Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Okay, downloaded the game and fired it up to give it a shot. But I find that the page numbers on the Save/Load screens are unreadable. As is anything I try to add to Page title. Anyone else find this problem? I've never seen this before in the 100s of games I've looked at.

Edit: I used the Nopy download for Win/Linux.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Okay, downloaded the game and fired it up to give it a shot. But I find that the page numbers on the Save/Load screens are unreadable. As is anything I try to add to Page title. Anyone else find this problem? I've never seen this before in the 100s of games I've looked at.

Edit: I used the Nopy download for Win/Linux.
Yeah, it's a font issue, but no worry, it will be fixed next update!

Reactions: Walter Victor

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
A Project from Dev, who Dropped 1 Game,
Freezing 2 more Games,
Fastly finish 1 another (the only one good) Game....
Hmmm.... Are you realy Need my Comments what i think? 0_0
No we really don't since you're talking out of your ass, as previously stated, 1 game is onhold, 2 games are ongoing and being regularly updated and 1 being finished when the Dev intended it too (or do you claim to know that better than the Dev?)

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
A Project from Dev, who Dropped 1 Game,
Freezing 2 more Games,
Fastly finish 1 another (the only one good) Game....
Hmmm.... Are you realy Need my Comments what i think? 0_0
No we really don't since you're talking out of your ass, as previously stated, 1 game is onhold, 2 games are ongoing and being regularly updated and 1 being finished when the Dev intended it too (or do you claim to know that better than the Dev?)
Yeah, Hornypussy is right (never thought I would say that kind of thing out loud lol)

But I have done 5 games now.

Picture Perfect - Completed, and it's not long, more medium length, and none of my games will ever be long because I like a more compact story.

Secret Summer 0.8 - Updated in the last month

Sun Breed 0.4 - Updated in the last month

Follow the Leader - Obviously updated in the last month

The only game I have put on hold is Hunger for Chaos because I just don't know what I want to do with it yet because it was a novel I had written years ago and it didn't transfer to visual novel style like I would have liked.

Hopefully you understand a little bit better with that explanation about my game history

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah, Hornypussy is right (never thought I would say that kind of thing out loud lol)

But I have done 5 games now.

Picture Perfect - Completed, and it's not long, more medium length, and none of my games will ever be long because I like a more compact story.

Secret Summer 0.8 - Updated in the last month

Sun Breed 0.4 - Updated in the last month

Follow the Leader - Obviously updated in the last month

The only game I have put on hold is Hunger for Chaos because I just don't know what I want to do with it yet because it was a novel I had written years ago and it didn't transfer to visual novel style like I would have liked.

Hopefully you understand a little bit better with that explanation about my game history
Yeah, sorry, my nick is hard to take seriously ;)

Anyway, i think you are experienced enough by now to ignore people like that and just continue making awesome VN's!! :)

Blargher

May 2, 2018
Yeah I don't think this needs to always be brought up, if a developer makes timely updates (which he does), I don't see point in saying 'too many up, boo hoo.' I get a lot of developers abandon but far as I'm aware only Hunger for Chaos got hit with a hold or such. I was gone for awhile so I didn't get to see what HfC happened though I guess if you come solely from that game maybe you'd be a bit sad? (Personally I only was at chapter 1? before I had to poof for awhile and really did enjoy it)

But I think Sun Breed is quite well (and updated recently, as I joined it late on this new update) and picture perfect I see got several updates since I left back then. This isn't a case of "no project finishes" or "spread to thin" this is just how he works. With picture perfect completed, he has room to move to a new one.

Only one I haven't followed yet is secret summer (and haven't tried this yet, havent had time yet to do so - though this is downloaded already) and I personally like all i've seen.

I get the feeling most of those comments come from the PTSD of developers who abandon so many projects or do so many and ditch out. I don't think this applies to SuperWriter. And it does happen a lot here, but so far I don't think SuperWriter has any right to be lumped into that grouping. Maybe I'll eat my words one day, but as of now I would stand firmly on that opinion at least.

Anyways, next post you'll see from me will be whenever I get chance to actually try this one lol

K18

Apr 19, 2018
So far, so good i'm enjoying the story. To me, it had a cinematic feel to it. A good intro release, setting things in motion for MC and the 3 girls. It's as entertaining as i hoped it'd be and ladies are still as pretty as they were in those previews before the visual novel was released. All the girls pretty looking, my faves so are 9 > 10 > 8. 9=the kind & gentle sweetheart, 10=the level-headed curious-mind, 8=the hot tempered girl who justifiably wears her heart on her sleeve. SuperWriter (y)

Story & Renders aside. I'm not a fan of the timed "react fast & press the button" game function used during the breakout & escape scenes. I'm not a fan of the point system also. It's not a deal-breaking, but it catches you off guard and it can potentially lead to players missing out on a special extra scene (Like the Kiss with 10) just by 1 or 2 points, making it a slight nuisance, but not difficult and is doable.
Also SuperWriter did you change your mind and made this game a "choice-based visual novel" instead of a "kinetic visual novel"? Or was Follow The Leader always going to be choice-based?

