Collection Video Flim13 collection [2024-07-21] [Flim13]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
So I have somewhat of an asinine question; How is 'Flim' read exactly?

Is it FU RI MU or is it meant to be FLIM ? I know the name is in Japanese but if manga has taught me anything, you can never be sure that a name is read as written or if the intended reading was something else entirely.

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017

Is it FU RI MU or is it meant to be FLIM ? I know the name is in Japanese but if manga has taught me anything, you can never be sure that a name is read as written or if the intended reading was something else entirely.
Bro... Now I won't be able to sleep thinking about it and looking for an answer....

• Haha
Reactions: AleGame

Lelolelolelo

Jun 25, 2023

I always thought it was "Film" intentionally spelled wrong, but that makes more sense

1234sky

Jul 6, 2021

Its just how japanese is written, japanese doesnt have a proper alphabet for some english like L for example, flim name spell フリム basically mean furimu its almost like how you say konnichiha as in こんにちは but you supposed to say it as konnichiwa, im kind of beginner at this so if somethings wrong please correct it

Reactions: monstermax20

monstermax20

Mar 31, 2018
Spot on, the only thing I'll add is that there's a minor difference between spoken and written japanese, particularly in the "R" sound that, depending on the area of the country they kinda pronounce it like an "L" even though they technically don't have that phoneme in their vocabulary.
Its just how japanese is written, japanese doesnt have a proper alphabet for some english like L for example, flim name spell フリム basically mean furimu its almost like how you say konnichiha as in こんにちは but you supposed to say it as konnichiwa, im kind of beginner at this so if somethings wrong please correct it
Now as to what the "correct" pronunciation of flim is, could be: frim, frimu, furimu, flimu or flim, depending on the accent/region/dialect of the person saying it (in japanese).

Reactions: Bury the light
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes