Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
but it's just upgrades to the Avatar.
It's not "just" an avatar upgrade. It is mandatory for bangkok. The image folder alone contains 8767 files and there are enough changes in the game to discover.
Alone the decisions of the live path can already be found in some comments and possible answers.

Reactions: redliight

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
It's not "just" an avatar upgrade. It is mandatory for bangkok. The image folder alone contains 8767 files and there are enough changes in the game to discover.
Alone the decisions of the live path can already be found in some comments and possible answers.
Chill dude I was just saying what the official change log said and that is no new story content from the last update.
I'll copy and paste it for you.
1.5.1 (15 August 2019)

• Major upgrade to all avatar artwork
  • Customise your agent's facial features
  • Choose from three body types
  • Various avatar customisation features (bikini lines, body piercings, tattoos, six pack abs)
  • New notification system, because UI is the sexiest thing of all
  • Zoomable avatar (in "Settings")
  • Locally playable image pack version (MEGA link on Patreon)

Reactions: Joe Steel

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Mercedes, try not to be so defensive about the game. smith66 was correct in his descripton of the 1.5.1 update. There is no real reason to download it except to see the avatar changes or to bughunt. Anyone not interested in that should skip it, whether it is necessary for Bangkok or not. What's there (except bugs) will still be there in the next version.

AlteredCarbon

Apr 22, 2018
People worried about realism are getting wound up about the wrong thing, I feel

All these tiny little details are ultimately a distraction from the whole point of the game, which is getting the agent to Bangkok and having her brains fucked outta her skull, which I believe is a point that's been made over and over again during initial development

The prologue was fine as it was, the avatar was perfectly servicable as it was

The relationship generator serves no actual gameplay purpose besides adding numbers to your character sheet, which doesn't feel meaningful in any way — it's just statistics; "times fucked in face"

All of the newest additions feel like needless fluff tbh

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
@ gobbet
All in your opinion.

I wrote earlier that I follow FA for over a year now.
Of course I also want to come to Bangkok, but via Discord I get a lot of stuff and as a fan I was able to bring in many of my own ideas as well. In return, there are already two to three references that refer to me. Thanks Crush.

Even if it feels like nothing happened last year, because you're still in Dubai, I can say that's definitely not the case.
You can still find FA 1.2 or 1.3 versions in the network. Play these for comparison and you will get a better overview of what has happened.
And then please imagine which version would bring you more fun in Bangkok.

Reactions: gobbet

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
Loving all the new avatar features and I think it was a step in the right direction to dedicate so much time to them. Yes, I want the plot to move forward but as others have pointed out, this update creates the basis for a much more customizable and rich Bangkok.

I understand how the people who prefer to headcannon and use imagination and text descriptions over a paper doll feel like this was a waste of time but it is the high quality detailed avatar that makes this game stand out among other text based games (you can gain abs ffs!).

The only things I'd like to point out are that (at least from what I experienced) tats and piercings, apart from the model scanning scene, are never mentioned or touched upon by the agent or NPCs, meaning they are purely cosmetic. It would add a bit more flavour to have some people comment on them from time to time (for example: some people at the cathouse or even the dude you bring home from there would probably like tattoos and piercings considering the rock/metal scene and my agent flashed her pierced tits to tons of kids and some judgemental old farts at Oceana and no one commented on them). Also I think you could still be able to style your hair differently before the nights out even if you have a medium/bob cut, although with less options than long.

I hope there are also some scenes where the agent can be naughty/daring in Bangkok on her own accord in Bangkok (i.e. when off work, hooking up, flashing in public, at the beach etc.).

Keep up the good work Crushstation! Thank you for the great game!

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Loving all the new avatar features and I think it was a step in the right direction to dedicate so much time to them. Yes, I want the plot to move forward but as others have pointed out, this update creates the basis for a much more customizable and rich Bangkok.
I quite agree. I am all for systems improvements to be completed before Bangkok starts, and trust the designer to know what he needs to make the Bangkok story play out the way he wants. There are some content additions to the lifestory that I questioned the need for, but it seems that those may have been dropped.

The only things I'd like to point out are that (at least from what I experienced) tats and piercings, apart from the model scanning scene, are never mentioned or touched upon by the agent or NPCs, meaning they are purely cosmetic. It would add a bit more flavour to have some people comment on them from time to time (for example: some people at the cathouse or even the dude you bring home from there would probably like tattoos and piercings considering the rock/metal scene and my agent flashed her pierced tits to tons of kids and some judgemental old farts at Oceana and no one commented on them).
Get the "hot zone" pubic tattoo.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
(you can gain abs ffs!).
Which is awesome. I also really like when she blinks, showing off the eyeshadow you choose.
The only things I'd like to point out are that (at least from what I experienced) tats and piercings, apart from the model scanning scene, are never mentioned or touched upon by the agent or NPCs, meaning they are purely cosmetic.
I actually wrote a KV that involves a belly piercing if you have one. ;) And I know from PMs with him that Crush absolutely loves these sorts of little customization touches, so I would expect quite a lot more of them moving forward.
Keep up the good work Crushstation! Thank you for the great game!
Enthusiastic second.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
Get the "hot zone" pubic tattoo.
I'll have to check that out, only one I haven't. Thanks!

I actually wrote a KV that involves a belly piercing if you have one. ;) And I know from PMs with him that Crush absolutely loves these sorts of little customization touches, so I would expect quite a lot more of them moving forward.
That's great to hear! I love his attention to detail!

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
.... Also I think you could still be able to style your hair differently before the nights out even if you have a medium/bob cut, although with less options than long.
In the pre-evening sessions, so when she walks around in the towel, you can adjust her outfit, her makeup and her hair. However, only the hairstyles of her current hair length are available. I do not know now, as is the case with the non-prem version, but that is actually a feature that should be selectable in both versions.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
In the pre-evening sessions, so when she walks around in the towel, you can adjust her outfit, her makeup and her hair. However, only the hairstyles of her current hair length are available. I do not know now, as is the case with the non-prem version, but that is actually a feature that should be selectable in both versions.
I always play with long hair, but I just checked with medium and you cannot actually change your hair style at that point. I was a bit surprised to see that, actually.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
I always play with long hair, but I just checked with medium and you cannot actually change your hair style at that point. I was a bit surprised to see that, actually.
I just did it again 1.5.1.P in a quick run to the three Lioness missions - and this time I could not choose hairstyles. suspicious

Edit:
OK, get an answer to discord.
Hairstyles can currently only be changed with long hair.
So we were both right. ;)

Reactions: PilotLara

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
The *offline* version of 1.5 has some missing images. av-tshirt-grey-plain-lean-34C.png is just one of them, but I suppose the entire set of images starting with "av-tshirt-grey-" are missing, I've already checked the zip file and they aren't included. The one above shows up as a broken image on the avatar.

More missing images:
VA-Upper-Class-1.jpg (There's one without the "-1")
VA-A330-300-1.jpg (There's one without the "-1")
BA-A319-100-1.jpg
BA-Club-Europe-1.jpg
corinthianHangOut.png

I've also run into a bug involving hair types which goes like this...
Code:
Female Agent 1.5.1 image pack version.html:105815 Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<if>>
    <<if $pc.hair.length == "bob">>…
a @ Female Agent 1.5.1 image pack version.html:105815
And another game breaking sorta bug... a blank screen with this message and nothing else:
Error: the passage "Corinthian dance with male1" does not exist
Well, I guess this version wasn't worth the time, it's far too buggy.

Last edited:
Reactions: rombdeau
D

Deleted member 800965

You know, Tanzie, I genuinely admire your masochism - you keep playing the game you strongly dislike and which goes into a completely wrong direction according to your POV and yet you waste your time time and again and still nothing brings you joy.
Well, it's either masochism or something I can't explain. Wishful thinking? Delusions? Note that I'm not taking neither side - it's just I would've dropped this game long ago if I considered it as shitty as you do.
At least the bug reports are something for the devs to react to. Hope those will be fixed.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
You know, Tanzie, I genuinely admire your masochism - you keep playing the game you strongly dislike and which goes into a completely wrong direction according to your POV and yet you waste your time time and again and still nothing brings you joy.
Well, it's either masochism or something I can't explain. Wishful thinking? Delusions? Note that I'm not taking neither side - it's just I would've dropped this game long ago if I considered it as shitty as you do.
At least the bug reports are something for the devs to react to. Hope those will be fixed.
Why would it be "masochism", if all you do is to spend twenty minutes to check out the progression of a project you're interested in and report a few bugs? And why do you even care about what I do with my own time? I'm certainly not the only person here who criticized the direction and the lack of progression of the project, so why do you target me? Don't YOU have anything better to do, other than posting messages that have no real purpose, except maybe, trolling?

PilotLara

Jan 16, 2019
Thank you for your reports Tanzie we'll fix them. May I kindly ask everyone to use the in-game reporting system (DEBUG → CREATE BUG REPORT) if they encounter code errors. It really reduces the time we need to pinpoint the origin of bugs.

Reactions: rombdeau
3.50 star(s) 113 Votes