Again, good story so far. Can't wait to see how these characters grow & heal together and develop into a happy harem.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
So far, so good i'm enjoying the story. To me, it had a cinematic feel to it. A good intro release, setting things in motion for MC and the 3 girls. It's as entertaining as i hoped it'd be and ladies are still as pretty as they were in those previews before the visual novel was released. All the girls pretty looking, my faves so are 9 > 10 > 8. 9=the kind & gentle sweetheart, 10=the level-headed curious-mind, 8=the hot tempered girl who justifiably wears her heart on her sleeve. SuperWriter (y)

Story & Renders aside. I'm not a fan of the timed "react fast & press the button" game function used during the breakout & escape scenes. I'm not a fan of the point system also. It's not a deal-breaking, but it catches you off guard and it can potentially lead to players missing out on a special extra scene (Like the Kiss with 10) just by 1 or 2 points, making it a slight nuisance, but not difficult and is doable.
Also SuperWriter did you change your mind and made this game a "choice-based visual novel" instead of a "kinetic visual novel"? Or was Follow The Leader always going to be choice-based?

Again, good story so far. Can't wait to see how these characters grow & heal together and develop into a happy harem.

Thank you for all the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying this game too! As for your question, this was always going to be a choice based game. Only one of my three novels will ever be kinetic just because that's my personal fun to do whatever I want with that story, in this case Sun Breed =]

Reactions: Blargher and K18

Cab-boe

Dec 7, 2018
"You live in a world ruled by Barons, men who hold absolute authority and power.

During your childhood your mother was purchased to serve as a concubine in a Baron's harem. For years you were raised by her while working as a servant in his home, but one day your mother eventually had enough of the Baron's cruelty and ran away, leaving you to suffer alone.

You make the best of it throughout the proceeding years and have finally earned enough credit at the age of 25 to buy your freedom. In a final act of defiance, you rescue his three lab-grown, perfect concubines and together venture out into a new life. Where will you go? What will you do?"

FTFY

Don't want to insult anyone's writing chops (especially if english-as-second-language is a factor), the other games I've played from this dev are well done, but this really needed tightening up IMO.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
sounds... interesting. but i so hoped (hope?) that i could play the fat baron guy... can i? is this the guy who escapes? or is this all POV and i am some young smooth stud? (please noooo) otherwise nice girls

• Angry
Reactions: The ArcKnight

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Made a mod for the game, it shows points changed with choices, highlights recommended choices, and adds to/changes UI. I will add a gallery with future releases if no one makes a separate one.
In the future, if there's a choice between 2 scenes, I will add an option to see both, and if points requirements are too high, I will probably lower them.
Enjoy!

Features:
Installation:

Download - Mega
I think their's a typo here. The variable viewers shows that the choice "You're a victim too" result in "Nine +1" not Ten. "Ten +1" is with the "Warn her" choice.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I think their's a typo here. The variable viewers shows that the choice "You're a victim too" result in "Nine +1" not Ten. "Ten +1" is with the "Warn her" choice.
Yes, that's correct. Nine is the one who sympathizes with you if you say you are a victim while 10 appreciates the more straightforward approach

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Thanks, fixed it.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Thanks, fixed it.
That's not correct. Here is the code ;

menu:

"Warn her":

$ Epts = Epts + 1

$ Tpts = Tpts + 1

scene a30 #3rd all at MC
with dissolve

P "You can think whatever you want, and it honestly doesn't matter either way, to me or in reality. Because in reality, you don't last long in this world with that kind of attitude."

P "What'd you call me, a boot licker? I call it survival. So you can die proud and fighting. And I'll continue to live and be free in just weeks where I never have to see the baron's ugly face again."

scene a31 #MC CU
with dissolve

P "I suggest you do the same. Lick boots or whatever else, and save your anger until you're actually free and can use it, because you're powerless here. We all are."

jump U1speech

"You're a victim too":

$ Npts = Npts + 1

P "You said that you were brought here against your will. Do you think it was any different for me when I came here? What'd you call me, a boot licker?"

P "I call it survival, and it damn sure has been worth it because I'll be free in just a short few weeks. And I never have to see the baron and his ugly face again."

jump U1speech

4.00 star(s) 56 Votes