EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
FoD_Banner5.png

Overview:
Flames of Desire is a sandbox-style RPG set in a dark medieval fantasy world. It features turn-based combat and offers players a variety of activities to engage in, such as crafting and hunting. The game includes a wide cast of characters to interact with, and players have the freedom to make choices that affect the game's outcome.​

Thread Updated: 2023-12-15
Release Date: 2023-12-15
Developer: Warthief
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.1.9
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

01.png 02.png 03.png 04.png 08.png 09.png 10.png 11.png 0__6_.png 0__7_.png 0__8_.png

Last edited:

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Haven't tried yet, but from the promo images:
The RPGM tiles are gorgeous! Really good choice on those.

The renders are a bit grainy, and the lighting isn't too exciting (more lights would help with both problems).
I totally understand if you don't want to do 2 hour renders, but do keep in mind that the result will be worth it! That, or getting a better GFX card. If I were you, I'd check eBay or something for a second hand RTX 2070 or better card now, prices are plummeting for the 20xx series cards, because the release of the first 30xx cards is just around the corner.
Alternatively, look into denoiser software (it's free, there's a post about it somewhere in the developers forums, just be careful to pick the right one, but it's all explained there) or rendering your image twice too big, and then sizing down the result to the format you need. I'm personally not a fan of either of these solutions, because while it does reduce the noise by a lot, it also makes images look slightly over-polished. But that last bit is something most people don't seem to mind or notice, so just look at the results and decide for yourself whether it's acceptable or not.

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Haven't tried yet, but from the promo images:
The RPGM tiles are gorgeous! Really good choice on those.

The renders are a bit grainy, and the lighting isn't too exciting (more lights would help with both problems).
I totally understand if you don't want to do 2 hour renders, but do keep in mind that the result will be worth it! That, or getting a better GFX card. If I were you, I'd check eBay or something for a second hand RTX 2070 or better card now, prices are plummeting for the 20xx series cards, because the release of the first 30xx cards is just around the corner.
Alternatively, look into denoiser software (it's free, there's a post about it somewhere in the developers forums, just be careful to pick the right one, but it's all explained there) or rendering your image twice too big, and then sizing down the result to the format you need. I'm personally not a fan of either of these solutions, because while it does reduce the noise by a lot, it also makes images look slightly over-polished. But that last bit is something most people don't seem to mind or notice, so just look at the results and decide for yourself whether it's acceptable or not.
i do 2 hour renders but i don't have good PC for now, my 1st goal is to get better pc so i can improve my renders and make them faster, also i can play more with lighting and many other things that i can't do now.

aze123451

Mar 28, 2020
Nice looking game and great setting dev!
Though, you say :
Inspired from middle east cultures
Yet most assets in the screenshots seem to be Moroccan/Moorish. I hope this is not another mishmash of cultures/civilizations/epochs. No one would like to play a game said to be set in Northern Europe but made with assets from Italy.

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Nice looking game and great setting dev!
Though, you say :

Yet most assets in the screenshots seem to be Moroccan/Moorish. I hope this is not another mishmash of cultures/civilizations/epochs. No one would like to play a game said to be set in Northern Europe but made with assets from Italy.
true, the game is not history it fantasy, before making this i try to learn so much about mid east and north africa history, so i try to mix both culture and history to make this, like what many fantasy games do.

aze123451

Mar 28, 2020
Oh if it's mainly fantasy then you're right, it's not a big deal. I'm definitely downloading it once I am able to.

Reactions: Warthief

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What are we supposed to do in the warehouse?
Arrange what?
MC is not lifting them barrels to pile ”em up over the heaps in there!

Also .. grainy renders ... a lot of dad”s house to navigate.

What about Mounira? Why can”t Mc romance her or work 4 her?
MC is stuck in a romance triangle with his pops and his trophy wife?

Also .. after we leave the warehouse ... it turns into a waiting game in a ghost town ...
There is no one around, the clock advancing slowly:
Cannot sleep ”cause of stamina ... but still nothing to do, no one to see, no one to talk to ...

Last edited:

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
What are we supposed to do in the warehouse?
Arrange what?
MC is not lifting them barrels to pile ”em up over the heaps in there!

Also .. grainy renders ... a lot of dad”s house to navigate.

What about Mounira? Why can”t Mc romance her or work 4 her?
MC is stuck in a romance triangle with his pops and his trophy wife?
sorry about the renders ... :oops:

"the MC is thin and the barrels are havy for him :p" just trying to make mini game to make money but if you did not like that one i will try to make more mini games for money in the future and other way's for sure.

i made the dad house big cause there is many character live there and i need to make it feel alive (i am already working on that), i did not add the other girls in house cause i don't want the npc to be usless, my 1st goal is to make the city feel alive with many activities and girls to bang.

about mounira you read my mind i plan to make the MC work with her and from that point there will be scenes with her

for the dad yes something like that and i will end the Demo with (omg i am spoiling so much ...)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some more thoughts ...
MC is special customer for mounira .. but his pocket is empty.
The flower girl starts walking around and then appears back close to dad”s house.
Women clothes shop clerk won”t let MC in just ”cause... how is MC suppose to buy his beau gifts?

Give some list of controlls ...
Can MC also drag them barrels or just push them?
There is no room to circle them barrels so that MC can push them into place.

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
i need to change that lane for Mounira (how special costumer never buy food)
the flower girl is bug ...
for gift you need to talk to Zahra if she tell you about her dancing skills and you responde "right" you can buy a gift for Zahra from the cothes shop.

the barrels is a puzzel so you can only push (need it to be little hard because if you do the puzzel once it will be very easy to grind money there) , all the puzzel have sulotion i try them all.

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
There is no one around, the clock advancing slowly:
Cannot sleep ”cause of stamina ... but still nothing to do, no one to see, no one to talk to ...
thank you for all your feed back .
i know the world feel empty the time move slow and there is no much to do right now because i am setting the ground for many things to make the city feel alive.
i want to make every character in the city important and have back story and many events to do with in many places.
i want to make all the girls have thier own personality and secerets (all girls like Zahra have many scenes and options)

but doing something like that will need sometime and so much work so i have 2 options.
1- build the game fast focus on many girls but give them 1 or 2 scenes ?
2- keep up like this and build the game slowly but make many events and activities ?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well ... I would say ... a combination of the 2:
1- build the game fast focus on many girls but give them 1 or 2 scenes
The game world has to be beaming with life. The more gurls, the better players will feel playing the game!

2- keep up like this and build the game slowly but make many events and activities
Players love some meaningful relationship with 1 or 2 gurls that matter.
Like the Inn gurl, the flower gurl and the trophy wife - animated beautiful scenes with them would be wonderful.

Please make them gurls come play, ”cause looking at the empty streets and villa is depressing.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote