VN Ren'Py Fog Of War [Ep. 4.2] [Story Machine Studios]

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Note to Dev: Still playing. Love the renders and the fluidity. But can you please give us the option to choose the font (or change the default one to something a bit more pleasing to the eye)? The current one is giving me quite a headache. Also, why no option to choose text speed? I always like to customize it to my reading speed.
Just hit Shift and A at the same time and just use Deja Vu Sans. That's what I did.

Reactions: colormask

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
do we have a choice who we want to romance or is it (so far feels like it) without your controll
i mean i have 0 points with kendra but still they kissing same with scarlett (i know or think it is charakter/LI introduction only atm)
don´t get me wrong like the game so far even it feels a bit forced

Feb 13, 2021
Im not sure if the dev is active in this forum but if you are please go back to the old font, it was so much better. Im aware there is a workaround but i still like the old menu and font.

Meat Shield

Sep 7, 2022
A few things to address.

I will be transparent here. I have spent thousands of my own money and many many hours creating this. If you want to play the game and never support it, I cannot control that. Those who do choose to support, I do not have enough thanks. At LEAST do not message me nasty things. Respect the developers, even if you do not like their games. We work hard on these things, we do not expect everyone to like them. Treat us like people.

Fog of War will be softcore with the lewds. I get people out there will dislike this game because of that. No problem. I am making this in my own vision. I fully realize my creative vision will not attract everyone. There will not be throuples, incest, NTR or harem. There will be pregnancy.

As for the "forced" things. The next chapter there will be control of the content you see. This chapter was setting up and introducing things I felt is pertinent to the story I am telling. Even if you may not see as such. These stories are told over large arcs.

Around chapter 7-8 is when you will lock in your romance. There may be a character that will lock in sooner should you choose it plot wise. Of course should you choose to focus a girl before the lock in that is also an option.

Every girl has a story arc you will play, whether it is romantic or not.

Kendra and Angelica are close friends. So keep this in mind when you are dating them. They are reasonable, the lines you should not cross will be obvious. If you do, there will be a consequence.

I will be reverting the font change with 0.11 along with some render corrections/dialog grammer things.

I learned a lesson to not try and stylize font, simplicity is the key there.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
funny when having the conversation with Kendra discussing fav games i used Universal Renpy Mod to change the names of the games i liked the most. Artemis was one of the 3 and then i get to this screen and was like..yeah boy...

• Love
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Great start so far

Bit crazy how the mc his gf broke up with him tho gues she not a ride or die chick

So i aint gonna pursue her anymore

Bit weird seeing Kendra in a different game lol same name and looks even that poster above her bed

Will keep a eye on this

Last edited:

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Great start so far

Bit crazy how the mc his gf broke up with him tho gues she not a ride or die chick

So i aint gonna pursue her anymore

Bit weird seeing Kendra in a different game lol same name and looks even that poster above her bed

Will keep a eye on this
Artemis is KINDRA not Kendra but the point is the same and i agree that it is the same girl with minor changes

Meat Shield

Sep 7, 2022
Artemis is KINDRA not Kendra but the point is the same and i agree that it is the same girl with minor changes
This isn't true at all. Beyond the hair asset (Kindra also uses a completely different morph of it) they do not share any model similarities.

Really seems like hair makes other daz models look uncanny others.

• Haha
Reactions: Crowangel

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
This isn't true at all. Beyond the hair asset (Kindra also uses a completely different morph of it) they do not share any model similarities.

Really seems like hair makes other daz models look uncanny others.
when she smiles you see it in her eyes and facial expressions

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
that kindra chick just breaking up with you for no reason,you know it would be better if you just don't make her gf in first place and keep her as friend?in that way she won't look bad to player and we could pursue her later in the story,rather than just hating her over for breaking up with mc, over no matter what he does.
You need to check your facts first before making assumptions. Who the fuck is Kindra ?? Kindra from Artemis ?? Lol, the girl in this game's name is Kendra, and she wasn't his GF, Kristyn, the blonde he literally runs into at the end of this update, was his ex and she had A LOT of good reasons to break up with him. But let's set those double standards aside for a few secs and think about it like this... how would YOU feel knowing that your GF is out there on the battlefield risking her life for a worthless medal and some idiots kissing her ass instead of doing all the 'dirty' work themselves ?? I sure AF would NEVER date an army woman and I sure AF would never be ok with my girl joining the army. Why should Kristyn be ok with the MC risking his life knowing that her grandma's BF died on duty, especially this last time when he was presumed dead.

