ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
Partners table is still very buggy. Actually dev should just drop the random generator and just give us a dropdown box to let us players decide what kind of people we had sex with. It's pretty frustrating to have to reload until we have someone that fits, and when you click to generate next partner, bug pops up, and we have to redo it from the start. I mean, what's even the point of the random generator, just give us the damn dropdown and it'll be more flexible and less buggy. Seems like from the message the bug is related to the random number generator.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
looks interesing, it is good game ?
It has potential, but we've been at the same spot, waiting for Bangkok, for like a year or so now, probably even longer. If the developer gets past the "oh instead of progressing game I am reworking and adding <x> to the existing <y>" it could go far. But so far it's slow updates and those updates really aren't doing much other than changing the same content a bit that's been there for quite a while. While I can appreciate working on the framework of things, I mean Accidental Woman is still just on the prologue and will be for like the next 534523 years, at some point you need to add gameplay unless you're just trying to develop a game engine to sell to others to actually make games.

Reactions: JasDoc

Mack Truck

Jul 22, 2017
I suppose a popup box that the player has to dismiss before it goes away might work there...
Exactly, this is a text game so letting us read all the text is paramount.

I will say it is one of my favorite Paper doll avatars so far. Her constant changing of clothes is refreshing, and the avatar is cute. The author does need to add some more eroticism to the sex scenes. They are pretty vanilla / sterile, so far as I've gotten.

Reactions: twistyfun69

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Exactly, this is a text game so letting us read all the text is paramount.

I will say it is one of my favorite Paper doll avatars so far. Her constant changing of clothes is refreshing, and the avatar is cute. The author does need to add some more eroticism to the sex scenes. They are pretty vanilla / sterile, so far as I've gotten.
Maybe you should express that to Crush? Far as I know, he's given up on this forum, but you could try the Female Agent Discord, he usually listens to suggestions there.

DinosaurUnion

Mar 14, 2018
Maybe you should express that to Crush? Far as I know, he's given up on this forum, but you could try the Female Agent Discord, he usually listens to suggestions there.
Because his discord is full of yes men to his 4th overhaul to the same system.

The plot hasn't moved forward in two years and he's falling into the dev trap of trying to make every encounter special. The game is set in a brothel the sex is meant to be disposable. A brothel that we've never seen, nor been in the same country as.

Reactions: JasDoc

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Because his discord is full of yes men to his 4th overhaul to the same system.
Oh good, it's another of you. The cloying asshats that say the same damn thing over and over and are the reason I stopped following this thread.
If you're trying to say the Female Agent Discord is an echochamber, you might want to observe the colour of the kettles in yours first.

Reactions: SuperMaxo

DinosaurUnion

Mar 14, 2018
Oh good, it's another of you. The cloying asshats that say the same damn thing over and over and are the reason I stopped following this thread.
If you're trying to say the Female Agent Discord is an echochamber, you might want to observe the colour of the kettles in yours first.
Honestly, I completely understand where you're coming from.

You're totally right that this thread is overwhelmingly negative, and I've done my fair share of moaning. It's also important to recognize patterns in Patreon developments - and that the group giving Crush money are very supportive of his revamp efforts. These are also the more passionate fans who want to have more in depth and fleshed out systems and continue to fund the project. They want the best game possible no matter how long it takes, I really get it.

Meanwhile the third party bootleg-assed thread with the skeptics, scalpers and the bitter former Patrons (me for example) checking in every so often has comments pointing out how slow the game runs now, instability, gamebreaking bugs and so on. A lot of frustration about re-doing systems that don't work now never mind making them more complex.

It's perfectly fair to say each end is beating their own dead horse, but don't just dismiss the naysayers because you still believe. This isn't to say "durr RIP Female Agent" - I would also really like this game to progress, but the sad fact is most of these games are never seen though, and this text adventure about arms dealers in brothels has seen neither since it's first release late 2017. Scale ends more projects than dropping patrons.

Prawnboy99

Jul 21, 2018
Honestly, I completely understand where you're coming from.

You're totally right that this thread is overwhelmingly negative, and I've done my fair share of moaning. It's also important to recognize patterns in Patreon developments - and that the group giving Crush money are very supportive of his revamp efforts. These are also the more passionate fans who want to have more in depth and fleshed out systems and continue to fund the project. They want the best game possible no matter how long it takes, I really get it.

Meanwhile the third party bootleg-assed thread with the skeptics, scalpers and the bitter former Patrons (me for example) checking in every so often has comments pointing out how slow the game runs now, instability, gamebreaking bugs and so on. A lot of frustration about re-doing systems that don't work now never mind making them more complex.

It's perfectly fair to say each end is beating their own dead horse, but don't just dismiss the naysayers because you still believe. This isn't to say "durr RIP Female Agent" - I would also really like this game to progress, but the sad fact is most of these games are never seen though, and this text adventure about arms dealers in brothels has seen neither since it's first release late 2017. Scale ends more projects than dropping patrons.

I second this, I mean I can't even get past the partner generator cause it's broken. Even though it was working just fine for me last update.

Reactions: DinosaurUnion

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
I second this, I mean I can't even get past the partner generator cause it's broken. Even though it was working just fine for me last update.
That's odd. It was broken for me last update, but it finally worked well enough in this one for me to play all the way through to the start of Operation LIONESS...

Paladina

Sep 21, 2017
This game is fantastic! I really appreciate the effort he put into writing ways for the player to choose their own backstory.
Echoing a suggestion...
I suppose a popup box that the player has to dismiss before it goes away might work there...
So much yes to this.
Other thing I love about it...
I will say it is one of my favorite Paper doll avatars so far. Her constant changing of clothes is refreshing, and the avatar is cute...
Agreed.
Is it a custom paper doll creator or is he using one from the interwebs?

Reactions: Mack Truck

DJD

Jun 26, 2017
looking for the sleeping emoji.
this game has a ways to go.
creator apparently storyboards so hopefully that will happen.
brass tacks, ive been following since inception there isnt alot here.
i wont make a review because i expect it to get better. i have a calendar too.

Reactions: Solhel

Solhel

Aug 10, 2017
Both the concept, and the content that is currently there is intriguing. I'd focus on getting the "introduction" done, to what I assume will be a more open-world game. Seems like a lot of work has gone into game mechanics that we can't yet see so far.

Reactions: DJD

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
This game is fantastic! I really appreciate the effort he put into writing ways for the player to choose their own backstory.
Echoing a suggestion...

So much yes to this.
Other thing I love about it...

Agreed.
Is it a custom paper doll creator or is he using one from the interwebs?
I do believe it is a custom doll avatar. I'm not sure who does the art, but I have seen progress reports from Crush that talk about work he's done on the avatar.

Both the concept, and the content that is currently there is intriguing. I'd focus on getting the "introduction" done, to what I assume will be a more open-world game. Seems like a lot of work has gone into game mechanics that we can't yet see so far.
I'm not sure what you mean by the introduction, but as far as I recall, the game has done everything leading up to Bangkok. I believe it cuts off at the airport just before Agent flies there. According to Crush, this entire section (everything created before the full playable background) will need to be integrated with the skills system before moving onto Bangkok and yes, he did say Bangkok will be an open world.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Yes. Crush has said multiple times on the game's Discord that Bangkok will be the meat of the game, the biggest part and what all the backstory and training that has madeup the game to this point is building towards.
Yes, he is talking about Bangkok being the main part of the story but the question is will we ever get there?

Now he's going to waste 2-3 months working on Avatar upgrades, then it will be NPC generator (another waste of time), followed by Sex Generator, probably followed by Life path upgrades, followed by... well, something else or possibly even yet another update to something that was updated before. By the rate this is going we won't get Bangkok content in 2019. Whether we get some in 2020 remains to be seen.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Yes, he is talking about Bangkok being the main part of the story but the question is will we ever get there?

Now he's going to waste 2-3 months working on Avatar upgrades, then it will be NPC generator (another waste of time), followed by Sex Generator, probably followed by Life path upgrades, followed by... well, something else or possibly even yet another update to something that was updated before. By the rate this is going we won't get Bangkok content in 2019. Whether we get some in 2020 remains to be seen.
While I'm all for making sure there's a stable framework for the game, a framework by itself doesn't make a game. This game is, sadly, an excellent example of feature creep and the problem of developing one part of the game to the exclusion of others.
Personally I think Crush should shift focus away from the mechanical upgrades for a bit and focus on the story. Then try to improve both concurrently. It may mean smaller updates overall content wise but at least we'd be progressing towards a full game.

Reactions: Joe Steel
3.50 star(s) 113 Votes