VN Ren'Py Fog Of War [Ep. 4.2] [Story Machine Studios]

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I guess you don't know how to use search. There is a compressed version. It took less than a moment to use search. Try it.
People will have to start using it, there is nothing us game compressors can do about it at his point. I know there might be something in the future where they get linked automatically. Until then folks will have to search with the keyword "compressed".

A little helpful information on posts with 5,000 pages, make sure your search in you profile is set to "most recent" and the newest compressed posts "should" show up first.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
my two cent.
probably a good story, but now I can't follow the plot. Apart the first update (fiancee gone, lady killer twist), really I don't understand the "fil rouge" of the story. Incoming girls, MC going up and down the city... Meh.

Vualen

Nov 5, 2018
Nice, but I really miss nice sounds during animations. Also animations could be more extended :)

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Is the writing actually good? Is it realistic and sensible? There's some pretty positive reviews here, but the complaint about a Chad MC seems to be common. I have to admit, this dumb description reads like MC is a teenage boy's Gary Stu protag... on steroids. I mean, let me tell you, one thing you don't want as a career soldier is a perfect, unfaltering memory. He needs to be able to forget some of the shit he saw and did to go do it again day after tomorrow. Either that, or he'd need to have an extreme antisocial personality. In which case, he would never "feel like he is losing his humanity on the battlefield".
Writing for the characters is fine (or better than fine), the premise and setting are fine, side stories are fine, just lacks an actual main story.

Last edited:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
the complaint about a Chad MC seems to be common
Well, excuse the dev for portraying an ex-military as an actual soldier, not your average four-eyed ugly ass creep who fancies himself a lady-killer just cause of the nonexistent plot. And whoever said he's 'perfect' must've missed a lot of reading here, coz he's pretty fucked up, the shit he saw in all the 'patriotic' missions he was involved scarred him for life... his constant deployments and fear for his life were the main reasons why Kristyn, his girl, broke up with him, so I'd say it's best to play the game and draw your own conclusions before listening to some 'experts' who skipped through most of the story due to the many words they had to read.

I haven't played the second episode yet but up until the first one it kinda felt like Grandma's House meets Mason's Gambit with a little bit of emotional/psychological razzle dazzle
I'm not exactly surprised or shocked to read that, but I fail to see what's so bad about those 2 MCs you mentioned there. Aren't they wimpy enough to be called 'realistic' or what ??:rolleyes::unsure:

This is a game for alphas, go away all your betas!
Word, brother !! Imagine complaining about an MC for being an actual guy with a dick in his pants who scores pussy without even trying to. Maybe that sounds shocking to some haters here coz this concept is probably foreign to them, but as shocking as it may sound, some attractive women IRL, just like guys, just need to look at a decent-looking (buff) guy to feel attracted to him or to wanna fuck him, or so I heard about this blasphemy called "hookup".

Is the writing actually good? Is it realistic and sensible?
The writing obviously has its flaws, but it's pretty good, and the MC looks like a realistic guy with his fair share of shit to deal with as the story progresses, so don't feel apprehensive about playing the game just coz some cucks didn't like it. Play it and judge for yourself if you like it or not.;)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, excuse the dev for portraying an ex-military as an actual soldier, not your average four-eyed ugly ass creep who fancies himself a lady-killer just cause of the nonexistent plot. And whoever said he's 'perfect' must've missed a lot of reading here, coz he's pretty fucked up, the shit he saw in all the 'patriotic' missions he was involved scarred him for life... his constant deployments and fear for his life were the main reasons why Kristyn, his girl, broke up with him, so I'd say it's best to play the game and draw your own conclusions before listening to some 'experts' who skipped through most of the story due to the many words they had to read.

I'm not exactly surprised or shocked to read that, but I fail to see what's so bad about those 2 MCs you mentioned there. Aren't they wimpy enough to be called 'realistic' or what ??:rolleyes::unsure:

Word, brother !! Imagine complaining about an MC for being an actual guy with a dick in his pants who scores pussy without even trying to. Maybe that sounds shocking to some haters here coz this concept is probably foreign to them, but as shocking as it may sound, some attractive women IRL, just like guys, just need to look at a decent-looking (buff) guy to feel attracted to him or to wanna fuck him, or so I heard about this blasphemy called "hookup".

The writing obviously has its flaws, but it's pretty good, and the MC looks like a realistic guy with his fair share of shit to deal with as the story progresses, so don't feel apprehensive about playing the game just coz some cucks didn't like it. Play it and judge for yourself if you like it or not.;)

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
this is a hard one and has been for me, one of those stories that while it doesn't have anything exactly wrong with it it still didn't do anything to get me immersed / invested in it :unsure:.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Uh, what's going on with these devs. Seems there's a plot to blow all of our minds.

Artemis, Chasing Sunsets, Unbroken and now this game. All connected. Strange :unsure: Me likes.

Reactions: Deamate

Klaes Ashford

Jun 4, 2020
Uh, what's going on with these devs. Seems there's a plot to blow all of our minds.

Artemis, Chasing Sunsets, Unbroken and now this game. All connected. Strange :unsure: Me likes.

Because they all hang out in the same social circle, they teach each other tricks to coding/rendering/posing, and as you build a relationship, you tend to share duf files and agree to small cameos of your character in their game. It's a nod of respect, that the dev likes your creation well enough to give it a small tribute in their story.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes