~Void~

Aug 3, 2023
Got a problem with the bugfix:
For some reason I cant create new saves after downloading the latest build or rather they arent recognized.
It's still possible to save by overwriting my already existing savestates. I looked into the save folder and the made saves seem to exist but any saves past 'save 49' are not shown and available when playing the game itself. My best guess is that the new save game cap actually stops at 49 for some reason.
Any advice/help?
P.S.: I love the game and vibe with it's vibe. Great job Jorogr (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomStranger

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
For some reason I cant create new saves after downloading the latest build or rather they arent recognized.
It's still possible to save by overwriting my already existing savestates. I looked into the save folder and the made saves seem to exist but any saves past 'save 49' are not shown and available when playing the game itself. My best guess is that the new save game cap actually stops at 49 for some reason.
Any advice/help?
Hello, thank you for the message. This bug was reported a few pages back, so I've looked at it, fixed it, and it will be in an upcoming patch to fix this along with a handful of other issues that were found.

Despite bumping up the Max Saves setting in Adventure Creator to 1024 and taking it on faith that it would, in fact, allow up to 1024 save games, I didn't test to make sure it would go up that high, and only tested a few past 32 (or whatever the previous limit was).

I did discover that the AC SaveSystem code has an internal MaxSaves getter that returns a hard limit of 50. I bumped this up to 1024 to match what I put into the AC Save Settings and it seems to work much better now, although I haven't (and won't) test all the way up to 1024.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomStranger

wolvovic

Dec 29, 2020
Any advice/help?
Is that a problem ? Why so many saves and what's stopping you from deleting the first saves. It's called: "a problem out of nothing". ))

Reactions: JorogrArt

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Is that a problem ? Why so many saves and what's stopping you from deleting the first saves. It's called: "a problem out of nothing". ))
I'm personally with you on this. I have maybe 2 saves max, but as the dev I always treat my saves as "contaminated" and therefore none of MY saves are beyond destruction on a whim.

However, I have come to understand the "lots of saves" point of view. There are a LOT of players that want to revisit the various "story beats" in the game that aren't captured in the Spank Bank. For example, the pre-handjob stuff with Meredith on the couch (even though I personally think it was hastily drawn and needs improvement), the dialogue might be perceived as particularly hot, so you'd want a save game at that point to revisit that moment.

I've fixed this issue and it will be in an upcoming patch.

Here are the "proposed" changelog notes for the upcoming patch:

Version 0.4.0.2 Changelog [PROPOSED HOTFIX]
Major Bugs

• Fixed a bug where the game could sometimes permanently think it's snowing (even though it visibly is not), preventing some users from ever seeing the Meredith back yard lounging scene.
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to trick Meredith's portrait in the kitchen to play a wedding dress scene after the initial wedding dress scene in the attic.
  • Dirty Talk II now works during Aunt Irene's sex scene during the "Screwing" stage.
  • Fixed a bug where it was impossible to ask Scott about "Endeavors" under certain circumstances, making it impossible to bring Caydence back to 1985.
  • There is apparently a way to escape Aunt Irene's house after giving her the jazz/reefer without her taking her top off. I've added an "I changed my mind. Let's see em!" option to her Chablis dialogue tree to rescue the game from being in a dead end.

Minor Bugs
  • Fixed a bug where the save game increase to 1024 wasn't going past 50 saves due to an internal hard-coded value in Adventure Creator.
Gameplay Improvements
  • Aunt Irene's sprite rig will have forward and back-facing sprites instead of just left and right.
  • MC's computer interface has been redesigned to use Tilemaps to achieve the 80x25 ANSI terminal effect.
    Dialing from MC's CommPost interface now shows a dialing window and plays era-appropriate sound effects.

Last edited:

~Void~

Aug 3, 2023
Hello, thank you for the message. This bug was reported a few pages back, so I've looked at it, fixed it, and it will be in an upcoming patch to fix this along with a handful of other issues that were found.

Despite bumping up the Max Saves setting in Adventure Creator to 1024 and taking it on faith that it would, in fact, allow up to 1024 save games, I didn't test to make sure it would go up that high, and only tested a few past 32 (or whatever the previous limit was).

I did discover that the AC SaveSystem code has an internal MaxSaves getter that returns a hard limit of 50. I bumped this up to 1024 to match what I put into the AC Save Settings and it seems to work much better now, although I haven't (and won't) test all the way up to 1024.

Cheers!
thx for the quick response and my bad. Could have had a quick look in the thread before reporting.

Love the game, you are doing great ^^

Last edited:

~Void~

Aug 3, 2023
If there is a limited amount of available saves to be made I wont complain. It is after all the limit. When the previous cap existed I overwrote my previous saves, simple as that. I tend to save a lot for various reasons such as revisiting certain bits of the story but if there is a cap i wont complain. So the problem I adressed isnt really in regards to a limited amount of saves but that the devs intended improvement wasnt completly implemented as stated and I simply adressed that.
No hard feelings. Just felt like I should convey my intentions properly.

