Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
You need to click 3 times until the mc says he feels brave. but only at night, then go to the basement and try to go where the ghost is, you need to try a couple of times until he manage to go where she is.
1 time is happy, 2 times is brave, 3 times is angry and you pass out, and this can be done in the evening as well

Reactions: JorogrArt

matrix2

Mar 15, 2019
i don
You need to click 3 times until the mc says he feels brave. but only at night, then go to the basement and try to go where the ghost is, you need to try a couple of times until he manage to go where she is.
Also is a good idea to pick up the rose at the front of the house and give it to her, so you can talk with her.
i done it thanks alot but now saying lucy need some time to process the new information what should i do now ?

Thatguy007

Jul 20, 2017
So I gave a foot massage to the mom and after the pc got embarrased now all it says when I check her info is to "wait for it". Well, I have waited for days so am I supposed to go somewhere at a certain time of day to trigger the next event?

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
she's gone
skip days again and she will show up at night, make sure you got the shovel and dig in that dirt spot in the back yard, you will dig up an item you will need

So I gave a foot massage to the mom and after the pc got embarrased now all it says when I check her info is to "wait for it". Well, I have waited for days so am I supposed to go somewhere at a certain time of day to trigger the next event?
try the kitchen in the morning

Danaelfer

Jun 15, 2017
Also don't for get to check the mailbox.

matrix2

Mar 15, 2019
skip days again and she will show up at night, make sure you got the shovel and dig in that dirt spot in the back yard, you will dig up an item you will need

try the kitchen in the morning
when she gone that mean i mean finished the game ?

Thatguy007

Jul 20, 2017
Also don't for get to check the mailbox.
The mailbox is empty and nothing happens in the kitchen. The mom is there with the usual dialog options... I'll try to go through the dialog options but if I am missing something else let me know.

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
The mailbox is empty and nothing happens in the kitchen. The mom is there with the usual dialog options... I'll try to go through the dialog options but if I am missing something else let me know.
did nicole come to your window twice?

Danaelfer

Jun 15, 2017
Also go to your room time to time, some events are triggered when you got here and sleep in your bed.

Reactions: Thatguy007

aderpofni

Sep 12, 2018
Surprisingly good start for a point and click adventure game!

Nice art, good first few characters, simple cozy story, no waiting for the naughty bits, and good interactivity.

Gameplay is a little clunky and slow, but it sounds like the dev is aware and will work to fix it. Speeding movement up a bit, pausing before skipping dialogue on click, some kind of icon for interactable objects in the world, and a bit better flow for quests / hints and this game is well on it's way to being great.

Off to a much better start than life in woodchester.

Get your subscribestar page up and running JorogrArt, people will throw their money at you!

Thatguy007

Jul 20, 2017
Yes Nicole came twice with the last visit having her mention how you can show your appreciation. I have also been in my room and slept in my bed multiple times. Maybe I hit a bug unless I somehow missed something you guys haven't mentioned yet. I guess I could try a new game...

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
can u tell how i can turn up the heat with the new ethereal playmate ?
that i haven't figured out yet

Yes Nicole came twice with the last visit having her mention how you can show your appreciation. I have also been in my room and slept in my bed multiple times. Maybe I hit a bug unless I somehow missed something you guys haven't mentioned yet. I guess I could try a new game...
doing a new game to check all the wait ones

Reactions: Thatguy007

Danaelfer

Jun 15, 2017
I'm sure at this point is where you have to check the mail box where you get the quest that lead to the hj.
Did you get the 2 scenes where the mother is talking with Esmeralda?

Jerk628

May 24, 2018
Wow! I didn't expect this much reaction this quickly. This is my first game and what I was most worried about was some embarrassing, crippling bug that needed a hotfix (although I'm sure one of those does exist). I've aggregated what seem to be the most asked questions and tried to answer as many as I can:

1. How much content is there?

An honest assessment of the content in this demo:
* Only two character have any in depth content, the mom and a secret bonus character (not the sister)
* The mom has four "reward" scenes which are animated. The secret bonus character has one.
* Only one location (the home) which you are confined to for now. There are 11 indoor+outdoor "rooms" (not counting closeups)
* The sister doesn't have any puzzles to solve, but if you check her room in the afternoon/evening, you'll see some different configurations of her and her two friends. Occasionally, you can catch her in the shower in the evening.
* It would take me about 25 minutes to speed run the mom's story, about 10 minutes for the secret bonus character. No other character has any in depth content to make a walkthrough for.
* 5,000 lines of dialogue, although a lot of that is messages from looking/talking/using random objects.

2. Text is too slow, character walks too slow, fast travel, why does mc walk over to a hotspot

There is not a way to adjust the text speed, but that will be prioritized.
I will make it so you can double click to have MC move at run speed. I will also consider other quality-of-life improvements suggested to make the expreience less of a chore.

3. Walkthrough?

I'm in the process of putting together a walkthrough for the Mom (who has by far the most content) and will post it probably in this thread with spoiler tags. View attachment 1331825

4. Can we get a preview of the sister?

She is featured in the banner in the OP. I've attached a preview of what she looks like (although I've gotta fix those hands).

The sister doesn't have much content yet, but you can catch her in the afternoon and evening hanging out in her bedroom with some configuration of her two friends, Marie and Jasmine. Occasionally, you can catch her in the shower in the evenings.

I've attached a preview, and her
5. What does Filth Level do?

It doesn't do anything (important) and will be removed next patch.

6. Not enough Empathy, but I can't seem to figure out how to raise empathy or courage.

The courage puzzle is probably way too obtuse and needs to be made less annoying. Courage can come in liquid form, and is time-of-day dependent.

As far as Empathy, there are two things you need to do. One is to find the mom asleep in the kitchen in the morning (should be pretty easy). The other is hinted at in your Journal (the Trapper keeper menu) under Contacts. The hint for the Mom should say "Your room is so messy!" That's your hint. You need to clean your room.

7. Will we be able to impregnate the mother or sister?

That is planned, but will be a while.

8. Animations are too long.

Fair enough. I will take a look at this.

9. Skipped Tutorial and ended up being confused.

I will earnestly take all of these comments about being confused about how to even work the game under consideration and try to explain the UI better.

10. Love the art!

I'm honestly shocked that people are saying this. I imagined it would be seen as one of the weaker parts of the game, but I guess the consensus must be that the story, music, and dialogue all suck by comparison. :p View attachment 1331825
Speaking of bugs, I just read the newspapers in the corridor and the game froze.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Character keeps getting stuck after reading the newspaper for job listings and does not respond to any commands.

EDIT: Reading the newspaper anywhere except your room causes the character to get stuck in middle of the screen unable to move.
Oof! That's a nasty bug. Good catch! The newspaper, along with the credit card and glass of wine are not currently needed to complete the demo. They have planned uses, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes