• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Fog Of War [Ep. 4.2] [Story Machine Studios]

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Minus the lack of lewd scenes is the story any good. Want some opinions before I start. Lack of sex doesn't bother me but a good story I seek. Played alot of VNs in the past few months some had good to great stories. I was told about this one so is it worth playing.

Reactions: Ghosty99

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Minus the lack of lewd scenes is the story any good. Want some opinions before I start. Lack of sex doesn't bother me but a good story I seek. Played alot of VNs in the past few months some had good to great stories. I was told about this one so is it worth playing.
My memory is shit about this game so take this with a grain of salt. As I need to replay this game but waiting for the steam release in a few weeks as I read gonna have a rework to a few lewds or scenes at the start of the game.

For the most part the story is slow to get started the story only started to get a bit interesting for me in the update prior to this one unsure what it is like in this one. As far as the LI go , they are pretty decently written I thought as everyone feels like they are good characters and a good friend group with some teasing here and there. The only complaint I heard is the pacing can feel a bit weird with them as it can feel like you go from LI to LI through the day like it's a checklist im unsure if I agree or not with that till I replay this game.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Steam/Chapter 5 Dev Log 03

1713813282922.png

Hey everyone!
Things are coming along well so far. Sending out a test version of the reworked prologue today to testers.

There are a lot of things in my head I want to implement into this project. One is more cinematics. I'm always looking for ways to make the game more immersive. Ultimately "sucking you into the world" when you play it. Look for more of this in the future.

What I've got left for Steam:
Achievements- 70% done.
Lewd re works- 2 poses for Irelia scene left and 2 for the Milena dream with some renders.

Lewd replay in game- I've coded in replay options during lewd scenes. After the initial scene you can play back whatever you want and then move on. I have to do this for the 2 remaining lewd reworks.

Lewd Gallery- Ground code is there. UI and adding variables need to be done.
Music- Chapter one to three all needs tracks replaced. I'd say it's about 50% done.
UI-I want to overhaul some of the UI. This isn't priority though. Will be done if there is time.

As for chapter 5 progress, I have about 60 renders done and dialogues for 2 scenes completed. Really looking forward to going full tilt on this.

Don't forget to wish list on Steam!

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Steam/Chapter 5 Development Log

1714421988125.png

Hey everyone!
Things are trucking along nicely. The Lewd gallery is up and running ( Thanks digi.B!) Steam achievements are nearly complete( Thanks MoonLight!)

The music rework is completed. The first Milena scene rework remains which is about 50 percent completed. I have also attached a choice to this scene now. You can indulge her, or not.

Having the Steam release delayed is unfortunate. Hopefully the approval doesn't take long.
I'll use the extra time to try and market it heavier!

Today I'll be spending the day finishing off the Milena scene along with finishing putting the achievement variables into the code. Wednesday/Thursday the final test version will go out and the game will be submitted to Steam for approval.

Have a great week everyone!

Wishlist here!

1714422007899.png

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Steam Update

1714967841358.png

Hey everyone.
We are just playing the waiting game with Steam approval. Once the approval is given, I'll be setting a date shortly after. In the mean time, I'm doing some extra polishing and coding in Chapter 5 dialogs.

I will be catching up with patreon wallpapers and other goodies very soon! Thanks for allowing me to focus on the game!

To recap what comes with Steam.
Reworked lewds for the prologue-ch3

Reworked prologue.

Lewd Gallery.
Replay options during lewds.
20 Achievements.

I'll have a Steam patreon version available shortly after and will be doing a guide. Steam version will break saves. This won't be an issue going forward though.

On lewd content. I had an interesting DM. So i want to do some clarification. One individual was upset that my game "Has too little lewds "While in terms of a conventional AVN he is correct, everyone has a different approach. I do have disclaimer of the slow burn in the intro, so maybe a self inflicted wound here. Though I was a little jarred by his comments "Just let us fuck these sluts".

The girls I wrote for this game aren't fuck dolls. I'm trying to write real characters and a story. For better or worse I want people to be invested in the cast as "people" not purely objects for sexual gratification. I want there to be a nice payoff with most of the lewd content. It's how I personally enjoy AVNs, so naturally it comes out in my work. Lewd content will be more plentiful in the future. When the build up has hit its peak, and you begin to explore that side with your chosen LI. Whether I'm doing a good job of that up for debate I'm sure.

I figured I'd clarify this vision for those who may not have heard of it.

WIsh list here!

Hope you all stay safe, hope I have good news soon!

-Meat Shield

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes