TheUnknownPerson

Nov 16, 2017
my intuition leads me to suspect that a windows update broke the game
Indeed, the May 2020 update broke the game, according to the developer.
The developer has supplied updated files to fix the issue, but only for the games that haven't been localized (AFAIK, anyways)...
If you have un-localized games from them, visit their support page. There they have the files neccesary to fix some games.
Link:

beckytwom

Dec 1, 2019
Indeed, the May 2020 update broke the game, according to the developer.
The developer has supplied updated files to fix the issue, but only for the games that haven't been localized (AFAIK, anyways)...
If you have un-localized games from them, visit their support page. There they have the files neccesary to fix some games.
Link:
To find out which link to use, use google translate to translate rinne to japanese and find the word in the website using the search(control f). It will pinpoint which link to use.

Edit: Nvm lol it puts everything back into japanese.
Edit Edit: Somehow it works now, and its in english. No idea how it happened. I was originally going to delete it, but it prevented me from deleting some of the files because it said you cannot delete when something when it is active. I then was like, oh well I'll give it a try again and see if the lagginess is playable or not. I then extracted the file again, and it asked me if i wanted to replace all the files. I clicked yes to all, and then... it worked... somehow.

Edit Edit Edit: Figured out how to fix, so weird though. After using the website given above to fix the delay, you end up with japanese instead of english. To fix this, click on new the new .exe, then after delete everything inside the folder. Some files inside the folder will not be deleted, this is intentional. Then extract the original game(the one posted in this thread(with english translation)) into the "deleted folder", if you are using 7zip, you just need to do extract, it will automatically put the files into the "deleted folder". Enter the folder and click the old .exe, and viola fixed. I know what I am saying is somewhat confusing, if anyone has any question, ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: kemper1975

R4RED

Apr 21, 2018
Oh cool they fixed the English version. Link to the fix
Just what I was looking for.
Good news it loads so fast now!
Bad news: I have to do everything all over again. All saves before the fix are obsolete! But it's better than waiting for the game to load!

Last edited:

APonderingWhat

Formerly 'KaiserKei'
Jun 24, 2017
Does the fix delete your saves? I think that's what the Japanese notification box was trying to save, but I couldn't start up the program without saying yes. But now, all my saves are gone. Does anyone have a full save cause I rather not grind through the entire VN again just to see particular scenes?

Frogger12345

Sep 5, 2021
That worked, thanks! It seems other valkyria games sometimes have this issue too. Windows 10 issue still. Download the patch above and follow the instructions. Pretty much just copy the files into the game folder and overwrite and it should work.

RabbitBitesTheDust

Sep 6, 2020
That worked, thanks! It seems other valkyria games sometimes have this issue too. Windows 10 issue still. Download the patch above and follow the instructions. Pretty much just copy the files into the game folder and overwrite and it should work.
Sorry but I'm kind of slow, if you could, can I have a step by step on how to set it up?