Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
Thinks that I felt I was missing during playthrough:
- Sex industry options during both part time job selection events, ideally including at least one high end choice like AV or actual prostitution (where it's legal).
- Higher number of sex partners cap for promiscuous PC (especially during later events that allow merely 3-4 per year including one night stands, I don't even) and consequences of going above certain threshold (reputation at school/uni, it coming up during recruitment/training, the like).
- Clit piercing and, if possible, nipple and nipple to clit chains.
- Being able to not have first love of any note.
- Being able to choose family members as partners during partner generation/selection and it triggering events.
- (Exhibitionism) and (Promiscuity) options during cheerleading events.

Would also probably call for a variant of recruitment with comments on how PC already has a lot of skills and experience that would be useful during the mission and some of the more vehement replies disabled.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
I have donate to get multiple traits? Sorry. Nocando. An extremely bad decision to force people to pay. One trait is never enough.
That is it finished for me. All pleasure gone. (n)
that should be too early.
For one thing, as a FtP, you also have the option of getting two kinks. You just have to agree with the Hypno. And with a little effort you can even choose the second kink.

On the other hand, and that is in all descriptions for the future, there will be the opportunity from Bangkok to "learn" new kinks.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Thinks that I felt I was missing during playthrough:
- Sex industry options during both part time job selection events, ideally including at least one high end choice like AV or actual prostitution (where it's legal).
It's about making Kate prostitute first and how far she gets involved. So that would be counterproductive.

- Higher number of sex partners cap for promiscuous PC (especially during later events that allow merely 3-4 per year including one night stands, I don't even) and consequences of going above certain threshold (reputation at school/uni, it coming up during recruitment/training, the like).
We had and there were pay out of about 100 encounters out of a 24 year old. Even now, numbers of about 60 encounters are possible and she is just not a prostitute who has to serve 10 men a day.

- Clit piercing and, if possible, nipple and nipple to clit chains.
Definitely for that and as there are also other regions planned for tattoos, the selection will definitely get bigger. Whether the nipple necklace but should be their first piecing, I dare to doubt.

- Being able to not have first love of any note.
Would be something unrealistic. According to her background, she is almost always the target of a conquest. Either by their good looks, their status or their clique affiliation.
She would have to be a strictly religious person who would not have to have sex before marriage - and therefore would not take on such a task as she would be required to do.

- Being able to choose family members as partners during partner generation/selection and it triggering events.
Incest contradicts the patreon rules and was therefore not installed, although often addressed. There has also been talked about the possibility of an Inc patch, but I do not know the current state. There are short snippets, I know a mention with the stepfather.

- (Exhibitionism) and (Promiscuity) options during cheerleading events.
If I were synonymous for it and had suggested it at some point. Would be currently but rather of lower priority.

also probably call for a variant of recruitment with comments on how PC already has a lot of skills and experience that would be useful during the mission and some of the more vehement replies disabled.
Also already proposed, but should also be currently of lower priority.

Generally, I would suggest you to drop by on Discord.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
It's about making Kate prostitute first and how far she gets involved. So that would be counterproductive.
Matter of perspective, I suppose. I played it more as adventure of an accomplished slut who found an unexpected calling, so I'd welcome an early start as it'd presumably mean greater breadth of fun options later on.
We had and there were pay out of about 100 encounters out of a 24 year old. Even now, numbers of about 60 encounters are possible and she is just not a prostitute who has to serve 10 men a day.
I mean, a somewhat extreme, but still plausible case would be to have no lasting relationships and end most of weekend recreation activities with a one night stand, which would amount to 40+ per year at a fairly relaxed pace. Even after paring it down to account for lasting relationships, a cap of 3 per year we see during some sections is a bit much.
Would be something unrealistic. According to her background, she is almost always the target of a conquest. Either by their good looks, their status or their clique affiliation.
She would have to be a strictly religious person who would not have to have sex before marriage - and therefore would not take on such a task as she would be required to do.
You lost me. What does religion and not having sex have to do with not having a first love? One just doesn't sometimes. Purely aesthetic choice in this case, unless more events are hitched to it later.

leotort

Jan 20, 2018
Occasionally I pop in here and glance at the changelog to see if we've hit Bangkok yet (we never have).

This most recent change I think exemplifies the problems inherent in the development of this game:
Everybody hated the suntans we introduced in 1.5. Redrew all 983 suntan art files to get a bronzed backpacking babe look.
OK so:
  1. Why are there 983 ??? suntan art files? I'm guessing for different combinations of clothing? That's ridiculous. There needs to be some measurement of how much time a feature is really worth. Some generic suntan art that matches certain types of clothing would have been fine. Nearly A THOUSAND suntan files is ridiculous.
  2. Is Crush telling us he doesn't have a way to make a slight adjustment to all these suntan files, and has to edit each and every one individually? That's bad development and design if that's the case. If I were working on a project, and I convinced myself I needed 983 suntan files, I'd program a script to define tan color, skin color, create some masks, and then run it to apply the colors for all the combinations I needed.
I mean it's like using magic numbers in programming code and not using variables, and then having to go through and change every number, instead of just making one change that propagates.

I just do not understand why so much time is being dedicated to parts of this game that ultimately don't really matter. This is the type of feature I would expect down the road as an added bonus to an already functional game. Instead, we're wasting time adding all these features instead of getting to the meat and potatoes of the game, Bangkok. And by the way, I'm sure having all these different interlocking parts of the game will make development of Bangkok that much slower, having to design around them and incorporate them.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Why are there 983 ??? suntan art files? I'm guessing for different combinations of clothing? That's ridiculous. There needs to be some measurement of how much time a feature is really worth. Some generic suntan art that matches certain types of clothing would have been fine. Nearly A THOUSAND suntan files is ridiculous.
  • 108 x suntanned abs (for all combinations of skin colour, body shape & breasts shape)
  • 110 x suntanned breasts (6 bra sizes, bra & no bra versions for each, 3 body shapes, 3 skin tones)
  • 234 x suntanned eyes (6 eye shapes, open & closed versions for each, 3 skin tones, various eye colours)
  • 24 x suntanned pairs of feet (various heel height shapes, 3 skin tones)
  • 3 x suntanned jaws (used for the open mouth "o face" expression)
  • 144 x suntanned mouths (6 mouth shapes, many expressions, 3 skin tones)
  • 18 x suntanned noses (6 nose shapes, 3 skin tones)
  • 108 x suntanned sideboobs (the rear view of the boobs)
  • 234 x suntanned bodies (different tanlines, breast sizes, body types, skin tones)
Is Crush telling us he doesn't have a way to make a slight adjustment to all these suntan files, and has to edit each and every one individually? That's bad development and design if that's the case. If I were working on a project, and I convinced myself I needed 983 suntan files, I'd program a script to define tan color, skin color, create some masks, and then run it to apply the colors for all the combinations I needed.
In this instance I did, because I used a new technique to get the improved suntan shade.

That stuff with the script sounds great, but I don't know how to do that. It sounds like you're a much better coder than I am. (I taught myself coding just for this project, I'm an amateur.)

I mean it's like using magic numbers in programming code and not using variables, and then having to go through and change every number, instead of just making one change that propagates.
But I do know how to use variables! :-D

I just do not understand why so much time is being dedicated to parts of this game that ultimately don't really matter. This is the type of feature I would expect down the road as an added bonus to an already functional game. Instead, we're wasting time adding all these features instead of getting to the meat and potatoes of the game, Bangkok. And by the way, I'm sure having all these different interlocking parts of the game will make development of Bangkok that much slower, having to design around them and incorporate them.
The feedback on the suntans was universally negative, so it had to be changed. The problem is that the suntan art affects some planned future avatar art (e.g. new faces, new makeup, new skin tones), so I wanted to get it done ASAP.

In general, the features that have been added (RPG system, character backstory creation, avatar upgrade) and the one that is currently being worked on (sex engine upgrade) are all required before I can make the Bangkok I want to make.

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
How does the f95zone Latest Updates feature work? Will a game automatically appear there once the OP is updated? Because I think a lot of people are misled by it (and got frustrated) thinking there is a major update while in reality it's only a small patch. Would be nice if you can set it to appear in Latest Updates only when there's a major update.

D

Deleted member 800965

How does the f95zone Latest Updates feature work?
Officially there was a clarification (if it can be called as such) just a couple weeks ago. Please visit this link for more:
https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2019-09-29.5589/
Also you can contact f95 staff for clarifications - at least some of them don't bite, and all of them shouldn't.
Personally I've voiced my amusement by this thing earlier. But it's a dilemma: you leave only major updates - you have to be satisfied with buggy initial versions if there are bugs (or search for later updates in the thread if there are good Samaritans who share those) and one of the devs' major promotion tool goes away. You update this stuff regularly - it's potential abuse of the Latest updates, lots of salt in the thread, but also lots of promotion and new patrons. And bug fixes and some improvements are generally nice if you keep returning to this game once in a while.
The main problem is that f95 general audience is... ahem... used to a (semi-)steady stream of content on a near-daily basis. Even after you clear all the japanese games, shitty games and stuff, it's probably weekly stream of nice content. And most other games deliver stuff in large chunks, bug-free or not. In comparison to them FA looks like a country redneck who took his tractor for a ride on an Interstate here and stops every 20 miles to fix some shit in order to proceed, hence all the salt. I genuinely wonder whether some kind of balance is achievable here, or whether it should be achieved: after all, a monthly update with some fixes doesn't do anyone any harm, haters gonna hate, patreons gonna pay, newbies gonna ask noob question and ordinary players will get updates, whether they like them, need them or care about them.

Reactions: greenp

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
that should be too early.
For one thing, as a FtP, you also have the option of getting two kinks. You just have to agree with the Hypno. And with a little effort you can even choose the second kink.

On the other hand, and that is in all descriptions for the future, there will be the opportunity from Bangkok to "learn" new kinks.
A load of ... sorry. We have not even reached Bangkok yet. Money greedy.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Money Greedy?
Even though I am referred to in the credits as a writer, I pay myself every month and that (with a short break) for 1.5 years.
Just as you accuse him of being greedy for money, in the same breath I could accuse you of being a parasite who wants everything, but does not give anything. But that would be an insult, so I'll leave that alone.

I know, nobody's going almost enough here. Everyone (myself included) would have liked to hold Bangkok in their hands yesterday. But just as the game has grown from the first version and has changed and been given a completely different game mechanic, access to Bangkok with 2 easy quest's would be a big disappointment for everyone.
Bangkok is to lead FA into the Open World. Ok, depending on the time of day, but it should be freely selectable, what the agent wants to pursue at what time. And in order to be able to present all this conclusively, the corresponding tools must be created in advance.
Clothing, body shapes, body changes (piercing, tattoo, doc), a working sex engine, social life, quest, side quest, friends, allies, enemies, permanent NPC (dealer, landlord, HCC girl, RedWa bat), variable NPC (HCC) Guests, tourists, ...)
When I explain to you yourself what you expect from bangkok and then think about what it all depends on, then you will already find that it goes fast for such a small team.

L.A. Noire - long awaited, 7 years development time
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - 7 years of development, just 4 years before there were first trailers
Team Fortress 2 took nine years to come
Diablo III development started in 2001 and appeared in 2012
Aliens: Colonial Marines lasted from 2001-2013 and eventually became a total flop because of the time lag
And Duke Nukem Forever? that takes 15 years.
All games have in common that massive content was missing and patched or sometimes heavily banned.

This is not to prepare you now for a waiting time of 7+ years, but there were dozens of developers with a million budget turn. Here are 7 people who do this in addition to their actual work.
That deserves respect and recognition and no blame. They deserve completely different games and developers.

Fredr

Sep 14, 2019
I don´t think is money greedy. It´s just the dev doesn´t have clear his priorities. He´s spending a lot of time and work in the system of avatars, something actually of minor importance since the schematic avatar never is going to be as good as a 3D image, but he´s forgeting the main part of a text-based game: the story. Sincerelly, I can´t care less about the suntan of the avatar, or the avatar itself.

takuya.aihara

Jul 21, 2019
v1.5.1.06

offline doesn't work.

. . .
Try clearing your browser cache, and allowing third party cookies.

I cannot reproduce this error on Windows 10 using these browsers when accessing the .html with the file:// protocol

Chrome 77.0.3865.90
Edge 79.0.287.3
Firefox 69.0.2
Opera 63.0.3368.94

However, with Brave 0.69.132 (Chromium: 77.0.3865.90) I get an error dialogue stating 'Error: no valid storage adapters found.'

Reactions: Mack Truck

Odin's Eye

Jan 17, 2018
Money Greedy?
Even though I am referred to in the credits as a writer, I pay myself every month and that (with a short break) for 1.5 years.
Just as you accuse him of being greedy for money, in the same breath I could accuse you of being a parasite who wants everything, but does not give anything. But that would be an insult, so I'll leave that alone.

I know, nobody's going almost enough here. Everyone (myself included) would have liked to hold Bangkok in their hands yesterday. But just as the game has grown from the first version and has changed and been given a completely different game mechanic, access to Bangkok with 2 easy quest's would be a big disappointment for everyone.
Bangkok is to lead FA into the Open World. Ok, depending on the time of day, but it should be freely selectable, what the agent wants to pursue at what time. And in order to be able to present all this conclusively, the corresponding tools must be created in advance.
Clothing, body shapes, body changes (piercing, tattoo, doc), a working sex engine, social life, quest, side quest, friends, allies, enemies, permanent NPC (dealer, landlord, HCC girl, RedWa bat), variable NPC (HCC) Guests, tourists, ...)
When I explain to you yourself what you expect from bangkok and then think about what it all depends on, then you will already find that it goes fast for such a small team.

L.A. Noire - long awaited, 7 years development time
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - 7 years of development, just 4 years before there were first trailers
Team Fortress 2 took nine years to come
Diablo III development started in 2001 and appeared in 2012
Aliens: Colonial Marines lasted from 2001-2013 and eventually became a total flop because of the time lag
And Duke Nukem Forever? that takes 15 years.
All games have in common that massive content was missing and patched or sometimes heavily banned.

This is not to prepare you now for a waiting time of 7+ years, but there were dozens of developers with a million budget turn. Here are 7 people who do this in addition to their actual work.
That deserves respect and recognition and no blame. They deserve completely different games and developers.
You are absolutely right. The problem comes from the way the game was set up from the beginning. The last time I played it there were a couple of small test hookups for our MC and then the "main" quest with Bankok being the entire focus for everything. Everything was being presented (whether it was the actual case or not) as being the setup up and prologue for Bankok. Bankok was the actual game. Bankok was the promise.

To use your AAA games as an example - It was the alpha to Metal Gear V: Ground Zeros which has been continuously updated and worked on with the promise of The Phantom Pain "coming soon." The big flaw was the promise of Bangkok from the very beginning. If the game was released with the open-world promise of Bangkok and had been steadily worked on in the same manner with that open-world area something the developer was secretly working on then I honestly don't think this game would have gotten the amount of flak it has.

I'm not saying everyone got sold a bill of goods, far from it. Just that the big promise came too soon when the developer and the game itself had a much longer road to get there than it was suggested. To put it in basic terms, it's like property developer showing the place to prospective buyers, getting interest and then admitting that the surveys haven't been done nor even the foundation built, let alone the property being there to move in to.

It's a learning experience for all potential developers. If there's a giant part of a game that you want to do but will need build-up time before you can make it happen, the last thing you should ever do is promise it. Better for something like that to be a great surprise than a constant "we want it now!" weight around the game's neck.

Mack Truck

Jul 22, 2017
Try clearing your browser cache, and allowing third party cookies.

I cannot reproduce this error on Windows 10 using these browsers when accessing the .html with the file:// protocol

Chrome 77.0.3865.90
Edge 79.0.287.3
Firefox 69.0.2
Opera 63.0.3368.94

However, with Brave 0.69.132 (Chromium: 77.0.3865.90) I get an error dialogue stating 'Error: no valid storage adapters found.'
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I'll clear browser cache and check. YOU sir are a scholar and a genius! Thanks that worked!

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
Yeah, I don't like at all how the developper does his thing. Locking game features behind a paywall? That's just scummy. I would've preferred if he did like everyone else and made public post of the full game without features missing every 2-3 months and giving patreon early access to updates. I prefer to actually pay if I actually want to support the project, rather than being forced to pay to get the full experience.

3.50 star(s) 111 Votes