Vengeance_11

May 14, 2019
And what's the problem with releasing it in two parts, thus giving us a chance to play some of it earlier? How is that of all things a proof of poor time management?
Having to delay all or part of something is literally the definition of poor time management.

For how little content there is in each update (and I can’t stress that point enough), there’s no excuse for it to take so long to release updates, never mind splitting them into even smaller chunks.

4 months of “I’m making great progress”, only for him to deliver half an update with some bizarre story about his massive blue balls making it difficult for him to chase a runaway dog?

Of all the pity posts he makes to excuse his incompetence, that’s the stupidest one yet.

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
Having to delay all or part of something is literally the definition of poor time management.

For how little content there is in each update (and I can’t stress that point enough), there’s no excuse for it to take so long to release updates, never mind splitting them into even smaller chunks.

4 months of “I’m making great progress”, only for him to deliver half an update with some bizarre story about his massive blue balls making it difficult for him to chase a runaway dog?

Of all the pity posts he makes to excuse his incompetence, that’s the stupidest one yet.
But nothing has been delayed. No release date was given before the decision to split the update in two parts. If you're looking for something to legitimately criticize in that post and the release schedule, one could've pointed to how the time before the first early access and between the general release and the second early access equals four weeks, while the previous Patreon post mentioned three weeks to complete the writing—and that a total of four weeks to polish the early access versions into general releases seems exaggerated. (See, I did the job the poster I was replying to could have done.)

But claiming that the update was split in five parts when the second sentence in the screenshot you're posting explains that it wasn't; that's just another example of how people try to find something to ridicule about every. single. thing. Crush communicates to his followers.

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
If this was made into an erotic spy-thriller novel, the writing's probably good enough to be a best seller.
Having it be more streamlined with a single story/choice path would also ease up on Crush's workload/months of storyboarding, delivering on a solid, coherent product in a shorter time.

I can see it work as a lil' 300 page book

- Ch. 1 - Introduction - Childhood, College, Sexual exploration and academic achievement
- Ch. 2 - Recruitment, training, (hypno?)
- Ch. 3 - First mission: Dubai
- Ch. 4 - Bangkok, first nights, bar job, recon
- Ch. 5 - Bangkok, first contact, infiltrating seedy underground crime scene

Maybe even start the story in media res, Bangkok, and intercut it with flashbacks to the MCs childhood and agency training between chapters

Apr 3, 2019
Having it be more streamlined with a single story/choice path would also ease up on Crush's workload/months of storyboarding, delivering on a solid, coherent product in a shorter time.
But...it's already a single story/choice! There was a point to be made when the lifepath was a think, that there were pretty different branches (between the country of origin+how uni happened, there was a decent amount of variation).

But currently, the "choices" you get are either "Don't do this" leading to a Game Over or "Do this but in a slightly different way" that simply adds a bit of extra flavour text for a couple of slides.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
4 months of “I’m making great progress”, only for him to deliver half an update with some bizarre story about his massive blue balls making it difficult for him to chase a run
this is nothing new, it is his trade-mark
i don't believe it is about incompetence here. business as usual

Reactions: TheGuyverOne
Jan 25, 2018
If this was made into an erotic spy-thriller novel, the writing's probably good enough to be a best seller.

I can see it work as a lil' 300 page book

- Ch. 1 - Introduction - Childhood, College, Sexual exploration and academic achievement
- Ch. 2 - Recruitment, training, (hypno?)
- Ch. 3 - First mission: Dubai
- Ch. 4 - Bangkok, first nights, bar job, recon
- Ch. 5 - Bangkok, first contact, infiltrating seedy underground crime scene

Maybe even start the story in media res, Bangkok, and intercut it with flashbacks to the MCs childhood and agency training between chapters
Don't give him ideas to sidetrack to, we want the game done first :LOL:

afc2112

Jan 4, 2018
I know many people in the publishing industry, as well as a number of published authors. I don't see it.

He would just butt heads with the editor and never get it done...His writing style would need a lot of massaging/ editing and I don't think he'll take it well.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I know many people in the publishing industry, as well as a number of published authors. I don't see it.

He would just butt heads with the editor and never get it done...His writing style would need a lot of massaging/ editing and I don't think he'll take it well.
Unrelated but I have a pitch.
Its about this girl with basically no emotions and she has to pick between this ancient vampire who goes to her school for some reason and a werewolf that just takes his top off all the God damn time, to the point that you think he's just her confident gay friend or something because otherwise it'd be super uncomfortable.
Its called: Late evening just before the sun sets.

Let me know what you think.

Oct 25, 2017
At least it's been out of the limbo for a while now. And seemingly hitting (close to) their goals. That's good enough for a freeloader like me heh

Btw the new version is out on their discord.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KopretCZ

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Just saying, if I had to choose between hearing only 1) accurate praise, 2) inaccurate praise, 3) accurate critique, or 4) inaccurate critique, I would choose accurate critique. Nobody learns much from praise whether accurate or inaccurate, and it is quickly forgotten after the first word of critique is heard from anyone. Critique will always be louder than praise, due to human nature.

Somewhere, deep inside, we know that we learn better from mistakes even when we hate hearing about them, and accurate critique can point out mistakes that we had not noticed. Sure, nobody likes inaccurate critique, and everyone, everywhere, feels misunderstood. It takes some inner strength to ignore the inaccurate critiques to find and benefit from the accurate critique. It doesn't matter what I say about praise: it will be forgotten soon regardless of what I say.

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, I find it really hard to write. It never comes out as well as I want it to. Thanks for the supportive comments as usual F95, stay classy you guys
Some of the comments are shitty but what can you expect after five years of development that got content deleted from the game and only saw it get to Bangkok with just a few scenes available. Is blind praise the only acceptable thing?

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
The past is the past... I, for one, thank the Dev and enjoyed the new version. Do I wish the VN was finished already? Sure I do. But it isn't, and I cannot do much about it. Reading the many complaining posts on this thread just gets me down. There is so much in RL that needs changing, so I tend to choose my battles, perhaps more wisely? Keep it real.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes