PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
There this game "Artemis", just example, in this game first love of MC with who he had long relationship betrayed him. It was not something carnal it was more business. They both worked on same project than she tricked him and take all credit. So in last chapter of the game she meet up MC to ask for help on somewhat contination of they project cuz she stuck. So game give us choice we can have hate sex with her for our help then sigh up contract and have rough act with her and then when she go to bathroom burn contract and live. And second choice we calmly express that her betrayal broke MC so he didn't see him helpin her in any way. Both choices are valid cuz MC had therapy over years to move on from that so i can bellive that he be calm or it didn't help and he pull the cruel trick. But magic is that both choices give us path to reunion with that girl, in trick path they now even, she betrayed him and he now paid back. In calm choice he finaly go past all this wich mean therapy worked so this can leed to reunion.

So my poin is again MC in this game dont have therapy so he need to have some pay back even in form of just unloading all his emotions on her.(Not SEXY stuff sorry if it sounded like.) Then they can move on and even plan to deal with man responsible the baron. But not before they work out they isues.
Well these are two completely different characters and circumstances. I know Artemis well and the debate around that betrayal. In Artemis, the woman is a bitch and she purposefully manipulate MC to screw him over, resulting in him being depressed, almost killing himself, and having to go over years of therapy to deal with this betrayal. In Artemis, the anger is justified. Not in Follow the Leader. In FtL, there was no betrayal whatsoever. She left because she couldn't do anything else. She didn't manipulate MC to screw him over, she's not a selfish bitch who deserve to get slapped around, and she cares about MC's wellbeing. Therefore, hating her is totally unjustified.

About meaningless give her life, situation akin to live your child in burning house, fire in that case is baron. How could she know that Baron didnt kill him like fire do? Author revealed to us that MC is NOT NORMAL child and we see how barron interact with NOT NORMAL characters. So what stop him from kill MC just in spite and replace him with another one. She may died if she atempted to find MC insted of run but maybe she could pull that trough. She tell us that she was not just toy, had some "connections" to help her plan to run. So she had chance just like MC. Why MC didnt run himself exposing girls and while gurds were occupied run away. He knew Baron would be after them so he could just run himself and nobody will folow him why risk his life for somebody he meet yesterday. And then came you and tell us all: "What he could do?", "He was like what 15-16" "He was in bad situation and decide what was best" "Is he should meaninless give his life for some random girls?")))))
And what if she could have done this and that. Again, she tried but she was afraid. Everything she could have done could have endangered her child. Maybe she could have done something different, maybe she had a chance. Maybe MC risking his life for three girls make him nicer and more heroic than his mother, and a better person. Does that mean she deserves to be hated and rejected ? Again, no. She was afraid not only for herself but also for MC, and she did her best. Even if she could have done something better (which is debattable), it would have been dangerous for her child anyway. So she ran away, hoping the baron would keep the child alive because it was the less dangerous solution for him. And he did keep him alive, so she was right. It is totally different from a burning house. You know with almost certainty that your child will die if you leave him in a burning house. Fire does not care, it's not choosing anything it just burns things. On the other hand, there was a high chance for the baron to keep him alive and under his services because as long as she run away by herself, the baron would consider MC not part of his mother's "betrayal", only another useful tool to keep and use. Maybe if she had tried to run away with him and got caught in the end, that would have been worse for him.

So yeah, she was justified in her actions, she was motivated by fear of not only her own life but also her child's (unlike in Artemis where Cass is only motivated by her own selfish agenda, to stay in this comparison). Therefore, the blame of everything goes to the baron for being an asshole to begin with and the mother does not deserve to be hated, especially since she willingly and genuinely helps MC and his girls now because she cares (and probably have regrets for leaving him too).

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
Well these are two completely different characters and circumstances. I know Artemis well and the debate around that betrayal. In Artemis, the woman is a bitch and she purposefully manipulate MC to screw him over, resulting in him being depressed, almost killing himself, and having to go over years of therapy to deal with this betrayal. In Artemis, the anger is justified. Not in Follow the Leader. In FtL, there was no betrayal whatsoever. She left because she couldn't do anything else. She didn't manipulate MC to screw him over, she's not a selfish bitch who deserve to get slapped around, and she cares about MC's wellbeing. Therefore, hating her is totally unjustified.

And what if she could have done this and that. Again, she tried but she was afraid. Everything she could have done could have endangered her child. Maybe she could have done something different, maybe she had a chance. Maybe MC risking his life for three girls make him nicer and more heroic than his mother, and a better person. Does that mean she deserves to be hated and rejected ? Again, no. She was afraid not only for herself but also for MC, and she did her best. Even if she could have done something better (which is debattable), it would have been dangerous for her child anyway. So she ran away, hoping the baron would keep the child alive because it was the less dangerous solution for him. And he did keep him alive, so she was right. It is totally different from a burning house. You know with almost certainty that your child will die if you leave him in a burning house. Fire does not care, it's not choosing anything it just burns things. On the other hand, there was a high chance for the baron to keep him alive and under his services because as long as she run away by herself, the baron would consider MC not part of his mother's "betrayal", only another useful tool to keep and use. Maybe if she had tried to run away with him and got caught in the end, that would have been worse for him.

So yeah, she was justified in her actions, she was motivated by fear of not only her own life but also her child's (unlike in Artemis where Cass is only motivated by her own selfish agenda, to stay in this comparison). Therefore, the blame of everything goes to the baron for being an asshole to begin with and the mother does not deserve to be hated, especially since she willingly and genuinely helps MC and his girls now because she cares (and probably have regrets for leaving him too).
Not different at all, if you play last chapter you hear that Cass to have her own excuses of why she do this shit to MC. So in her own eyes she think she didn't do anything wrong...

"She was motivated by fear"and yes she was LUCKY that Baron decided that keep MC alive and it doesn't mean she was right like it was some cunning plan it was pure luck. Again in moment when she need to decide leave child in dangerous situation and run away to save her life or risk it and try to find him she chose run. It's not bad thing in general it bad thing if you try to name himself parent. Cuz Mom or Dad usually go risk their life despite of fear it's just instinct that kicked in. Or if don't than they either don't want this child or it circumstances like in game when MC had non normal origin. He was ordered like spaniel and it can be the reason why she chose what she chose. And to prove what i said author write himself that he didn't do scene of heated conversation cuz it can lead on this woman bad side so she refuse help MC and girls. He write it himself few comment ago and if he mean it like it what her character do in this situation. Then what it tell us about her, that she is no parent MC she just nobody and if you want her help don't get on bad side...

Again i see this debate is pointless we tell each other same arguments and have different approach to them. Maybe in next chap we know full story with who was those connection and all other. And then i see her different but right now i based my opinion on what i see in game and what author said in reply to me.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Not different at all, if you play last chapter you hear that Cass to have her own excuses of why she do this shit to MC. So in her own eyes she think she didn't do anything wrong...
Yes, but Cass's excuses are selfish and she hurts MC on purpose which makes things quite different from that situation. She had a lot of easy and different choices at her disposal, unlike in this case. Don't mistake understanding someone and justifying them. Cass from Artemis is understandable but not morally justified, while MC's mother from FtL is both understandable and morally justified (not going to repeat why, I've wrote quite enough in my previous messages already).
"She was motivated by fear"and yes she was LUCKY that Baron decided that keep MC alive and it doesn't mean she was right like it was some cunning plan it was pure luck.
What I mean by "she was right" is she took a bet that the Baron wouldn't kill him and she was right to think so. It's not a moral "right", but if she thought that it would be more dangerous to try to take him away, then she is still justified. Her motives were not selfish and that's what's important here.
Again in moment when she need to decide leave child in dangerous situation and run away to save her life or risk it and try to find him she chose run. It's not bad thing in general it bad thing if you try to name himself parent. Cuz Mom or Dad usually go risk their life despite of fear it's just instinct that kicked in.
That's a very romantic view of what a parent is. I like romantic but her child was not being beaten to death, burned alive or almost killed when she ran away. He was nurtured and cared for. Under a selfish powerful dude that only see him as a tool yes, but still his life was not in immediate danger. And all of her "connections" would have been useless if she had just died failing to take him away.
And to prove what i said author write himself that he didn't do scene of heated conversation cuz it can lead on this woman bad side so she refuse help MC and girls. He write it himself few comment ago and if he mean it like it what her character do in this situation. Then what it tell us about her, that she is no parent MC she just nobody and if you want her help don't get on bad side...
Okay I don't have any argument against that one, so I'm just going to use the first one I got : there are worst mothers out there, chill out. Plus in this case it's more likely that MC would reject her help more than her not wanting to help them in the first place (seems more into characters but maybe I'm wrong on this one).
Again i see this debate is pointless we tell each other same arguments and have different approach to them.
Yes, you put judgement of character before understanding of her actions, and I do the opposite. Can lead to you being too harsh on her, and me being too soft. Don't think there's a solution for that disagreement sooo... yup.

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
Yes, but Cass's excuses are selfish and she hurts MC on purpose which makes things quite different from that situation. She had a lot of easy and different choices at her disposal, unlike in this case. Don't mistake understanding someone and justifying them. Cass from Artemis is understandable but not morally justified, while MC's mother from FtL is both understandable and morally justified (not going to repeat why, I've wrote quite enough in my previous messages already).

What I mean by "she was right" is she took a bet that the Baron wouldn't kill him and she was right to think so. It's not a moral "right", but if she thought that it would be more dangerous to try to take him away, then she is still justified. Her motives were not selfish and that's what's important here.

That's a very romantic view of what a parent is. I like romantic but her child was not being beaten to death, burned alive or almost killed when she ran away. He was nurtured and cared for. Under a selfish powerful dude that only see him as a tool yes, but still his life was not in immediate danger. And all of her "connections" would have been useless if she had just died failing to take him away.

Okay I don't have any argument against that one, so I'm just going to use the first one I got : there are worst mothers out there, chill out. Plus in this case it's more likely that MC would reject her help more than her not wanting to help them in the first place (seems more into characters but maybe I'm wrong on this one).

Yes, you put judgement of character before understanding of her actions, and I do the opposite. Can lead to you being too harsh on her, and me being too soft. Don't think there's a solution for that disagreement sooo... yup.
You have good points except "He was nurtured and cared for. " Man he was slave it's in narrative how could you know he was not a beat up cuz he didn't wash dishes right or take something he shouldn't. I mean we see how guards talk to him you think Baron do better? His life was in danger, see it that way, all argument between that woman and Baron started cuz he treated third woman who was NOT NORMAL like property. Like in "West world". And we now knew that MC is too NOT NORMAL so she leave her NOT NORMAL child in hands of man that developed kink in torturing NOT NORMAL people. Is this not danger for you? Cuz for me it's hell of a dangerous situation, MC wouldn't be in more safe situation if he was born normally. But in this, he didn't know how he was born so didn't know that some big mistake maybe cost him life.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
You have good points except "He was nurtured and cared for. " Man he was slave it's in narrative how could you know he was not a beat up cuz he didn't wash dishes right or take something he shouldn't. I mean we see how guards talk to him you think Baron do better? His life was in danger, see it that way, all argument between that woman and Baron started cuz he treated third woman who was NOT NORMAL like property. Like in "West world". And we now knew that MC is too NOT NORMAL so she leave her NOT NORMAL child in hands of man that developed kink in torturing NOT NORMAL people. Is this not danger for you? Cuz for me it's hell of a dangerous situation, MC wouldn't be in more safe situation if he was born normally. But in this, he didn't know how he was born so didn't know that some big mistake maybe cost him life.
Sure it was a risk, but seemed less risky than trying to run away and get caught. That's why victims don't run away usually, they are afraid of what would happen if they get caught, making things worse.

And even if the baron treat clones (I guess that's what you mean by "not normal) like his properties, it seems like he was more focused on torturing and killing the women clones he created. So yeah of course it's dangerous and she is leaving him into the hands of the baron, but like I said what was the alternative really ? She was overpowered by him and couldn't do anything more without endangering the child anyway. I'm just asking myself : how else could she have handled the situation in a way that would have helped MC more ? Running away with him would mean being chased by the baron, trying to take on or sneak on all the guards by herself would have got her killed most likely and the child wouldn't have been saved anyway. Even if she succeed in that, they still would have been chased afterwards.

So yeah as I don't see a safer option out of that situation, I just can't blame her for trying and going away by herself. She put the attention of the baron on herself rather than on both of them, giving MC the chance to at least not grow up on the run, chased by armies of guards all the time, or being tortured and killed after getting caught anyway. Would be different if she just ran away from a random dude and leaving her child with an abusive dad, but the baron is rich and powerful so there was not a lot of options really. At least being an obedient servant under the service of the baron seemed like the safest way for him to live until he was mature enough to make his own decisions.

Don't know if telling him he's a clone from the beginning would be more or less safer, also. Could have given him ideas of rebellion and put his life in further danger.

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
Sure it was a risk, but seemed less risky than trying to run away and get caught. That's why victims don't run away usually, they are afraid of what would happen if they get caught, making things worse.

And even if the baron treat clones (I guess that's what you mean by "not normal) like his properties, it seems like he was more focused on torturing and killing the women clones he created. So yeah of course it's dangerous and she is leaving him into the hands of the baron, but like I said what was the alternative really ? She was overpowered by him and couldn't do anything more without endangering the child anyway. I'm just asking myself : how else could she have handled the situation in a way that would have helped MC more ? Running away with him would mean being chased by the baron, trying to take on or sneak on all the guards by herself would have got her killed most likely and the child wouldn't have been saved anyway. Even if she succeed in that, they still would have been chased afterwards.

So yeah as I don't see a safer option out of that situation, I just can't blame her for trying and going away by herself. She put the attention of the baron on herself rather than on both of them, giving MC the chance to at least not grow up on the run, chased by armies of guards all the time, or being tortured and killed after getting caught anyway. Would be different if she just ran away from a random dude and leaving her child with an abusive dad, but the baron is rich and powerful so there was not a lot of options really. At least being an obedient servant under the service of the baron seemed like the safest way for him to live until he was mature enough to make his own decisions.

Don't know if telling him he's a clone from the beginning would be more or less safer, also. Could have given him ideas of rebellion and put his life in further danger.
I already tell that MC run away wichout connection and with 3 girl ballast and he is chased too you know. So if he take a risk she could to. And maybe i something don't understand but from her story it was clear that she was not slave or been abused at point. She was wife and partner of Baron, then he start do his shit with clones(i didn't wanted spoiled to anyone and used "not normal" thing.). And only after that she started thinking that it only a matter of time to him start treating her like that too or something. But in a moment she was his wife and she was never abused she even had some power of her own. So stop telling like she was in place of this three girls of those who were before them. It was not a situation when powerful husband many years treat his wife like shit and she can't run cuz she afraid. And also she didn't put any attention to herself we didn't see any clue that Baron even bother to search her. Like we now see he search for MC, really he now go scourge earth even with his relatives to find MC and girls.

I get it that you can't put any blame to her cuz it's how you are and you will pull out any argument to placate her. But i see her fault clearly it need to be addressed, MC need out all he's negative cuz we see that he has some. And after he let it out and she acknowledged that and apologies not in words but in actions. Like help girls, and then and only then they can start build Mother/Son relationship's. Big part of wich would be plan's and thought about how to get back at Baron and take all this moth*****ker has. Cuz clearly plot why MC and Baron had same DNA was put on purpose. Like eventually clone can take place of original and live in big mance with his Mother and girls drinking smoothies every day and staff......

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
For a baron of his horrible calibre, lab-grown/perfect would also imply with a preference to breed with him.
The guy gave them too much free will. So it's his fault.
To be honest, I wouldn't fuck with either of the three, so, who's calling dibs first?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The guy grew tired of the brain dead drones he was accustomed to and asked, rather pressured his
geanealogist to present him with something with a pulse.

The downside was he was himself brain dead and all around devoid of any skill or will to better himself
and so, un able to use the new women he was presented with.

Like stated above, all of those are totally his faults.

Most of the time with the new technologies, you actually need skills to enjoy.

Just watch any wakanda movie or read the comics. They still have around stoneage primitive clans
even despite their huge technological advances, classes unobservant of social rules,
obnoxious to opposite genders or clans in their own nations,
defiant loud mouthed incoherent leaders who would not fully understand gravity, let alone vibranium.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1671304836102.png
1671304848726.png

Sun Breed and Follow the Leader are of course still on track. Working on FtL.10 now and that'll be out within the next two weeks. And then Sun Breed 0.8

I just updated Reconnecting to 0.4, and it'll get a few more updates I'm thinking. Maybe two or three. And then that'll end the anthology right there, for now, anyway.

I want to get to the two big games I have where the stories will be much deeper and there will be a ton of love options. And animations, etc, but Have to finish everything I'm working on now. So that's the plan for now.

Still thinking about this but this is what I'm leaning towards so please let me know what you think if you have any questions.

1671304859277.png

Reactions: rogokin

Chris2606

Jan 9, 2019
I get that right, FtL V0.9 is already out, but still not posted on F95 cause lack of spender or source? Only for my understanding. :unsure:

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
any changelog for 0.09 and 0.10? seems like it's not been updated in the OP for quite a while

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Last couple days Mega isn't working at all. Anyone else notice this? Says something about out of HTML offline storage space.

Geyretarr

Apr 14, 2020
Am I the only one who can't access the gallery? Click on it in the menu and it just goes to preferences.

3.90 star(s) 58 Votes