Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
There is content that you can only access in the patreon version of the game. That is by definition locked content.
To what content do you refer? As far as I can see no content is locked, but I'll certainly look at evidence of locked CONTENT.

E cup breasts give no new content. More than one fetish gives no new content (it just makes the non-patrons play the game more than once to access all the choices). The non-patron version doesn't lack any of the content that the patron version has. Patrons just can access it more easily. If rewarding patrons offends people, then so be it. That's really an argument against Patreon and the way nearly every designer does things, though.

Reactions: gobbet

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
You and I disagree on the definition of the word 'content'. I call those things that are exclusive to the Patreon version features, not content.
We disagree. That's fine.

The fact that the Patreon version of the game and the free version are different bothers me. If it is features and not content it's the same thing to me. If you give money you get a different experiance, thus it is a paywall to me. If you want to draw the line another way, then go ahead. I'm not telling you what to do.

Also, it's not that I am entitled to the work, it's that I support games I like. I'm not buying access to a game, I am supporting a game. So when I play a game and it has things missing, I like the game less. I'm not telling people what to do, this is just my viewpoint. Do what you want, this deveopler needs money and deserves it.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
The only obvious fact here is that there are two different versions of the game that are maintained separately. We don't question why that is the case, or how big the difference is, and we don't need to. Trying to convince people that the difference is minuscule, insignificant etc. is rather pointless and doesn't change the fact.

rewarding patrons
Considering what people here claim about the differences between the two versions (back button, multiple kinks, bigger breasts) it sounds more like artificial restrictions forced upon non-patrons. As you can see, there are multiple ways to look at it. Perhaps that's another way of saying "you are special", who knows...

Last edited:
Reactions: Amariithynar

FightmeLaiLai

Aug 2, 2019
Felt like I jumped in the middle of two firing squads lol

Don’t shoot me if this question been asked for the million time but has the dev ever said when the Thailand path be actually ready?

Reactions: Amariithynar

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
Clearly there are some people in this thread that find it offensive that devs reward their patrons with something extra. That's certainly a valid opinion, I just don't share it. I find nothing at all wrong with the model.

I was just trying to point out that the actual scenes in this particular game are identical, regardless of whether you are playing the Patreon version or not.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
(snip) Trying to convince people that the difference is minuscule, insignificant etc. is rather pointless and doesn't change the fact.
Trying to convince people that the difference is major, significant etc. is equally rather pointless and doesn't change the fact.

Considering what people here claim about the differences between the two versions (back button, multiple kinks, bigger breasts) it sounds more like artificial restrictions forced upon non-patrons. As you can see, there are multiple ways to look at it. Perhaps that's another way of saying "you are special", who knows...
You've got it precisely reversed. The non-patron version is the game as it was meant to be played. The patrons have access to cheats. The back button makes every die roll meaningless, for instance, because you can just go back and get another roll until you get the result you want. Access to the cheats is a reward for patrons, no question, but nearly every developer rewards patrons, so there is the source of your beef.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that, upon game completion, the dev removes the cheats entirely.

Reactions: gobbet

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Felt like I jumped in the middle of two firing squads lol

Don’t shoot me if this question been asked for the million time but has the dev ever said when the Thailand path be actually ready?
There is some discussion on whether the agent should get there in version 1.9 (the fourth update from now) or 1.8 (the third update from now). It can't be sooner than 1.8 because there are essential game play improvements that have to be implemented before Bangkok. The difference between the two plans is about adding significantly more content to the lifepath or not. Since the updates are monthly, that puts the first Bangkok episode in October or November at the earliest.

D

Deleted member 800965

Since the updates are monthly, that puts the first Bangkok episode in October or November at the earliest.
Ahem. Public service announcement: v1.4 came out in February. The in-game changelog doesn't provide the date for the first v1.3 release, but the v1.3.6 was released in July 2018. Crush's patreon was launched almost precisely 2 years ago, so I suspect the very first release of v1.0 (whatver that was) happened in August 2017, or maybe September. So make your calculations.

Please visit other creators for monthly or bi-monthly releases. :LOL: Please also visit a whole other (and much bigger) bunch of creators who (ir)regularly fail at delivering anything in their self-imposed deadlines. Crush is horrible at time estimates - v1.5 was due in May, according to his initial estimates, and this isn't his first planning error, nor his last, I fear. Whether he's bad or good at this and how you should react to this is up to you, but don't think that this game has a time schedule. A schedule, yes, but with no time constraints. Maybe later, who knows.

Reactions: Breezerr

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Another thing I noticed that no matter your origins, UK, US AUS etc the game follows exactly the same events from childhood to university. I was hoping that there would be some unique events and quest chains depending on your origin.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Time my modest contribution to this discussion of patreon benefits:
Whether you play with DD or E-Cup, who cares?
As a patreon, you may choose 2 kinks at first, but you will not get any more from the Hypno.
The free version starts with a kink and you get your second either by the Hypno or leaves them away and can get its next kink at a later date.
The only real comfort support is the back button. In the free version, but you can achieve that, just cumbersome. Save, load, save, load.
But honestly. I personally use the button during the error search to go different ways. In the finished game, I will run through the scenes with the dice results. Is like the tabletop. Well, I can not just say, I do not like the litter, I try until I have the critical hit rolled.

Incidentally, I have now put about as much as for three full versions in this game. As a previous speaker said. Patreon does not mean you get more content. Patreon means that you believe in the concept and the team and are ready to reward this work.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Trying to convince people that the difference is major, significant etc. is equally rather pointless and doesn't change the fact.
That's true, however, it was the ones who claimed otherwise started this argument, while trying to correct people who simply expressed their opinions.

You've got it precisely reversed. The non-patron version is the game as it was meant to be played. The patrons have access to cheats. The back button makes every die roll meaningless, for instance, because you can just go back and get another roll until you get the result you want. Access to the cheats is a reward for patrons, no question, but nearly every developer rewards patrons, so there is the source of your beef.
So the patrons are "rewarded" by being allowed to access the cheats that will make their game "meaningless". Great logic. How does the "big boobs" function as a cheat then? And I suppose it would be cheating if a person is an exhibitionist as well as enjoys rough sex and likes older guys... If you actually had taken a look at the source code, you would know that all the "cheats" as you call them were actually artificial "restrictions" in the code. Of course, one way to "reward" your patrons is to restrict the "freeloaders".

I personally want some clarification on what the "end product" will be, in order to determine what my stance will be regarding this game. Will the fully featured game still have these restrictions when completed? I assume that'll be the case. Perhaps the difference between the two will get even bigger in time.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
That's true, however, it was the ones who claimed otherwise started this argument, while trying to correct people who simply expressed their opinions.
I have no idea what argument you are trying to make here. The "fact" is that there is no content available to patrons that is unavailable to non-patrons, and arguments to the contrary are meaningless.

So the patrons are "rewarded" by being allowed to access the cheats that will make their game "meaningless". Great logic.
Not as bad as the logic behind complaining about not having access to cheats that you think will "make [your] game 'meaningless'!" You can't have it both ways.

How does the "big boobs" function as a cheat then?
You automatically win the wet T-shirt contest, if I am reading it right.

And I suppose it would be cheating if a person is an exhibitionist as well as enjoys rough sex and likes older guys... If you actually had taken a look at the source code, you would know that all the "cheats" as you call them were actually artificial "restrictions" in the code. Of course, one way to "reward" your patrons is to restrict the "freeloaders".
Of course it's not cheating to have a character who "is an exhibitionist as well as enjoys rough sex and likes older guys." It is just cheating to have that happen by ticking check boxes at the start rather than acquiring those kinks during the game. If, as you say, "all the 'cheats' as you call them were actually artificial "restrictions" in the code" then you can't complain that the game was designed to be played with them in place. If the cheats are "artificial restrictions" then it is the patrons who are getting restricted, not the non-patrons.

I'm curious, if the patrons didn't get these "rewards" would they stop supporting the game?
I'm not a mind-reader, so your curiosity will probably remain unrewarded. For my part, I have been supporting this game since long before these features were added.

If that's the case, it sounds a bit excessive to me to spend money on a game just to get bigger boobs, multiple kinks and a back button, but then again who am I to judge...
Speculation about whether "that's the case" in a complete unknowable is useless, and it seems to me that you "judge" even when you have no evidence at all.

I actually have no idea what your complaint actually is. Patrons getting cheats not available to non-patrons is pretty standard in these games. There is no content available to patrons that isn't available to non-patrons. Patrons get a bit easier access to more of it in a single play-through (don't have to save and reload to get a re-roll), that's all. This seems to bother you, but you don't seem to be able to articulate why it is bad.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
I personally have access to some trial versions. In which I can even have all 5 kinks at the same time.
Good to test, but completely pointless for the pure game, because Kate would be the total slut at 18.

But by such test options, you can also improve the game. One year ago I could have slept with two times as many guys as possible right up to the end of vol Lioness.
I myself could be Kate's mother by age. But I do not even have a quarter of relationships on the account, as Kate is currently possible.

And something on the edge. Anyone following the team's contributions here on F95 or on Discord will know that many of the patreon rewards will be dropped later in the game because they will also be included in the free version. Just with a different story.

Crush plans to do a kind of Open World sandbox RPG. The player decides which way Kate will go.
Much more important than leading such useless discussion here would be to feed Crush with loads of ideas for additional content.
The backbone of the story is there, but does anyone have ideas for side missions? Be it your sick and needy neighbor, or the Red Wa, extorting protection money. Corrupt policemen looking for their advantage. Just think about it.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
I have no idea what argument you are trying to make here. The "fact" is that there is no content available to patrons that is unavailable to non-patrons, and arguments to the contrary are meaningless.
The "fact" that there are two different versions, one with "rewards", or "cheats" as you call it, and another without. The fact that these "rewards" determine what "content" is accessible in a single playthrough is literally the definition of "unavailability". By the way, "content" doesn't necessarily refer to the story events in the game, any piece of text/graphics, a choice based on a stat/ability/kink etc. are also content.

Not as bad as the logic behind complaining about not having access to cheats that you think will "make [your] game 'meaningless'!" You can't have it both ways.
It was YOU who suggested that having a back button made the dice rolls "meaningless", not me. I don't even see that as a cheat.

It is just cheating to have that happen by ticking check boxes at the start rather than acquiring those kinks during the game.
It's not possible to "acquire" kinks during the game. Some people, me for instance, have already suggested that, but it's not been implemented as far as I'm aware.

If the cheats are "artificial restrictions" then it is the patrons who are getting restricted, not the non-patrons.
Let me give you a very simple example and then you decide which one is a restriction or not.

Rules:

1. Patron can go back 100 pages.
2. Freeloader can go back 1 pages.

The game indeed has similar rules which are controlled by a single variable in the source code and as you can guess, the value of that variable is different in the free and the patron version.

I actually have no idea what your complaint actually is. Patrons getting cheats not available to non-patrons is pretty standard in these games. There is no content available to patrons that isn't available to non-patrons. Patrons get a bit easier access to more of it in a single play-through (don't have to save and reload to get a re-roll), that's all. This seems to bother you, but you don't seem to be able to articulate why it is bad.
Having a back button or to be able to select multiple kinks are not "cheats" to me. One is a quality of life feature, the other is realism. I don't like big boobs so I can live without that.

Last edited:

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
For just 1 USD you can get the Patreon version...just pay a $1 if you have free cash. Then terminate the patron withdrawal if you don't want to further support it.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The "fact" that there are two different versions, one with "rewards", or "cheats" as you call it, and another without. The fact that these "rewards" determine what "content" is accessible in a single playthrough is literally the definition of "unavailability". By the way, "content" doesn't necessarily refer to the story events in the game, any piece of text/graphics, a choice based on a stat/ability/kink etc. are also content.
I think you need to look up the word "unavailable." See , for instance. Your claim about "literally the definition of 'unavailability'" is literally provably untrue. From the same source, "content" is defined as "the topics or matter treated in a written work" so the game engine, like the cover of a book, isn't considered content.

It was YOU who suggested that having a back button made the dice rolls "meaningless", not me. I don't even see that as a cheat.
The game is more than die rolls. I don't understand how you can contort my argument fact that die rolls are meaningless into your argument that the game is thus meaningless.

It's not possible to "acquire" kinks during the game. Some people, me for instance, have already suggested that, but it's not been implemented as far as I'm aware.
The hypnosis sessions can give kinks.

Let me give you a very simple example and then you decide which one is a restriction or not.

Rules:

1. Patron can go back 100 pages.
2. Freeloader can go back 1 pages.

The game indeed has similar rules which are controlled by a single variable in the source code and as you can guess, the value of that variable is different in the free and the patron version.
Those are both restrictions. Having different restrictions doesn't change what content is available, which was your original complaint.

Having a back button or to be able to select multiple kinks are not "cheats" to me. One is a quality of life feature, the other is realism. I don't like big boobs so I can live without that.
If your argument has now become that you disagree with me on the definition of the word "cheats," you've moved the goal posts so far that further interaction here seems pointless.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
We disagree. That's fine.

The fact that the Patreon version of the game and the free version are different bothers me. If it is features and not content it's the same thing to me. If you give money you get a different experiance, thus it is a paywall to me. If you want to draw the line another way, then go ahead. I'm not telling you what to do.

Also, it's not that I am entitled to the work, it's that I support games I like. I'm not buying access to a game, I am supporting a game. So when I play a game and it has things missing, I like the game less. I'm not telling people what to do, this is just my viewpoint. Do what you want, this deveopler needs money and deserves it.
Well said!
When I read this my first thought was, "You are a rational human being. What are you doing on the internet? I didn't think rational people were allowed here."

Reactions: Breezerr

Davkin

Aug 30, 2017
There should be the option of the MC having very little prior sexual experience prior to the mission. Right now it feels like the MC is somewhat a huge slut getting ready for a mission that involves a lot of sex.

D

Deleted member 800965

There should be the option of the MC having very little prior sexual experience prior to the mission. Right now it feels like the MC is somewhat a huge slut getting ready for a mission that involves a lot of sex.
Step 1: tick off the promiscuous kink (duh).
Step 2: first boyfriend - unavoidable, no virgins for you (probably dev's decision, and an understandable one)
Step 3: teen relationships - 0 is available
Step 4: Surval/gap year - 0 is available
Step 5: kink vignettes - only 1 is unavoidable and can be turned into a short one-night stand
Step 6: serious relationships in uni - 0 is available
Step 7: casual realtionships in uni - 3 or 4 is minimum, all can be customised as one-night stands. Moreover, you can click the option which will lead to Agent just sucking them off, no vaginal.
Step 8: realtionships during intelligence career - 0 is available across all years
Step 9: uni professors/station chief/embassy intern/etc. - all avoidable.
Conclusion: with the exception of Agent's first love, to whom she presumably loses her virginity, Agent can have 4-5 one night stands while in university and zero sex afterwards. Little player's input is required - just consistent role-playing. The guys she's going to sleep with in Scotland may very well be her partners #6, 7 and 8 respectively in her entire life, and #3 and 4 whom she's giving access to her vagina, with #1 being her first love. And she may be up to 30-yo up to that point.
If you wish for a complete virgin, say it bluntly. Otherwise - what is your concern?

Addendum: ticking the bisexual kink allows you to limit the amount of cocks being inside her to 1. One. The first one. You'll need to click "reload" for some time in order to make all one-night stands female, but that won't take you long. How can you have less experience (exclusively with men, though) than this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: L7Bear
3.50 star(s) 111 Votes