cheesepie

Sep 28, 2022
Quoted from the discord:

"What I do think is a big deal is that this is the only sex scene we get in a short update that has been in the works for 4-5ish months. I know I am beating a dead horse and understand that high quality writing takes time, but the pace of development is just too slow for a linear text based game. In looking back through the progress reports there is no way the summaries of 80 hour work weeks or 12 hour days are accurate unless the three scenes in this update were each rewritten a dozen times. Even then, the final product we got is still kind of sloppy, I noticed two dead links and multiple instances where the game just said “add x later.” What was being punched up for weeks on end? My trust in the dev reports and the amount of work put into updates is waning, and while I still love the final product overall, following its development in the last year or so has caused more disappointment than enjoyment."

With enough injections of sanity maybe the bubble will burst.
Before the bubble bursts, has there ever been any outline of an ending or even the branches that lead to main subplots? All I could find was this, nothing to indicate MC's mission will end...

"a breakdown between two factions of the organised crime syndicate that controls the red light district the brothel is in. As the conflict escalates, it threatens the whole DEVILFISH operation, so the Joint Task Force starts secretly intervening in order to maintain stability – a targeted assassination here, a drone strike on a meth convoy there, a tip off to the cops about drug deal A, intercepting the cops before they get to drug deal B...whatever it takes to keep things fucking normal until DEVILFISH is rendered."

And that's the problem with branching stories, if there's no plan, each major choice should exponentially add to number of endings. E.g. for BJ in KL nudes get leaked, does it affect anything IRL? In current form with each linear update taking 4-5 months, it's a mathematical certainty that Crush will need years, then decades, to wrap up the main story.

Surely at least one patreon has got the brains to demand he finish a full outline? That's the only way this ends in our lifetimes. If Crush ever sees this, typical corn endings are whore, drug addict, mistress and saint. Okay, now back to self flagellation.

jonhywonder123

Jun 1, 2018
Before the bubble bursts, has there ever been any outline of an ending or even the branches that lead to main subplots? All I could find was this, nothing to indicate MC's mission will end...

"a breakdown between two factions of the organised crime syndicate that controls the red light district the brothel is in. As the conflict escalates, it threatens the whole DEVILFISH operation, so the Joint Task Force starts secretly intervening in order to maintain stability – a targeted assassination here, a drone strike on a meth convoy there, a tip off to the cops about drug deal A, intercepting the cops before they get to drug deal B...whatever it takes to keep things fucking normal until DEVILFISH is rendered."

And that's the problem with branching stories, if there's no plan, each major choice should exponentially add to number of endings. E.g. for BJ in KL nudes get leaked, does it affect anything IRL? In current form with each linear update taking 4-5 months, it's a mathematical certainty that Crush will need years, then decades, to wrap up the main story.

Surely at least one patreon has got the brains to demand he finish a full outline? That's the only way this ends in our lifetimes. If Crush ever sees this, typical corn endings are whore, drug addict, mistress and saint. Okay, now back to self flagellation.
this update added an ending branch of sorts
if you choose a certain option after the blowjob

Reactions: Fidelidade

Geffe

Jul 14, 2019
This is the first update that I think is genuinely kind of bad. Not terrible, but definitely more flawed than earlier updates. The writing for the bj scene only really makes sense if you've been playing the agent as extremely reluctant in every sexual situation. If you've been playing the agent as more accepting of the need to use sex, then the anger and reluctance and emotional breakdown during and after the bj scene seems entirely out of place.

RestIn

Aug 15, 2017
Problem with patreon is that everyone mostly adopts a group/bandwagon mentality.
Ofc, no one likes to think that they are paid money for something bad or being victim of a scam, so they started to adapt this bandwagon mentality with similar minded inidividuals and create echo chambers in which they can convince each other that everything is great and their money well spent

Last edited:

Derrida

Jan 30, 2019
This isn't the first negative review, but Crush's comment has always been the same, and it comes in a form similar to this:

"Great points being raised here, thank you for your feedback! I will address these concerns in the next developer update".

Next developer update:

"I received a lot of feedback, thank you so much for playing and giving your opinion".

You called it, from the discord, from the horse's ass so to speak: 'Hey guys, thanks so much for all this conversation and feedback, of course I'm reading it all and taking notes. I'm experimenting with something today that I hope might impact the writing speed issue – report to follow if it's useful.'

He reminds me of a politician, dangling some fanciful solution in front of voters. Except problems in politics are often actually complex, here it's just someone manufacturing difficulties so they can keep the pace of development slow while maximizing retention on patreon. Genuinely, there are writers who could have completed the first draft of a novel in the timeframe of Crush's updates. In 6 years those same writers could have written multiple. No one expects him to write to the pace of a Sanderson or whoever but just some basic accountability for his process and his own schedule.

Last edited:

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016

So yeah, who knows if people on patreon would ever hold crush to a standard as simple as update the game every 3 months, which is so flexible for the type of game and content that he should easily have been able to keep up with it.
they wont, most ppl would just stop supporting or switch to 1 usd tier. The remaining subs don't mind the slow update.

iirc the game was not good at changing MC's personality according to players' choices. You can pick all the slutty choices and suddenly in a paragraph MC is shy or reluctant and vice versa. The only thing appealing to me was the vast amount of customization and clothing for the agent. But the lack of feedback from your customization and clothing make them feels meaningless most of the time.

The devs seem to spend a lot of time exploring the tools and modifying the engine. I do see continuous improvements but this amount of content after 6 years of development? I strongly doubt if they have been spending enough time working on the game.

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
iirc the game was not good at changing MC's personality according to players' choices. You can pick all the slutty choices and suddenly in a paragraph MC is shy or reluctant and vice versa. The only thing appealing to me was the vast amount of customization and clothing for the agent. But the lack of feedback from your customization and clothing make them feels meaningless most of the time.
It is basically why I lost interest in the game. Personally I do not give a fuck about how slow updates are if the stuff delivered is actually interesting. Initial premise was good but for whatever reason the game devolved into the cookie cutter 'let's corrupt our protagonist' story that are dime a dozen here.

The path of playing actually proactive character instead of hapless victim #7577 was promised at some point but never delivered upon.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
Maybe Crush took 1 month off and didn't tell anyone and didn't want to shut his patreon down. And so this would technically still be a 3 month update. But to us it appears like a 4 month one +2 weeks one. So then Crush's character flaw is not being transparent and honest.
"Maybe he's just a deceptive scamming asshole" is certainly a new approach to defending Crush. And it's not actually a good one, because unlike "maybe he's the most incompetent developer, project manager and writer ever", it judges him as person instead of as a professional.

So maybe quit trying to cheerlead for Crush while you're only this far behind?

collinio

Jan 20, 2018
so what's actually in this update? as when i loaded a save it said i'd reached the end of the current version

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
FemaleAgent-1.19
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
In 2017 I discovered this game here on F95 and immediately became a supporter on Patreon. I gave countless pages of ideas to it. Very often with the following answer: "Great idea, we will work on it." (The same response was given to people who, months or years later, proposed an idea similar to mine. Nothing really happened.)

For two years I supported the game financially, then another two years with tips and debugging. And the last year I don't even follow the DC regularly anymore.
The reward was that in the older versions there was sometimes bonus content, like a code name of a subject with my nickname, a requested outfit (cheerleader costume from Death Proof) or mention in the credits.

In the meantime, I'm glad that the credits no longer exist in the game. Not because I'm not happy with my share of ideas, but because I don't want to be associated with this time-wasting and screwing people over anymore. How many are currently working on FA? 6-8 and then something like this?

Wouldn't surprise me if FA is just a front for other activities to disguise the flow of money on Patreon and other platforms.

Apr 3, 2019
It is basically why I lost interest in the game. Personally I do not give a fuck about how slow updates are if the stuff delivered is actually interesting. Initial premise was good but for whatever reason the game devolved into the cookie cutter 'let's corrupt our protagonist' story that are dime a dozen here.

The path of playing actually proactive character instead of hapless victim #7577 was promised at some point but never delivered upon.
You can go one step further, initially it was sold as a sort of James Bond-esque idea where the heroine can use her body, her abilities, and her gadgets to succeed. In the older version, the first couple of short missions after the lifepath, that training in Scotland and that fling with the swedish guy (which I'm aware is still in this version) are a testament to that.

...but now all we get is "random girl works as a bargirl, ocasionally calls daddy to complain". All with some fancy episode names and everything to make it seem like there's still a spy theme.

3.50 star(s) 111 Votes