Last edited:

asko06

Feb 25, 2021
Five of a Kind v0.4.0.2 [HOTFIX]

PC(x64):

PC(x32):

MacOS:

Notes
  • This patch is primarily to fix bugs that were found.
  • You'll notice these ZIP files are about 15-20 megs lighter than previous versions. This update includes a much-needed technical redesign of MC's computer interface to facilitate new screens that are needed for Brooke's upcoming route.
  • Aunt Irene will now walk in all four directions when wandering around her bedroom instead of just left/right.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Five of a Kind v0.4.0.2 [HOTFIX]

PC(x64): Mega

PC(x32): Mega

MacOS: Mega

Notes
  • This patch is primarily to fix bugs that were found.
  • You'll notice these ZIP files are about 15-20 megs lighter than previous versions. This update includes a much-needed technical redesign of MC's computer interface to facilitate new screens that are needed for Brooke's upcoming route.
  • Aunt Irene will now walk in all four directions when wandering around her bedroom instead of just left/right.
At least include the full changelog:

Changelog
Major Bugs
  • Fixed a bug where the game could sometimes permanently think it's snowing (even though it visibly is not), preventing some users from ever seeing the Meredith back yard lounging scene.
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to trick Meredith's portrait in the kitchen to play a wedding dress scene after the initial wedding dress scene in the attic.
  • Dirty Talk II now works during Aunt Irene's sex scene during the screwing stage.
  • Fixed a bug where it was impossible to ask Scott about "Endeavors" under certain circumstances, making it impossible to bring Caydence back to 1985.
  • There is apparently a way to escape Aunt Irene's house after giving her the jazz/reefer without her taking her top off. I've added an "I changed my mind. Let's see em!" option to her Chablis dialogue tree to rescue the game from being in a dead end.

Minor Bugs
  • Fixed a bug where the save game increase to 1024 wasn't going past 50 saves due to an internal hard-coded value in Adventure Creator.
  • If you've managed to get out of Irene's house after giving her the Jazz/"Oregano" without Irene taking her top off, the quest journal will give a proper hint for that situation.
  • You will no longer get bogus "You Lost Your Virginity!" popups if you've already lost it to another character.
  • Lucy's Journal Page will now give a note that she was the one who took MC's virginity (similar to the way Irene's does).

Gameplay Improvements
  • Aunt Irene's sprite rig will have forward and back-facing sprites instead of just left and right.
  • MC's computer interface PTree & CommPost screens have been redesigned to use Tilemaps to achieve the 80x25 ANSI terminal effect.

what is this missing content that has been fixed ? how do i get the scene of meredith in the backyard with bathing suit
There was a bug in 0.4.0.1 where the game could mistakenly think it's snowing, preventing some players from being able to find Meredith in the back yard on weekends. This was fixed in v0.4.0.2.

Mirso

Apr 1, 2019
At least include the full changelog:

Changelog
Major Bugs
  • Dirty Talk II now works during Aunt Irene's sex scene during the screwing stage.

Minor Bugs
  • If you've managed to get out of Irene's house after giving her the Jazz/"Oregano" without Irene taking her top off, the quest journal will give a proper hint for that situation.
  • You will no longer get bogus "You Lost Your Virginity!" popups if you've already lost it to another character.
  • Lucy's Journal Page will now give a note that she was the one who took MC's virginity (similar to the way Irene's does).

Gameplay Improvements
  • MC's computer interface PTree & CommPost screens have been redesigned to use Tilemaps to achieve the 80x25 ANSI terminal effect.

There was a bug in 0.4.0.1 where the game could mistakenly think it's snowing, preventing some players from being able to find Meredith in the back yard on weekends. This was fixed in v0.4.0.2.
did u fix the stock drinking bugg as well

dosrando

Apr 26, 2020
So this is a little thing but... Meredith is at least as tall as the MC is, yet in her bio it says she's 5'7 and MC is 6'0. Jorogr can you just edit it so that Meredith is 6'0 too?

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm into taller women of course... just striving for consistency ;):love:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
So this is a little thing but... Meredith is at least as tall as the MC is, yet in her bio it says she's 5'7 and MC is 6'0. Jorogr can you just edit it so that Meredith is 6'0 too?

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm into taller women of course... just striving for consistency ;):love:
I agree. I will take a look at it. For the most part, in the dialogue shots, the characters are going to appear to be the same-ish height, regardless of their stated height in their bio in order to simplify having the eye lines (somewhat) match up. Otherwise, you have the problem of having the character on one side seeming to stare at the other's neck.

That said, 5'7 is too short for Meredith and increase her stated height. MC probably doesn't need to be listed as 6'0.

Cheers!

dosrando

Apr 26, 2020
I agree. I will take a look at it. For the most part, in the dialogue shots, the characters are going to appear to be the same-ish height, regardless of their stated height in their bio in order to simplify having the eye lines (somewhat) match up. Otherwise, you have the problem of having the character on one side seeming to stare at the other's neck.

That said, 5'7 is too short for Meredith and increase her stated height. MC probably doesn't need to be listed as 6'0.

Cheers!
Totally fair enough! You're creating a masterpiece and I appreciate you taking the time to reply :)

MrFrenchy16

Oct 5, 2017
i don't think it's a bug or glitch but just know that progressing to far in the Charlotte storyline without completing Brooke or Meredith story will lead to not being able to complete them (at least for now i hope)...i was ready to return to Brooke after changing her grades but when i entered her room it showed the cutscene of here and Charlotte arguing and now Brooke is never home and i can't continue her quest line,i also miss out on the haircut with Meredith for some reason. (Gonna probably do another playthrough anyways when another patch comes out,i just thought i'd give my 2 cents)

Nevermind, apparently she's there at Night now instead of afternoon/Evening

Great Game, Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Ntrsugar
4.40 star(s) 84 Votes