Kristyn still loves him, and if you want a serious relationship with someone, letting them go to fuck knows where away from you isn't a good way to proceed for obvious reasons. If she was THAT kinda woman, she'd accept it and cheat on him with every motherfucker she felt attracted to, so her lashing out and breaking up with him only means she loved him and was afraid of losing him.:WeSmart: Wives and girlfriends fucking around while their husbands or BFs are on duty isn't something unheard of. At least she had the decency to tell you how she felt before breaking up with you.

Fog of War will be softcore with the lewds. I get people out there will dislike this game because of that. No problem. I am making this in my own vision. I fully realize my creative vision will not attract everyone. There will not be throuples, incest, NTR or harem. There will be pregnancy.
I'm disappointed about the "no thruples and softcore" part of your statement, but I respect you for sticking to your vision. Do keep in mind to ask for feedback so you can see what needs to be improved and what's already good. Hope not every update will break our saves like Summer's Gone does coz some players might find this annoying.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
many will bitch about a forced gf on them
I also hate that forced GF bullshit, and I know others do it too, but in this case, it makes sense storywise... she's not MC's GF just for a quick sex scene. Plus, the dev said you can rekindle the romance with her or just stay friends, so the other players who paid attention to the story and MC's behavior have no reason to hate her, coz like I said, some women IRL would do the same.

many here who will play will bark about her breaking up with mc,and since this is single Li avn,most of people will leave her or ignore just for that one reason
Those players can do whatever they want and bitch about it as much as they want. As long as there's no reason to force a romance with her on the player, nobody should have anything to complain about, and most players who paid attention to the story will understand her reasons for breaking up with the MC, those who don't, can still keep it friendly with her and romance whoever they want. There's no logical reason to avoid her, but then again, there are a few really smart ppl who keep bashing Erynn (Intertwined) for mistakes she didn't even make and complaining about her best friend dumping the MC for actually being a dickhead, so you may be right about this lol.

Since i know even if dev keep her gf with mc choosing second option,many will bitch about a forced gf on them,i don't want her to be hated like this.you just misunderstood my comment.
I didn't misunderstand anything here, it's you who misunderstood my comment, but whatever. Let's move on.

Meat Shield

Sep 7, 2022
I have served in the special forces as well, and yes, there are some built like the MC (not me though).
This is a really promising start to the game. Not so sure about the patron. Need to sign up at 11€ to recieve the current release?? A bit much i would say.
It's $5 USD currently. The updates moving forward will be $10 though. This is to keep in line with the future Steam TOS. If we are being honest you can pledge whatever you like and just download it here anwyway. Heh.

I did see you pledge and I appreciate it.

I have my reasons for MCs build. Glad there those that recognize that it's not out of the realm to be a large operator.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello Everyone!

Things are rolling fairly smoothly. Got a lot done this week. Writing is about 50 percent done. We are averaging about 100 renders per week. I have also started overhauling some of the music. This is not a priority. It is more or less when I come across a track that will work in older scenes while I am looking for music for the current chapter.
I myself typically will put all the dialog into the code once it's written. Make the renders plug them in. So when you see render counts those are typically in the game ready to go. With the more player agency this chapter brings I have to be careful to have enough to content to be satisfying if for players who may not exploring multiple paths.
Fog of War is a "novel" with a built in dating simulator. So the story also takes a lot emphasis. I want people to enjoy that as much as they enjoy the girls. I also want players to enjoy the girls even if they are not a chosen a love interest. This important as each girl has her own arc in the story you will explore.
Kristyn is where this is a challenge. It seems there are large amounts of players that both empathize with her reasoning and dislike Kristyn for leaving MC. The goal of making those players those who don't understand will be challenging. Also you can never satisfy everyone so you hope to win more than you lose. I also tell people to remember how emotionally charged that moment was. People are not flawless, we make mistakes in moments of high emotion.
Fog of War is written when you initially gain the respect of those you meet. Don't confuse this as they are immediately attracted to MC. There is a lot under the surface you have not seen. As the story progresses you will be tasked with continuing to earn the trust and build--Or erode the trust.

Render count is 326.

Hope everyone has a great week!

-Meat Shield

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes