ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
This is really irrelevant to the discussion, but does anyone know which engine this game is built on? It looks different compared to most other interactive games which are usually made on Twine.
It's Twine+Surgacube game (you can see it in the header of .html file) but just doesn't use the same base/visuals code 95% of them do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: notjamesbond69

Davkin

Aug 30, 2017
Here's the timeline:

- He'll spend 2023 writing the three optional side quests (White Russian, Big Mac, Boothbabe),
- 2024 getting to the point where MC becomes a bar girl,
- 2025-27 integrating the life path to the rest.
At least he's not fixing the body parts shade not consistent thing. That'll take another two years. And he might come up with a totally new avatar system at the end.

• Sad
Reactions: Pede rasta 1

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I am not exactly sure what it is that y'all complaining about now.

The life path was a huge chunk of content and people got upset that he abandoned it and pushed forward with Bangkok. Now he wants to bring both pieces of the puzzle together. What is wrong with that? Sure, if you don't care about the character backstory, this will be annoying, but a lot of players liked it and would like to have it back and in a meaningful way. I can't see anything wrong with it. Even if it means putting the main story on hold for a while. The earlier you bring it back, the better for the longterm future of the game. You can't just complete the entire game and then go back to square one, figuring out how to make decisions have an impact when everything else is already set and done.

My biggest issue would be that I don't see him utilizing all of the different mechanics that are in the game, but connecting the childhood days, college and training with Bangkok? That makes sense and is the right thing to do, if you want do bring it back at all. If not now, when?

I am still sceptical that he will never be able to pull off everything that he wants to do in terms of having a semi-open world with lots of sandboxy quests and stuff, but I think he is on the right track.

afc2112

Jan 4, 2018
Is it just me or is Crush going about this the hard way?

I really have my doubts about him being able to go back and create actual meaningful choices that offer different outcomes.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I fear this forum doesn't have a facepalm big enough. IIRC he's dropped half-done lifepath because people were increasingly annoyed the game wasn't getting anywhere near main quest. Now he's going to drop half-done main quest because people who can't let go of the most pointless character creator ever are apparently getting too annoyed they aren't getting their way. At this rate, guess what will happen another 1-2 years down the road of tinkering with the lifepath with no end in sight.

Finish one thing, then think of finishing the other. This way there's at least a minuscule chance some of it will actually get completed.
I think that you are reading far too much into this. There are no current plans to restart on the life path, just an intention to do so at some point (at least" does not mean "at most"). I have always argued on the Patreon and Discord (though didn't weigh in on the latest discussion) that the life path can't be redone until the quest plays out enough to see what skills the FA will actually use in the main quest. No sense developing a life path skill in, say, Russian language unless it is going to be used in Bangkok.

Before giving yourself headaches with all of those facepalms, wait for something genuine to complain about.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is it just me or is Crush going about this the hard way?

I really have my doubts about him being able to go back and create actual meaningful choices that offer different outcomes.
With as slow as Crush writes, adding a lot of paths now just invites an even slower development of the plot, esecially as the story portion being told right now isn't even part of the main quest.

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
The life path was a huge chunk of content and people got upset that he abandoned it and pushed forward with Bangkok. Now he wants to bring both pieces of the puzzle together. What is wrong with that? Sure, if you don't care about the character backstory, this will be annoying, but a lot of players liked it and would like to have it back and in a meaningful way. I can't see anything wrong with it
Can't speak for other players, but for me, the life path was always pointless. Why? Because the majority of things established there won't matter in the main game. Shape of your family? Who cares. Social status? Meaningless. Your curriculum and grades? Again no impact.

What's important is that our agent went through her spy training and was sexually adventurous in her youth. That's it. That's the starting point for all agents.

Sure, you could argue that if for example she was a cheerleader, she will have an easier time learning new dance moves. Or if she knows language x, so she will learn something, agent not knowing that language won't.

There is just one tiny problem with that. Either all those things have to be cosmetic, and have no impact on a main quest. You got +1 to dance roll, but you learn your moves either way. You don't know the language, but some other bar girl does, and she tells you what she heard. So, basically you want to delay development of a main quest for a few 'flavor' paragraphs here and there. Or you expect that Crush, guy who struggles with delivering linear updates in a timely manner, will suddenly be able to create diverse paths taking into account all the details established in the life path and finish the game in our lifetime.

In short, I have a problem with bringing life path back, because I would like to play finished product before 2030.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
I am not exactly sure what it is that y'all complaining about now.

The life path was a huge chunk of content and people got upset that he abandoned it and pushed forward with Bangkok. Now he wants to bring both pieces of the puzzle together. What is wrong with that? Sure, if you don't care about the character backstory, this will be annoying, but a lot of players liked it and would like to have it back and in a meaningful way. I can't see anything wrong with it. Even if it means putting the main story on hold for a while. The earlier you bring it back, the better for the longterm future of the game. You can't just complete the entire game and then go back to square one, figuring out how to make decisions have an impact when everything else is already set and done.

My biggest issue would be that I don't see him utilizing all of the different mechanics that are in the game, but connecting the childhood days, college and training with Bangkok? That makes sense and is the right thing to do, if you want do bring it back at all. If not now, when?

I am still sceptical that he will never be able to pull off everything that he wants to do in terms of having a semi-open world with lots of sandboxy quests and stuff, but I think he is on the right track.
I will start with this, I 100% agree with everything that Riven said and I will complete with:

Crush has a lot of ideas, but over the years I noticed that he is unable to turn those ideas into a final product. Sometime he adds stuff that is not important in the grand scale of things or adds stuff that is never completed. For example:
  • the current character creator
    • does the nationality of our character matter in any way? I would say it doesn't. Sure, there is a different paragraph somewhere if you are a Aussie or if you are from US. But that is not enough to replay the game, there is no point to try something different if 99.5% is exactly the same.
    • Is the character creator complete ? No, there was a previous version that offered more options in terms of skin color, tattoos, piercings, hair and so on.
  • life path
    • at one point the life path was done and he managed to get to the initial starting point of the game. Later he went back to rewrite everything. If he goes back again, I am sure that he will rewrite certain paragraphs and of course, after he is done with the life path, he has to rewrite everything from Bangkok.
  • from Bangkok
    • in the last update, he added the character portraits, but those are not available in the first part of the story
    • he added 4 ways of viewing the mission, the way you talk after the CIA has access to all the club's cameras. Those options where used once and later forgotten
    • he added a suspicious meter in the girls night out, which again, disappeared in this update and was not added in the older chapters
    • the relationship that you have with other character is not important
    • even the other skills bj, sex, etc don't change things too much
Anyway, the point that I want to make is: this is a linear story and I think it would be good if everyone will view it as such. It offers only the illusion of having a choice in what the agent does. Ok, fine, there are a few branches: the optional mission from Malaysia and the car BJ from the last update. The rest is the same. Which means that, if a few variables didn't changed the story until now, certainly adding a few hundred more won't change things in the future. If a small feature was not added to old content, just because it would take too much time, just image how long will it take to add life path. If a scene was "not hot enough" for a single branch of the story and that delayed the development with a few weeks, how long will it take to write two different scenes for separate branches?

If you want to see how real choices look like, give Our Red String a try.

This is just my two cents on the matter, maybe I am wrong.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
The life path was a huge chunk of content and people got upset that he abandoned it and pushed forward with Bangkok. Now he wants to bring both pieces of the puzzle together. What is wrong with that? Sure, if you don't care about the character backstory, this will be annoying, but a lot of players liked it and would like to have it back and in a meaningful way. I can't see anything wrong with it. Even if it means putting the main story on hold for a while. The earlier you bring it back, the better for the longterm future of the game.
There will be a lot of work integrating the Lifepath into the current game. More than what was mentioned in Crush's update, probably better just using the Lifepath in a different game. The 1.6.3 version of the Lifepath broke the game in my view due the sheer number of outcomes (chaste to a cheating deviant nymphomaniac)

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I agree that it is a lot of work and I have stated myself that there are way too may mechanics in the game that are pointless. I am not denying any of this.

However, Crush thinks that the Lifepath adds something to the game. Whether you or I agree with it, doesn't matter. If he as the developer wants to have it in the game, that's the way it is and the earlier he integrates it, the better. I can fully understand why some people are against it. I understand the reasoning, but if he believes it would add something, better to do it now and build from there rather than finishing the main story and go back to the beginning. Heck, just a few pages ago, I mentioned that it might be a better way to adress the Lifepath the way he did it in this update. By having conversations with other characters or flashbacks. I kind of liked that. Of course, you are still left with the problem that all of the choices need to have a meaning.

I am sceptical as well when it comes to the overall picture of the game and his ability to turn ideas into actions, but I can't fault him for having ideas and I can't fault him for providing content.

See, this is my issue. I don't mind him (or any other dev) providing content that isn't for me as long as they're producing content. He has a poor track record when it comes to that and we all know it. It's become a running joke. However, the last update came rather quick after the previous one and he is already working on the next one while giving the impression that he's planning ahead in terms of bringing back the Lifepath.

I can't fault him for that as long as he delivers regularly.

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
I agree that it is a lot of work and I have stated myself that there are way too may mechanics in the game that are pointless. I am not denying any of this.

However, Crush thinks that the Lifepath adds something to the game.
Which is precisely the same thing he thought when he was adding all those other mechanics we now perceive as pointless.

Whether you or I agree with it, doesn't matter.
Sadly, I'm well aware of it.
I can fully understand why some people are against it. I understand the reasoning, but if he believes it would add something, better to do it now and build from there rather than finishing the main story and go back to the beginning.
Hard disagree. If he finishes the main story, then we have more or less finished game. We can see how the story ends, even if we are sacrificing some minor details.
I am sceptical as well when it comes to the overall picture of the game and his ability to turn ideas into actions, but I can't fault him for having ideas and I can't fault him for providing content.
Nothing wrong with having ideas, as long as you can recognize which of them are feasible.
See, this is my issue. I don't mind him (or any other dev) providing content that isn't for me as long as they're producing content. He has a poor track record when it comes to that and we all know it. It's become a running joke. However, the last update came rather quick after the previous one and he is already working on the next one while giving the impression that he's planning ahead in terms of bringing back the Lifepath.
Three months for shortish linear update is not really quick. It might be quick for Crush, but if anything it should scare you. Imagine him adding branching where our heroine have sex with VIPs, or conversely they get too handsy, and she smashes the glass on one of them and bouncers have to intervene. Then we get consequences of that. This would probably triple development time for one branching scene.

Same way he was planning ahead with side quest episodes? :)

yurilover8

Dec 1, 2018
Yeah I'm gonna be honest that the developer of this game does too many useless things such as give the options of choosing your nationality or different ways to complete a task or the dice roll.

Bruh this is a sex game that people use to jack off, even the "character" portraits are never seen, you gotta click on it.

The only thing good about this game is the customizable model and you only see yours anyways.

The writing is too boring and not sex related enough. Pacing is super slow as well.

Not enough visuals as well. Overall this game needs a huge improvement, I doubt anyone would like the game were it not for the character model which looks pretty good. The piercings and tattoo options are great but limited. Also lack of skintone and hair color options as well.

Reactions: rez111

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
Hard disagree. If he finishes the main story, then we have more or less finished game. We can see how the story ends, even if we are sacrificing some minor details.
Again, I would disagree with that. Yes, from our point of view, it would be desirable. Why? Because we would get a version 1.0 and could move on. So would lots of his patreons. So I can fully understand why he wouldn't want to do that. After all, this isn't a professional studio that has a set budget and has to deliver in a given time frame. He gets his income on a monthly basis and is at the whim of his patreons. Why wouldn't he drag it out? I am not even talking about scamming or anything like that, but as long as people endorse his vision and his progress, he doesn't have to justify himself.

And like I said, I, too, am at odds with many of his decisions and I doub't he'll ever find a way to use all of the mechanics that have been introduced at some point, but then again, I am not the one paying him.

Do I think the game needs dice rolls or do they make sense? No.
Kinks/traits? Yes.
Skills? Probably not as there isn't really any way to gain XP to level them up.
Suspicions system? Could be, but that would require consequences and therefor lots of branching.
Like/dislike? See above.

I probably even missed something, but if he sorts out wich one of these he wants to keep and actually use them. Fine. If you do that by revisiting the Lifepath and therefor setup your character, even better.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Serious question: If you take away all player agency, rpg mechanics etc, and basically make this a kinetic novel (what the game currently is), and I agree, this is probably the only way this game will have at least some very minor progress, what is left then?

If you take all that away and make this a pretty standard slutification novel with a small spy mission thrown in now and then, is this something you all are interested in? I'm not trying to senselessly trash the game, but I'm seriously wondering. Sure, the writing is definitely above average (outside the sexy parts, I don't think the "game" is particularly sexy), but other than that, I really don't see the appeal of whatever is left of the initial premise.

Last edited:
Reactions: tejerk

jamiroq

May 2, 2019
My brother-in-fap, there is no player agency in female agent. It is a kinetic novel. Numerous users pointed it out, even on this page. The only thing decent about it, is the writing, which comes painfully slow and in comparison to creators on, say, literotica, isn't even that good. Which should be a good indication for all, at least, decent writers for how to use their talent: turn the secret erotic novel you keep in your hidden folder and just turn it into a kinetic novel run by twine or something. Everybody would be gain that way. Amateur writers with passion and a bit of talent could make extra money. Community on sites like this, would get a much richer spectrum of storytellers. And guys like dev of this 'game' would actually feel pressure to update SoonTm.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If you take all that away and make this a pretty standard slutification novel with a small spy mission thrown in now and then, is this something you all are interested in? I'm not trying to senselessly trash the game, but I'm seriously wondering.
Yes, personally i'd still find the premise and execution interesting enough i'd like to read the resulting story. Basically, i already do find the game in its current form interesting, so if that's how it goes to the end (i.e with minor choices which don't really matter all that much) that's fine with me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: berny

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Serious question: If you take away all player agency, rpg mechanics etc, and basically make this a kinetic novel (what the game currently is), and I agree, this is probably the only way this game will have at east some very minor progress, what is left then?

If you take all that away and make this a pretty standard slutification novel with a small spy mission thrown in now and then, is this something you all are interested in? I'm not trying to senselessly trash the game, but I'm seriously wondering. Sure, the writing is definitely above average (outside the sexy parts, I don't think this "game" is particularly sexy), but other than that, I really don't see the appeal of whatever is left of the initial premise.
I don't think anyone really wishes to take out certain mechanics from the game. But those mechanics should do something and adding more (by reintroducing life path) and not using them can be viewed as a waste of time, in a game where the story progresses at slower pace. In my opinion you could achieve a far better game if you use what you already have and create some narrative branches based on that. For example:

You can start with two main ways of playing the agent. The perfect agent path - an agent that is very good at being a spy and knows how to use every tools that she has, from physical spy tools to sex appeal, in order to get the mission done, while avoiding sex as much as possible. The novice agent - an agent that is not too good in the field, she has to compensate by extracting as much information as possible after sex.

The first scene with Conner could look a lot different. The CIA is not stupid, it knows that they need to infiltrate someone in the club and the best way of achieving this is by creating demand. They somehow made a current bottle girl leave the club. Now Conner needs to find someone to replace her, which means that he doesn't hold all the power during the casting scene. Let the agent choose how she wants to move forward. Will she refuse Conner completely? will she play hard to get and attempt to befriend Conner (the boss) by offering a BJ and letting him want more? Or maybe she will let Conner fuck her, because she is afraid that there is no other option. Out of this 3 option, the agent that went on path B could end up keeping her job as a bargirl just because Conner wants her all for himself. Making her a bargirl would mean that he looses her.

Split the birlgirls in two groups: some girls that enjoy their lifestyle and the fact that it is easy for them to make money and other that don't, but know how to handle the clients in some other ways. They can look only for generous customers and lie that they want to marry them, or just seduce them just by dancing, or doing softcore stuff. If you are a really good friend with some girl, you can turn her into an asset. If you are not, maybe she will try to compromise you and you need to take care of her, sabotage her job. If you proved that you are a good agent, the CIA could offer you a certain budget. You can use those money to pretend that you went out to an outcall: CIA could fake call Miss forgot her name and ask for you. You leave the club for an hour and later return with the money. Is this good fap material, no. But at least you'll have a choice. That combined with the fact that a birgirl will have an easier job to get information about the Develfish vs one that sticks to the bottle girl position and has to do more spy missions in order to get the same information. Each spy mission should also be harder and harder. One mistake and the Thai Organize Crime will catch you and the story will end.

So I don't know, I think you can create a story without knowing if your first part time job from high school was in a restaurant or in pizza hut.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes