Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
They're just stating their own opinion, much like the person who claimed the opposite.
True, but stating that the parody of this game is "much, much worse," without explaining why it is supposed to be so bad doesn't tell us much other than what a person's opinion is (who cares?). I thought the parody was quite good, myself. I will grant that a person has to understand parody to appreciate parody.

Oct 7, 2022
Hey guys havent played the game yet and so i am curious why is there a cheating tag in the game..is the mc married or engaged or something..or is the cheating tag relevant for other charaters apart from the mc..

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
Hey guys havent played the game yet and so i am curious why is there a cheating tag in the game..is the mc married or engaged or something..or is the cheating tag relevant for other charaters apart from the mc..
No to any of this. I believe that must be a leftover from back in the day, when the lifepath let you cheat on a boyfriend/girlfriend. At this point it is your basic spy novel where you end up working in a brothel, taking drugs and participate in the occasional spy mission. It only has the tags that you would expect to find in there. Mind you, so far the MC is only groomed to work as a whore. I would expect this to happen in the next update or two. So, late summer, end of the year. Maybe.

Oct 7, 2022
No to any of this. I believe that must be a leftover from back in the day, when the lifepath let you cheat on a boyfriend/girlfriend. At this point it is your basic spy novel where you end up working in a brothel, taking drugs and participate in the occasional spy mission. It only has the tags that you would expect to find in there. Mind you, so far the MC is only groomed to work as a whore. I would expect this to happen in the next update or two. So, late summer, end of the year. Maybe.
Ahhh cool thanks for the info mate..

Kamet-69

Jan 31, 2020
where is the new content? if I start the game from the last save, it finishes right away. I dont want to restart the game every time there is an update.

garnet1

Apr 24, 2017
where is the new content? if I start the game from the last save, it finishes right away. I dont want to restart the game every time there is an update.
Once you load the save, press the "go back in game history" button. The < symbol on top left.

Reactions: RyRa²

swell5

Aug 29, 2021
The premise alone makes this "parody" much, much worse.
Disagree totally...Like them both...But The pace of development makes this one hard to stay interested in. This new update was almost not worth the download... The chicken out with the VIPs just sucks...and the blackbag job was okay...So bored with Conner scenes... Girl Spy's author Lobsterman has done decently fast development on The Good Son...If he decided to develop Girl Spy that would be amazing..

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Girl Spy's author Lobsterman has done decently fast development on The Good Son...If he decided to develop Girl Spy that would be amazing..
It's been nearly 7 months since The Good Son was last updated, and it's likely going to stay this way for a while yet because author is busy with other stuff. I suspect it's in part due to getting burnt out (and hence spending time on Girl Spy) So, maybe beware what you wish for.

Reactions: okokok

Lexarks

Aug 17, 2022
Feeling a bit weird to understand every words in Thai (I'm Thai) and massive nostalgia since I working aboard.
Summary : completely failed in fap mission.

Author either Thai or used to lived in Thai for quite awhile.
Hope to see more from this game tho

• Red Heart
Reactions: Crushstation

greyab

Apr 14, 2022
the last update was kinda small, but in my opinion, the back bag job was ok and nice for the story, the VIP lounge bit would have been a good place to at least give you the option to chicken out or not. Connor however is getting repetitive.

swell5

Aug 29, 2021
It's been nearly 7 months since The Good Son was last updated, and it's likely going to stay this way for a while yet because author is busy with other stuff. I suspect it's in part due to getting burnt out (and hence spending time on Girl Spy) So, maybe beware what you wish for.
Most games get the author/audience burn out at some point and I think The Good Son was kinda there after the auction I think that's especially true of slice of life HTML games...But Girl Spy could handle several updates before it hits the slow grind..at least thats the hope...The Good Son often had big content updates in the day ...at least in hind sight thats what I remember... But I'd far rather see Girl Spy hit Rome than a new Good Son update... Maybe just me

swell5

Aug 29, 2021
the last update was kinda small, but in my opinion, the back bag job was ok and nice for the story, the VIP lounge bit would have been a good place to at least give you the option to chicken out or not. Connor however is getting repetitive.
The Chicken out or not option could have turned this around... If you have played her as an egger slut then turn do 50,000 Baht it just seemed forced and left me thinking the Bargirls would question that more than they would be pissed at the overstep... It was just a lazy railroaded step... Like when the guy tried to buy her panties but the other barmaid agreed ...Where's our slut options

Reactions: Breezerr

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1681131446490.png
Hey guys, Happy Easter! Last week I started work on the next episode, White Russian.

The side quest itself is outlined, but around it we want a few more scenes in the club (so the main quest also advances). I planned out what all the scenes should be, and spent some time working out how to make them hot and interesting.

One scene in particular – which I think could have been quite ‘meh’ if we took the obvious path with it – has been made surprisingly hot with a little twist to the setup.

This week, I’m going to produce for the scenes. I think these worked well in the last episode, and helped speed up delivery time overall. Even though it added an extra stage to the process, it ended up saving time in the editing phase.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR
Lifepath yes, but not Soon™.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So the official position is that I do plan to revisit, improve and integrate the Lifepath. However: doing that will, of course, mean we’ll have to work on that instead of the main quest. I think that, for now, it makes sense to push forward until at least the point in the main story where the heroine’s established as a bargirl before we jump back to the Lifepath and start adding width.
I fear this forum doesn't have a facepalm big enough. IIRC he's dropped half-done lifepath because people were increasingly annoyed the game wasn't getting anywhere near main quest. Now he's going to drop half-done main quest because people who can't let go of the most pointless character creator ever are apparently getting too annoyed they aren't getting their way. At this rate, guess what will happen another 1-2 years down the road of tinkering with the lifepath with no end in sight.

Finish one thing, then think of finishing the other. This way there's at least a minuscule chance some of it will actually get completed.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
I fear this forum doesn't have a facepalm big enough. IIRC he's dropped half-done lifepath because people were increasingly annoyed the game wasn't getting anywhere near main quest. Now he's going to drop half-done main quest because people who can't let go of the most pointless character creator ever are apparently getting too annoyed they aren't getting their way
I read it as the opposite, Crush will continue with Bangkok. Then when Bangkok is say 60% done will go back to the Lifepath. In reality I would expect the next 12 months to be all on Bangkok at least. Nothing that the cutover point is when the agent is an out and out prostitute and probably when the Bangkok section starts getting a little repetitive.

Reactions: vicaddict

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I read it as the opposite, Crush will continue with Bangkok. Then when Bangkok is say 60% done will go back to the Lifepath.
Then i don't think we read it as the opposite. I'm not saying he'll drop it immediately, just when he does it the main mission will be left nowhere near finished. Then he'll proceed to dabble with the lifepath, and spend another 1-2 years on it without bringing it to close either. End effect, few years down the road (still) nothing will be finished or anywhere close to it.

swell5

Aug 29, 2021
Then i don't think we read it as the opposite. I'm not saying he'll drop it immediately, just when he does it the main mission will be left nowhere near finished. Then he'll proceed to dabble with the lifepath, and spend another 1-2 years on it without bringing it to close either. End effect, few years down the road (still) nothing will be finished or anywhere close to it.
Why on earth would we go back to the Lifepath... We have main story, side quests, and current character development to work on ...Lifepath was fun 3 years or so ago... but Thailand is where its at now..Maybe after Thailand wraps

notjamesbond69

Sep 2, 2022
This is really irrelevant to the discussion, but does anyone know which engine this game is built on? It looks different compared to most other interactive games which are usually made on Twine.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes