Gokkun Fan

Sep 9, 2018
Yes, they are cheats in this game.
Even with cheats, the game is so. tedious.
How is clicking same option 20 times pass time during "working" fun?
What the fuck is the point of making gamer feel tedium?
Does not gamer play because working at shitty dead end job less fun than gaming?
FemLife is a game that shows the life of a girl, and also such a simulator of becoming a slut. This is what it is. These options do not bother me at all, they add realism. I like to wash the heroine's hair, change her clothes, and so on. If I don't feel like doing certain activities, I play with cheats. It's just a game where certain activities are repetitive.

Reactions: ustar

Gokkun Fan

Sep 9, 2018
Too bad the protagonist is not a man, I would have definitely played it, I don't like female protagonists, simply because I identify with the character (and I don't think I'm the only one). I think it's a good game, too bad about the choice to use a female protagonist.
My girlfriend and I like FemLife a lot because it's played as a woman. I will add that it is very attractive :) The developer hit the bull's eye :)

Reactions: ustar and Traktor23

Traktor23

Aug 18, 2019
My girlfriend and I like FemLife a lot because it's played as a woman. I will add that it is very attractive :) The developer hit the bull's eye :)
In fact, I did not criticize the game, it might be fun to play, but I in each of these games, I identify with the character, and being a man, I could never do that playing as a woman. I see that you don't empathize the way I do (this also applies to regular games on Pc and consoles, where the main character is a man).

SpeakSoftly

Mar 11, 2022
In fact, I did not criticize the game, it might be fun to play, but I in each of these games, I identify with the character, and being a man, I could never do that playing as a woman. I see that you don't empathize the way I do (this also applies to regular games on Pc and consoles, where the main character is a man).
There was a survey in 2020 that found almost a third of male gamers prefer to play a female character:

Have to admit I'm one of them. In Skyrim, Fallout, hell even in Minecraft I'll always pick a female character over a male.

Dr_Lexus

May 2, 2021
Even with cheats, the game is so. tedious.
How is clicking same option 20 times pass time during "working" fun?
A little trick for those working sessions:
Press Enter or Return on your Keyboard while hovering your Mouse Cursor over the action you have/want to perform. Now move the Mouse slightly. Keep Enter/Return pressed while moving the mouse slightly and it forwards quickly through the scene.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Not sure why I'm having such a problem. Eating twice a day, before and after work, and I starve to death. Using the cheat for no hunger and I also still starve to death.

Traktor23

Aug 18, 2019
There was a survey in 2020 that found almost a third of male gamers prefer to play a female character:

Have to admit I'm one of them. In Skyrim, Fallout, hell even in Minecraft I'll always pick a female character over a male.
Okay, but I'm out of those surveys, it doesn't mean anything a survey, many people identify with a video game character. Fallout series? Elder Scroll series, I always chose a male character, even for other RPGs. Cyberpunk? i played it with male character. The new and revamped Saint Row will be released on August 22 (it promises to be a great game), I will play with a male character. Only one game I had to use the female character, Horizon Zero Dawn, in fact I abandoned it after 3 days, nice game, but I couldn't get any emotion out of it. I when I play the game I become one with the story and the exploits of the main character, is this gives me a thousand different kinds of emotions, I live the game. I'll tell you more, when I die I would like my soul to be translated for eternity into these Cgi VN and Renpy games, I would like to be the eternal main character, maybe I'm crazy?? I don't know, but I also experience these games this way.

EvilReFlex

Nov 27, 2018
This game is bugged as hell, bought items do not get into the inventory, eating brings nothing... i always die of starvation because of this.

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
yes there are bugs, the developer corrects them. Everything should work fine in the next version.
Bugs like pathing errors ? Because there are paths that either don't exist in this game or are copied/pasted without checking, I've looked at the coding. He's not taking the time to test the game himself before releasing it.

Gokkun Fan

Sep 9, 2018
I think that Violetta developer will draw conclusions due to the game bug related to the refreshing bar refreshing and dying.

The developer will do a great and very time-consuming job. I respect him for that, because there is no other game like this. I think there will be much less bugs in future updates.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Okay, but I'm out of those surveys, it doesn't mean anything a survey, many people identify with a video game character. Fallout series? Elder Scroll series, I always chose a male character, even for other RPGs. Cyberpunk? i played it with male character. The new and revamped Saint Row will be released on August 22 (it promises to be a great game), I will play with a male character. Only one game I had to use the female character, Horizon Zero Dawn, in fact I abandoned it after 3 days, nice game, but I couldn't get any emotion out of it. I when I play the game I become one with the story and the exploits of the main character, is this gives me a thousand different kinds of emotions, I live the game. I'll tell you more, when I die I would like my soul to be translated for eternity into these Cgi VN and Renpy games, I would like to be the eternal main character, maybe I'm crazy?? I don't know, but I also experience these games this way.
The survey tells everything. You are within those 2/3 of males that play only male characters, you misunderstood the survey.
But still 1/3 is a lot even if you don't count for this. I'm male that likes to roleplay something else, especially female characters.
If you don't like it, then just don't. Nobody force you to do so. BTW: you have some female on your avatar, so maybe you are not so male male as you say?
I have read this survey and it has interesting results: females usually play only female characters, rarely choosing male (so it's no point in making male character for girl game) and only males likes to play as females (1/3 is huge enough to make female character available for male game).

Last edited:

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Thanks to Seyhtan31, I'm trying to improve the game a little bit with the QGen editor. I've managed to create a new cheat for the kickboxing skill, adding +10 per click and I'm trying to see if there's any pathing errors made. I've found some in the prostitution sex scenes. I don't know if I can improve it a whole lot though, I haven't done IT (coding) for a very long time so I can't guarantee if it'll work.
If you find anything (bug or improvement), then it's better to tell about it to developer rather than fixing yourself.
Unless you want to make changes with every version, since the game is work in progress and unfinished (even with version 8 came a lot of changes that broke previously working game mechanics that existed up to 7.x).
And developer does not exist on this forum from what I can see.

Reactions: Gokkun Fan

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021

I am in.
There is a certain fascination about being a women.
Of course, in sex games, you experience first hand everything. Abuse, love, whatever comes around.
If you are a male, and you play as a male, you will be getting a one way experience. In a game you can, in theory, experience the opposite. Like you, i played most games, if possible, as a female. Bethesda games, Mass Effect but also others.
Then came modding. And yes, i really loved it.
With sex games, its a little more difficult since i want to experience certain scenarios. This maybe not a turn on for everyone. But i think you appreciate being a female a little more.
I always admired females. They get better cloths, makeup, attention. Or the opposite, the ugly side off life.
So yes, i usually play as female as well. In most games i like to be the female hero that defeats them all. And look sexy.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I am in.
There is a certain fascination about being a women.
Of course, in sex games, you experience first hand everything. Abuse, love, whatever comes around.
If you are a male, and you play as a male, you will be getting a one way experience. In a game you can, in theory, experience the opposite. Like you, i played most games, if possible, as a female. Bethesda games, Mass Effect but also others.
Then came modding. And yes, i really loved it.
With sex games, its a little more difficult since i want to experience certain scenarios. This maybe not a turn on for everyone. But i think you appreciate being a female a little more.
I always admired females. They get better cloths, makeup, attention. Or the opposite, the ugly side off life.
So yes, i usually play as female as well. In most games i like to be the female hero that defeats them all. And look sexy.
There is one more thing that beats VN in general. If playing as a female character in Bethesda games you can (applies to Sims as well) dress as what you want. This is one feature i really miss. That is why this VN is actually pretty good. You can dress you character in a certain way, put make up on etc..
I think, if it were possible, it would make a game you if you had that option. Of course this is not possible. There was one game, where you be able to dress your women with a small selection (Tyrant) but thats about it.
So i have to rely on the dev to have the females appearance in line with my desires. Some shoes look to me ugly for example. I think i am nitpicking but it does matter some times.
Anyway, since this is not possible in these kind of games, i am ok with it.
That is why this game is actually really special. It lets you create you, how you want to be. In a way. I haven't touch the game in awhile so i am not sure if something changed. But i like the way it was.

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
If you find anything (bug or improvement), then it's better to tell about it to developer rather than fixing yourself.
Unless you want to make changes with every version, since the game is work in progress and unfinished (even with version 8 came a lot of changes that broke previously working game mechanics that existed up to 7.x).
I've contacted him just now, I made sure to explain everything. We'll see if he responds and just making it clear, it's not my intention to make improvements behind his back.

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
Here's his response. On one hand, I get it, his specs prevent him from coding the game properly but on the other, that doesn't really mean he needs to rush it. As long as he manages to make everything work as intended, that's fine by me.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Here's his response. On one hand, I get it, his specs prevent him from coding the game properly but on the other, that doesn't really mean he needs to rush it. As long as he manages to make everything work as intended, that's fine by me.
I hope your fixes will be useful for him. Thanks for report. Now I get it too after reading this, so it is a good explanation.
The thing is that those renders are probably the best and also unique part of this game.
Also, graphic card market went insane thanks to crypto miners, so tough luck if need to do a lot of creation work.

Reactions: JD59

Traktor23

Aug 18, 2019
I'm male that likes to roleplay something else, especially female characters.
If you don't like it, then just don't. Nobody force you to do so. BTW: you have some female on your avatar, so maybe you are not so male male as you say?
What a stupid thing to compare the avatar with choosing not to play with female characters. I am simply a man who likes to flirt, love and fuck women, but also to have them as friends, I don't know what it has to do with not wanting to play with female character. You like to play with them? fine. I don't understand why make an issue out of it. It's not like I'm judging those who want to play differently from me, I for example hate NTR games(and where it can't be turned off), but I don't make an issue if others play it, their business.

3.70 star(s) 29 Votes