TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
The changelog says that the bugs in the Glasgow safehouse, but I still get them. Does anyone know what I can do to play past this?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
If you choose to live in NY and have your father die during 9/11 attack, you still get an option to have your father disappear a year later... and you still get bonuses based on your relationthip with father a later portion of the game.

When applying to Ivy League college, you get -4 penaly for not having Persuade skill even if your Persuade skill is +1 or higher. Same happen when asking for allowance during college.

In Panama part (on Operative path), when generating partners a year goes up for each partner created... meaning you can end up with Agent being 50+ years old if you have Promiscuous trait. You also don't get any XP for Panama portion.

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
Also crashed at the relationship tables. Choosing "Promiscuous" as a kink provides some hilariously unrealistic results.

"That year, you have 18 serious relationships." How serious can a relationship be if you're averaging one every three weeks?

Also, do you really need to generate them one at a time? Can you not just have them generate all at once?

_Nathy_

Oct 21, 2018
It's really good, maybe the best html game till now. But usually I don't play this kind of game ;). Maybe improve the vignette also in other position or B-side when compatible with the dialogue.
I like it.

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
"That year, you have 18 serious relationships." How serious can a relationship be if you're averaging one every three weeks?
They could be concurrent.

That's a superhuman feat of juggling feelings, dates and... names? But I guess it could be done. :sneaky:

DinosaurUnion

Mar 14, 2018
New update is a poll on which system to overhaul first, the player Avatar or the NPC generator. Explicity saying both these and a third thing need doing before Bangkok.

Reminder that since 2017 we've updated and overhauled both of these multiple times, neither has worked consistently in any version, and we're still no closer to Bangkok.

2017. I can't believe I resubbed for this 1.4 release when it's the most broken I've seen it, and they're adding more and more systems at every level.

Feature creep is having a severe stagnation effect on this cool idea for a quirky and kinky adventure game.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
New update is a poll on which system to overhaul first, the player Avatar or the NPC generator. Explicity saying both these and a third thing need doing before Bangkok.
Overhaul to player Avatar and NPC generator???? Didn't both of them already got major overhaul with this update due to all the stuff that was added? And he want to overhaul something else BEFORE working on Bangkok content??? I wonder what else will he decide to "overhaul" after he does those three things...

At this point I doubt we'll see Bangkok content in 2019 and it's a huge question if we'll get it in 2020...

Reactions: JasDoc

JasDoc

Mar 6, 2018
In a foreseeable future I won’t expect any Bangkok content. He milks his patrons as much as Newlife’s developer, however they agree with his politics and pledge even more. This is not one-man army project, but a team of 3/4 people, while the Sex Engine is a lot of worse than that implemented in Newlife. He constantly complicates the game and adds unnecessary elements (getting exp in First Aid or Turkisch language - how and when it will matter? Will it make a difference to the story if MC’s father died or if MC has a loving or distant relationship with her mother? Why bother implementing something like that?). My prediction is that in 2019 there will be updates to NPC generator and Avatar (the back view), maybe the Sex Engine too - 1 or 2 months sprint to some ‚major’ update, after that 1 month sprint with bugfixes and so on. Late 2019 we may see an ultra early begining of Bangkok (arriving at the airport), but a playable content will be in late 2020, because for sure he will have to rework something that has been already reworked a few months ago - the same like he’s doing now with NPC generator or Sex Engine or Avatar. Bi action/threesome/group sex (it’s not even implemented in Newlife) might be done in 2021 or never if this project will collapse sooner.

Croissanito

Aug 19, 2018
Overhaul to player Avatar and NPC generator???? Didn't both of them already got major overhaul with this update due to all the stuff that was added? And he want to overhaul something else BEFORE working on Bangkok content??? I wonder what else will he decide to "overhaul" after he does those three things...

At this point I doubt we'll see Bangkok content in 2019 and it's a huge question if we'll get it in 2020...
guy has been saying he wants to make the avatar have a back view and remake the sex engine for months

JasDoc

Mar 6, 2018
implementing Lifepath and this RPG roll system took him almost half of the year. With any other ‚major’ update it will be the same.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, those features are key (or every partner will feel like the same every time and the sex dull and boring after the third time).
See here:
What I don't like is the speed of delelopment, too incredibly utterly slow.

Reactions: Kazehana

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Yeah, those features are key (or every partner will feel like the same every time and the sex dull and boring after the third time).
See here:
What I don't like is the speed of delelopment, too incredibly utterly slow.
Don't fool yourself... brothel scenes with "generic" NPC's will feel the same and became dull and boring rather fast even with Sex Engine. Adding backside to Avatar is nice but not that important and it's certainly not a "key feature" (hell, Avatar itself is borderline unimportant if she'll just stand there and look pretty). NPC generator... meh, like I said, scenes with generic NPC's will became boring and repetitive rather fast anyway so it's just a waste of time.

It's main story and side-quest NPC's and interaction with them that will matter and those scenes will all be unique to begin with (just like Operation Lioness scenes or Dubai). Sex Engine will help in delivering them, but it's not like they could not be done without it.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
@Ripe yes when I said key feature I meant NPG generator and sex engine, not the avatar. I disagree on the NPC generator, remember it's not just to add random NPCs but most importantly to characterize them (and then use those new attributes, for example sex kinks and so on..right now they're totally passive)

Croissanito

Aug 19, 2018
Don't fool yourself... brothel scenes with "generic" NPC's will feel the same and became dull and boring rather fast even with Sex Engine.
the entire point of the npc rework is giving them stats similar to the PC so they dont feel the same

Reactions: Mwanted

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
@Ripe yes when I said key feature I meant NPG generator and sex engine, not the avatar. I disagree on the NPC generator, remember it's not just to add random NPCs but most importantly to characterize them (and then use those new attributes, for example sex kinks and so on..right now they're totally passive)
the entire point of the npc rework is giving them stats similar to the PC so they dont feel the same
You're both missing the point... yes, randomly generated NPC's will be different but scenes they're involved in will not be different. All that having various NPC's will do is create different combinations of sub-scenes based on the traits/stats of those NPC's and what agent is wearing. Depending on how many of those sub-scenes Crushstation write it may take awhile before we get to see all of them, but sooner or later we will see all of them at which point those scenes will became repetitive and boring.

Let us be realistic here, brothel scenes with "generic NPC's" will be standard RPG grind we see in almost any other RPG, only instead of fighting random monsters we'll have to fuck random NPC's. And just like any other grind, it will became something you do on "autopilot" pretty fast... which make improvement to random NPC generator borderline waste of time unless he plan to use it on main/side story NPC's. And I'm not sure that using NPC generator for those is good idea (especially for main story NPC's) since they really should be unique NPC's.

DinosaurUnion

Mar 14, 2018
Best option would be to keep the "filler" encounters simple, they're just regular patrons and not literally everyone going into this place would have anything to do with this terror cell / arms dealers.

Instead have really strong key encounters using lessons from the wet t-shirt contest. Look at what your character has available to win and make choices based off that - and if she doesn't have many options she can even undermine opponents. The family stuff could come back if you're poor upbringing means an estranged father gets into dangerous gun running for cash, or even your 1%er father has ties to these cells and you grew up privileged because of blood money.

Leave generic encounters as disposable, if you repeatedly fuck them up it could trigger something bigger with a supervisor / boss from either the club or the operation? Write more key moments instead that play into your characters strengths.

Reactions: Tenenbaum
3.50 star(s) 114 Votes