact on either the situation or your stats. Screwing up or protesting sexual action rewards you with more scenes (and more interesting scenes) than wanting sex or successfully having it. It prevents it from being a really great game.
It's nice to see others in this thread who enjoys the game even though there are issues with the development. I also think this overall was a positive update. I'd like more meaningful choices as well, and ideally such a long update would include more than one sex scene, but I'd expect that to change gradually as the mission develops.

Personally I think it's OK that the teased situations didn't go any further, as long as it's an intentional part of the development of her character. If I was given the choice to sleep with the bachelor from the stag night, I'd probably do it; if I was given the choice to join the old man from the bar in his hotel room, I'd probably do it as well, and so on. But maybe it's for the best that we're prevented from making these choices at this point of the story? If Kate doesn't have any issues with voluntarily sleeping with a fat, old dude even before her mission starts, a lot of the choices she'll have to make would feel less interesting.

I could see similar scenarios playing out later on, where her possible reactions are influenced by her experiences during the mission. If a similar old dude approaches her in a few months, she'd realistically have several more ways to react. She could shut him down, maybe even lose her temper with him, because her view on sex has changed because of the uncomfortable things she's had to do; she could decide to sleep with him because it's simply less of a big deal for her at this point; she could do it to regain control of her situation, by actually choosing to sleep with someone of her own free will; or she could do it in an attempt to experience some sort of intimacy after all those transactional sexual experiences at the club.

If Crush's intentions with the teasing scenes are something along those lines (which is only guessing at this point, admittedly), I think they are well executed as they are.

Also I thought the one sex scene was really well written. Most Bangkok sex scenes will have to balance being dark and slightly uncomfortable with still being hot and not too uncomfortable, and I think the first scene indicates that he's got the skills to master that. Kate had her limits challenged and had no other choice than to sleep with him for the mission to go on, but it still felt hot, and she had the chance to keep a certain control of the situation. I think the scene overall also hints at more future content with him, where she could decide to have sex with him either because she feels like she's got no choice, because it could give her some sort of benefit in the mission or in her day to day life in Bangkok, or simply because she'd enjoy it.

afc2112

Jan 4, 2018
Well, I'm glad we finally saw some progress...But man, this game has so much potential in its premise and development length but it's not quite able to reach it with this dev based on what he's shown so far (which isn't much).

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I also enjoy the game. It has a lot of upside and I generally like the content. It was just the never ending rewriting that was annoying. So far I am happy. What I could do without is all the clothing options. I don't really see the point, even though it looks nice. Do scenes change upon your choice of outfit? If not, why make us chose?

Other than that, I did enjoy the update. You can certainly critisize the man for his previous shortcomings, but this was a decent step into the right direction.

Apr 3, 2019
Weirdly enough, this might be the first time there's actual feedback on the patreon post (and not just "Keep going hun you're the best!):

1632291609006.png

Will he change anything based on that feedback? Of course not! He always ignores feedback anyway

Reactions: Tallyhoe

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Will he change anything based on that feedback? Of course not! He always ignores feedback anyway
Possibly, but a big decision. This game has split supporters in the 'customisation', 'sandbox/open world', 'spy linear novel' and 'lifepath' camps. You can't please them all, but an alpha can tease a lot of these elements. Pushing forwards at current direction will make a number loose interest, going back to old stuff will irritate some.

Dev took the decision to jump to Bangkok (with the intention of returning to the earlier stuff later) because this is the main mission for the game that fans want to play.
Now the problem here is re-integrating the Lifepath due to the following problems; more nationalities in the later version, UK Lifepath half complete and more customisation options in the earlier game. Then the Lifepath for it to add value will influence the mission events. Re-adding the Lifepath will take years at current development speeds, and will become harder with the more progress in Bangkok. Worth noting that the new Lifepath is a deluxe version of the 1.6 all nationality Lifepath which took at least a year to build, possibly more. Sex XP system can be a ticking time bomb as well, due to the potential range of variables (eg super slutty playthrough, over a nervous agent).

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
While I do see the point that adding previous content back in and therefore having to rewrite the current content in order for it to have some impact, I can't fault him for giving us Bangkok. Everyone was asking for it.

I think he should tie both parts of the game together rather sooner than later, or it will become even harder for it to change outcomes and such, but if he does that, won't people rant about no new content again?

I also agree that so far I don't really see the point in the dice rolling or the XP system in the first place. Nothing seems to change no matter what number you roll. The mechanics are there, but I still don't know what they do. I mean, if it is supposed to be an RPG, stats should matter and depending on your stats you should be able to take a different approach on different situations. With the story being rather linear none of that comes into play. Sex XP made sense, when you were supposed to be a prostitute. More XP = happier clients = more money. What about the kinks? If my agent is not a exhibitionist, why would she work at a topless bar or strip in front of a guy to begin with? Shouldn't there be some push back and alternative outcome? In the previous version she gave blowjobs to three of her friends and none of them wanted to go further. Would have made a great climactic point to develop a kink. Maybe becoming promiscuitive by willingly fuck those guy. Maybe be forced by them and become more submissive. Maybe fight back and kick their asses to become more unwilling. Something like that.

To be honest, the barkeeping job would have made a nice alternative to the prosititute path rather than a straight out replacement. Depending on your stats and kinks.

I can't even begin to think of an idea how the college stuff and possible outcomes could fit into the current narrative and actually be relevant. Sure, if you were the college slut, it kind of makes sense. If not, the agent should probably abort the mission after getting raped by the first guy she met in Bangkok.

In the current update I was hoping for some drunken party scene or abuse by chosing to stay the night out, but nothing of the sort happened. I still have to chose the other option, but instead I got to chose between different kind of streetfood. Okay. Nice, but these are not the kind of choices players expect. It seems like you get these small events to simulate a freedom of choice, but the actual story is locked in, no mather what you do.

The update was a step forward none the less. Does he have an idea what he wants do do going forward? I don't know. He claims that he wants to plan ahead before writing it. However my feeling is that there is no final version of what the story should look like in the end. You can add side quests and such things anytime with future updates, but in order to so you need to know what story you want to tell. It doesn't have to be in the game at this point, but only if you know where you want to take the story, you can then sidetrack the story.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The problem with the game as it currently exists goes beyond the lack of choices, it includes the fact that there are no consequences to choices, and so no internal conflict in our MC. What does she lose to acquire, say, the exhibitionist trait? If she loses nothing, then why would she not just get it? Why not just fuck everyone?

The stat the game needs is something like "resilience," defined as the ongoing determination to continue the mission despite experiencing trauma. I'd make resilience equal to self-esteem minus trauma. Self-esteem would be a product of the lifepath, with some paths giving more self-esteem than others. Kinks would also be a product of the lifepath, with kinks being acquired by decisions the MC makes... but those decisions also permanently lower self-esteem. The reason to trade away self-esteem for kinks is that kinks reduce the trauma of undertaking specific traumatic actions, like stripping. An exhibitionist will suffer less trauma when stripping than a non-exhibitionist, and so, even though her self-esteem is lower to start with, less trauma yields a higher resilience. When resilience is zero, maybe the game ends or maybe the MC has to use drugs or alcohol to reduce trauma temporarily (leading to addiction if repeated).

This would give the player tradeoffs, both in the lifepath and the main game. Upgrading from bartender to bar girl might get the MC more information, but might be more traumatic than that character build can easily survive without becoming a druggie. OTOH, having a character able to perform more sexually will mean less self-esteem and less able to withstand the impact of random events (or one-offs like the sex demands in the 0.13 version).

That's the key to games: interesting decisions.

Apr 3, 2019
Possibly, but a big decision. This game has split supporters in the 'customisation', 'sandbox/open world', 'spy linear novel' and 'lifepath' camps. You can't please them all, but an alpha can tease a lot of these elements. Pushing forwards at current direction will make a number loose interest, going back to old stuff will irritate some.
That's by design, isn't it? Whether it's by some ulterior motive or simply because of lack of resources (and I'm including "expertise and knowledge" as a resource), Crushstation has basically never said "no, the game will be much simpler than that". He's always been like "Yeah the game will be an RPG, with plenty of choices, and many scenes, and so many options for everything, and a fantastic avatar, and also open world, but also has linear scenes, oh and an origin story that matters in the later parts...yes, it will have everything, I promise! I'm just working on it!"

The closest he has ever done to say "no" has been "Yeah we can't really support nationalities or ethnicities *right now* but it will be added later on, just wait with us!"

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
The closest he has ever done to say "no" has been "Yeah we can't really support nationalities or ethnicities *right now* but it will be added later on, just wait with us!"
That is something I never understood. The game should be the same thing for every backbround once you've reached Scotland. Other than inserting names and places for the different backgrounds what other work is there? With a new artist taking care of the avatar stuff, why is changing the colour of the skin an issue? It's not like the game adresses skin colour all the time. Not even once, If I am not mistaken.

That should be something that can be implemented quite easily, I'd say. I am not saying that this should be at the top of the list, but it seems to be "content" that some/many people want without expecting it to have much impact on the game itself. It seems that this could be something you can get out of the way rather easily and sell as "content".

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Recent posts touch upon why I laugh at everything associated with this game. If you look at the top-earning adult games, almost every one is something to be proud of in some way. Fashion Business, Seeds of Chaos, Lilith's Throne, etc. have redeeming qualities as games. Even Accidental Woman, which I also laugh at, has something going on that can make it worth playing. Not Female Agent though. It stands out as still something much less than a game, but it makes money. That is why I find it interesting enough to revisit and laugh at--while learning from it. It is a lesson in marketing, but never in game design.

Reactions: Nemo8526

leotort

Jan 20, 2018
That is something I never understood. The game should be the same thing for every backbround once you've reached Scotland. Other than inserting names and places for the different backgrounds what other work is there? With a new artist taking care of the avatar stuff, why is changing the colour of the skin an issue? It's not like the game adresses skin colour all the time. Not even once, If I am not mistaken.

That should be something that can be implemented quite easily, I'd say. I am not saying that this should be at the top of the list, but it seems to be "content" that some/many people want without expecting it to have much impact on the game itself. It seems that this could be something you can get out of the way rather easily and sell as "content".
It especially didn't make a lot of sense back when they were making like thousands of different images of all combinations of features and clothes. I remember pointing that out as stupid I think a year ago, and that they should be doing it with programming so valuable development time isn't spent just making avatars.

Like they spent inordinate amounts of time on the avatars but apparently darkening the skin was a bridge too far.

Reactions: BleepRose
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes