Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
Yeah: appears to be down. Therefore, no images...
When things like this happen, it usually doesn't bode well for the game.
Hopefully the developer will fix this issue and continue to make progress with his game.

But I'm also not going to be surprised if the game disappears into oblivion...

Reactions: Stardust435

Sith1ord

Sep 30, 2017
there's a line of code to shift it between image pack and server-based images at line 40144-40147, but they changed the image paths sufficiently that swapping $imagePath to the pack for 1.5.1.06 only fixes about 80-90% of the images

junkanon

Aug 13, 2016
According to the Patreon page, it's been confirmed by the hosting company that Female Agent is being targeted with a DDoS attack.

I just want to know why. I wanted to play 1.6 with images, you know. Seeing my Kate. Watching her being harassed.

Reactions: PinkBishop

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I wonder if it doesn't make more sense to just have the game link to a downloadable image folder like earlier versions to completely circumvent issues like this in future? I realize it might give the developer less control over changing images on a whim and having them instantly reflected in the game, but at least people could continue to play the game without it being largely unplayable.
It seems too easy though, so maybe I'm just not seeing the bigger, more important picture here.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
I wonder if it doesn't make more sense to just have the game link to a downloadable image folder like earlier versions to completely circumvent issues like this in future? I realize it might give the developer less control over changing images on a whim and having them instantly reflected in the game, but at least people could continue to play the game without it being largely unplayable.
It seems too easy though, so maybe I'm just not seeing the bigger, more important picture here.
It would seem the developers wanted a small file size for downloading, and the easiest way to do that is not to include images.
But with the DDoS attack on their site I think they should just start including the image pack with the file.

I wonder who the hate-filled person(s) are attacking their site.

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
It would seem the developers wanted a small file size for downloading, and the easiest way to do that is not to include images.
But with the DDoS attack on their site I think they should just start including the image pack with the file.

Are you sure? Are you saying that downloading them directly is somehow less efficient than downloading them to browser cache and redownloading them every time you clean history? What weights more 1kg of feather or 1kg of stone? It would have sanse if he updated game more frequently but as all we know that is not even imaginable.

My guess for reason could be it is inefficient way of tracking interest.
Or ground work for some drm measure. Doubtful.
But my bet would be simple laziness/convenience, his not audience.

Last edited:

PinkBishop

Oct 29, 2017

A male teen with anger tantrums mixed with covid19 cabin fever should be enough I guess?

Prawnboy99

Jul 21, 2018
Seems images are still down, we really need that image pack. It's been a couple days now since I downloaded it, yet still can't enjoy it.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes