Collection Video Fluffy Pokemon Collection [2021-08-05] [FluffyPokemon]

smilewithme1

Sep 5, 2019
What is the difference between SFM and blender?
Blender has more advanced options with better rendering. SFM is easier to do the general animation setup/loop in, and easier to learn the absolute basics of. Both are extremely reliant on the skillset of the creator tho. Some SFM stuff can look absolutely amazing, but Blender generally is what the eye popping visuals use nowadays. There are tools to export SFM to Blender for the rendering benefits I mentioned, ppl like LordAardvark do that (or have talked about the tool that assists). So kinda the best of both worlds. I can't stress enough how a bad Blender artist is just as bad as a bad SFM artist.

A last note on the rendering, the options in SFM are much much lower, which generally means its easier to begin working in. A laptop from a few years ago can easily handle SFM. Might not be fast, but it will work. The higher end PCs don't really scale for SFM like they can do Blender, do to the difference in resolutions/features that Blender can handle.

Some good tutorials out there for both. Not many for "adult" content creation, but the basics can be applied to moving an arm just as easily as a futa-cock.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
On more serious note.
Blender was and is used in production, like in real movies | serials, to achieve VFX effects, i.e.:

It all depends on skill set, but blender is full fledged 3D package and recently, starting with 2.8+ branch, there were many changes to Ui to bring it to today's standards.
Work is constantly done to improve performance and feature set.
That being said there are still some areas in Blender that require polishing namely animation. Don't get me wrong, what is currently available surpass anything that SFM can offer but comparing to "giants" (3DSMax, Maya, Houdini) there are areas that are lacking. Currently AWS (Amazon AWS) became a gold patreon and founds will be put towards animation. There was plan to do Animation101 with was supposed to happen around blender conference in 2020 (in US, near all major VFX | 3D effect studios) but due to cov this was not possible. The input from animators especially was supposed to be happen and animation improvements was supposedly to kick of. As of now, with AWS support, this still will happen but is shifted 1 year. Currently Blender foundation is searching for dedicated coder that will implement features, that mostly AWS is after, to improve animation pipeline. The work will start in the middle of 2021 so don't expect anything tanglible till the end of 2021.

The major feature of Blender is Eevvee real time renderer. Think of it as game engine, but it's not. Produced results are amazing considering that rendering happens within few seconds (real time for viewport preview, few seconds to minute for actual rendering - depends on settings, end result in preview is close to final render). This all of course depends on hardware but SFM (and any modern 3D engine to that mater, well maybe Cry or Unreal can match it up) is far behind if it comes to this renderer. There are some initial work being done, as separate projects, that basically implements RT features. What does that mean is that currently eevvee suffers issue when it comes to i.e. reflection effect and soem trickery, namely screen space, are used to achieve this effect. This in nutshell means that if You do have reflective surface anything outside of viewing area are not visible. There are "work around" like pre baking GI | reflections via light probes but this is | should be resolved by RT (or RTX is NV will do that) feature that should basically eliminate the need to even pre calculate something.

Up until now major advantages that solutions like SFM | TK17 | VAM had was speed and ability to achieve satisfactory results in real time, but with eevvee this advantage is gone. Not only that - modelling and then bringing that model back to 3d engine is PITA so yeah... blender FTW.

Side not here - AFAIKT, please correct me if I'm wrong, eevvee is the best real time "preview" engine when it comes to professional 3D packages. Nothing comes close. Of course all these packages do have preview capabilities, but preview is generate exactly in the same way as blenders cycles engine, so not in real time.

Hm... a little bit long but I think You will get an idea what's what.

Last edited:

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
Following his twitter the last post he ever liked was RenzukiH Ayane video back in Jan 15 of this year. So he's alive but just decided to quit without a word it seems

Reactions: raidenkatana

Viger

Sep 19, 2017
Following his twitter the last post he ever liked was RenzukiH Ayane video back in Jan 15 of this year. So he's alive but just decided to quit without a word it seems
Strange. His videos were always vanilla, nothing patreon would want deleted.

マッド

Jul 24, 2017
Strange. His videos were always vanilla, nothing patreon would want deleted.
His name is probably a problem. It wouldn't be the first time someone got threatened with a lawsuit using a name associated with pokemon or a character from pokemon. :FacePalm: