Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
errm... no. The suntan stuff was supposed to be done in one day last week - what he calls a 'polishing' day, on which he makes an existing part of the game better. It turned out to be a lot more work than he thought, so he's been working on it for the last 3 or 4 days.
tl;dr
This is NOT the update, just a quick side-project that got a bit out of hand.
Side project or not, this is something that was added to the game in LAST UPDATE!!!! The one released less than a month ago. The one that took months to complete.

D

Deleted member 800965

Yeah, you clearly don't understand how this stuff works; ten people complaining about something is a lot of people, when 99% of people aren't saying anything. A good rule of thumb is that what one person is saying, a dozen or more are thinking, and that 'more' can go into the hundreds in some cases.
Also in this particular case, over two hundred people voted in the suntan poll, and nobody commented 'it's fine like it is now'. That's a pretty strong mandate for making changes, if you ask me.
OK, OK, fine - an important fix. The issue is being dealt with, the poll is held, work is in progress. Why 4 days in a row? Why the urgency, again? Can't anyone wait? Will he grind the rest of the work to a halt at every mistake and uncanny addition when someone will be vocal about stuff? Isn't all this slow enough? What's the deal with saying "hey, imma be fixing bugs 1 day a week" when you spend any amount of time necessary to fix one in case it gets out of hand? And it's not even critical or something - just the wrong shade of tans.

Side project or not, this is something that was added to the game in LAST UPDATE!!!! The one released less than a month ago. The one that took months to complete.
Start getting used to it - all indications are that the artist is on a payroll (which is nice) and he/she keeps working all this time (which is even better) and the result is a steady stream of graphical content which will be inserted in the future. Hopefully it won't take as long as this stuff, but you can't really tempt fate here by saying "come on, how long is that going to take". Everything can take weeks here, even a set of copypasting commands.

Reactions: Crushstation

junkanon

Aug 13, 2016
Free (and Patreon) version has been uploaded to 1.5.1.06. Here's the link for the free version (image pack):

Changelog:

- UI improv: Suntans - Everybody hated the suntans we introduced in 1.5 ("Why does my agent look like a burned potato?" "She looks like a fry up"). Redrew all 983 suntan art files to get a bronzed backpacking babe look.
- UI improv: Menu - We revamped the start page (this page) and added a lot of new info!
- UI improv: Steady screen - We added code that prevents the page from scrolling back to the top when changing something during character creation!
- UI improv: Descriptions - We added a ton of random descriptions!
- UI improv: Customiser - We added more buttons to randomise your agent, as well as reintroduced the hairstyle names!
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where men could ignore leggings during sex (thanks tamwin5).
- Bugfix: Ensured that an agent wearing leggings removes them when she changes into a skirt (thanks Falloutbabe).

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
OK, OK, fine - an important fix. The issue is being dealt with, the poll is held, work is in progress. Why 4 days in a row? Why the urgency, again? Can't anyone wait? Will he grind the rest of the work to a halt at every mistake and uncanny addition when someone will be vocal about stuff? Isn't all this slow enough? What's the deal with saying "hey, imma be fixing bugs 1 day a week" when you spend any amount of time necessary to fix one in case it gets out of hand? And it's not even critical or something - just the wrong shade of tans.
Hey Ppsha! Yeah, this task got out of hand...it was so boring, and it took so long. On Friday it took me some time to refamiliarise myself with the way the suntans had been creäted – there were 983 .png files (with names like av-tanlines-olive-deeptan-bikini-lean-bra-34A and av-tanlines-olive-deeptan-toplesstan-lean-bra-34A), and a whole bunch of Illustrator layers that needed to be tweaked and recoloured – so once I was back in the groove I took the decision it was best to crack this in one go instead of spread it over several polishing days that were weeks apart.

It was really fucking boring, and I don't think I necessarily made the optimal choice, but it's done.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
How are your stories writen? I hope you work with vertical user stories or else the product you develop will never get complete. Your may loose patreons befor you are finished with this kind of management. The start was fine because you proved quality but now you have to show something more.
Hey nashorn95z, what do you mean by vertical user stories?

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Not to mention he's been so busy with this stuff he doesn't even show up on Discord, let alone here, which mostly takes away one of his main advantages - i.e. near-constant two-way communication with the fans. Not something Crush can afford to lose. Maybe falling Patreon income will bring him to his senses if he keeps locking himself away doing silly things with noone to challenge their silliness, IDK.
Don't bet on it, I'm working really hard on losing my main source of income so I can switch over to working on the game full time, so I obviously don't make sensible financial decisions :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: JasDoc

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I don't see this game going any other direction. Just bet on what non-update we're getting next! I feel like someone will cry about not being able to make an agent of their nationality which will lead to Crush adding options for every single nationality on Earth, which will make him rework and remake the entire intro scene (ETA: late 2020)
An Israeli origin is planned, but not scheduled. I am going to try to creäte a proper feature list so people can see the roadmap. (The challenge is, of course, finding the time to work on the roadmap.)

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
On a bright note, it looks like the sex engine as it stands is getting scrapped. Crush is currently busy creating a single custom-written scene with no bullet points (that large, at least) with the current plan to share it with the patrons and use it as a basis for replacing everything else if it proves to be good. Do visit this thread after New Year's to check on the progress, though. :(
Just to clarify, the current engine will be replaced by a series of custom-written scenes. So the backstage casting sex scene will have a different structure from the safehouse sex scenes, for instance.

Reactions: JasDoc

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
The most probable counterarguments include a) the fact that patreon pledged money is always very deceptive, since the receiver has to pay the Patreon 5% cut, Patreon transaction costs, the taxes, the artist, someone else busy with something else and god knows what else (also mind that the current $6k are a record-high - it was way less just several months ago, no telling how sustainable it is) and b) this tricky thing called artistic integrity. If you just dump the content written elsewhere by someone else into the game, what are the chances this content will fit thematically? That the main writer won't spend a comparable amount of time as Dr. Frankenstein, editing all these bits and pieces into something which may live? I doubt many of his supporters and/or ordinary fans would like to see an incoherent mess of a game written by 3/4/5 different people for the only reason of stable updates with tons of content. Freelancing may solve problems, but it's no magic wand, not to mention it costs. Whether such costs are acceptable are a question for the creator, which you can ask if you wish.
This is a very astute observation, and you're describing something I see as both a major challenge and a major opportunity for the game's development.

I would love to have a team of contributing writers – paid and/or passionate – who create new side quests, sex scenes, locations and NPCs for the agent to encounter while she's undercover in Bangkok. It would be great if I could divide my time between working on my own content, and editing contributions from others, so that Bangkok fills with content from dozens of minds, edited so the narrative tone feels consistent. Imagine that every time you fired up Female Agent there were new side quests and locations to check out. That's where I hope to get to.

Reactions: Sammy88 and JasDoc

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
An Israeli origin is planned, but not scheduled. I am going to try to creäte a proper feature list so people can see the roadmap. (The challenge is, of course, finding the time to work on the roadmap.)
That's almost a shame, given one suggestion I was thinking of making; I was thinking about if there might be more hypno content, and if so where that could fit in, and my first choice for an allied but rival intelligence agency that could compromise our agent would be Mossad.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Cool idea, Master of Puppets, how do you see it playing out? (Feel free to PM me if you wanna keep it classified.)
I figure they (whoever 'they' is) would drug her drink or something one Friday evening, give her some programming over the weekend, then after that they would give her some missions to do for them on the side. Maybe go to have her programming reinforced periodically too.

Reactions: dasflute2

TheLoneDalish

Nov 12, 2018
I have to ask, what's the point of giving us atribute points that you can't play the game if you choose them. I'm talking about the "Minimum +1 needed to be chosen for this mission". It's pretty pointless to keep those in the game in my opinion, you could at least do something with them, like some people rejecting you for having low Attractiveness points.

nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
I have to ask, what's the point of giving us atribute points that you can't play the game if you choose them. I'm talking about the "Minimum +1 needed to be chosen for this mission". It's pretty pointless to keep those in the game in my opinion, you could at least do something with them, like some people rejecting you for having low Attractiveness points.
I'd guess it's going to be possible to lose attributes at some point in the future.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

randomguy121

Mar 25, 2019
Is there a way to manipulate, influence or change the appearance and other characteristics of the female and male NPCs you encounter in the game? Or is it all just random?

3.50 star(s) 111 Votes