Fan Art Foot of the Mountains - Fan-Art

thauser

Sep 6, 2020
From Melinda, this character only have the same hair!
Mornin' Terminatorgames :)

after having, like many here, analyzed the structure "Melindatesque", I think your response was a little too quick.
I explain myself.
Contrary to what you indicate it is not about "just that similar hair"....

... it is a too fast and reductive answer because if you analyze the GFX at the level of semantic segmentation, you will be able to note that the hemiphases of the face are rather close to the historical Melinda.

CosmoK

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
I must be one of the many who are waiting.

One can often read here that snc has rights to "MELINDA".
I will answer yes, probably on "the first name" but not on the mesh of the 3D character that we find used in some productions.

I recently saw an old project in which "Melinda" exists but with a different first name and context.
I agree entirely with Thauser, I have mixed several assets available for Daz Studio, shaped it into a female model that is to my liking, her name is Melissa and here she is with her daughter Anna. If I had enough time, I could make these two as main protagonists in a future game, and they would have a great many interesting and erotic
adventures.
I do not think SNC would be able to do anything about it.
P.S. I posess no law related education, so I cannot quote any previous specific litigation case as a precedent!

Ann and MEL 1b.jpg

Last edited:

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
Mornin' Terminatorgames :)

after having, like many here, analyzed the structure "Melindatesque", I think your response was a little too quick.
I explain myself.
Contrary to what you indicate it is not about "just that similar hair"....

... it is a too fast and reductive answer because if you analyze the GFX at the level of semantic segmentation, you will be able to note that the hemiphases of the face are rather close to the historical Melinda.
Good night Mr Thauser!
With all due respect, any character you put Bob hair on looks like Melinda, especially when viewed from afar, hihi!
We already had a post here from a Dark Color character with the same bob hair and was similar to Melinda, hihi!
And of course I'm exaggerating a bit, but it doesn't go very far!:LOL:(y)

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
Everyone is free to do what they want!
Anyone who wants to make a FOTM version is free to do so and you don't have to answer to anyone! (except to the SNC itself, perhaps)
It was the case of Llamamann in his MOD, for example!
As for me, making a game involves a lot more than DAZ Studio...
It involves programming, which I don't know how to do and would take a long time to learn!
It involves buying everything DAZ assets are concerned (in my case, because I want to be cool when I do something serious and not have problems with DAZ people and other resellers)
It involves being legal with the tax system in my country, that is, having to make discounts from all my earnings to the state! (Yes, because I've already had the experience of how dangerous it is not to be legal and the fines applied to those who do not declare earnings)
And take the time to do it since I have a full-time job!
And have enough quality to raise fans who support the adventure, etc etc etc!
It's not just about snapping your fingers and making a game, because some fans are interested, hihi!
But as I say, everyone is free to decide about their life...

thauser

Sep 6, 2020
what surprises me that there is no position name from the makers on fotm here - or did I miss something there

Usually for $ 12 here, $ 14 there, a designer has three dresses, two swimsuits, 4 outdoor scenes.
So the moment you buy assets you are released from any legal obligation to cite the original source.
Except for a specific case which indicates that if it is on the internet, or on videos, that from a certain number of views or page views / month = a certain cost.

There are also free or "not at all expensive" recurrences (the park with the tunnel which is an archetype in the projects listed on F95.

It is very rare to see in projects that an artist has modeled from scratch a character who is not from any catalog (a pure creation, a pure artist's view). For example under 3Dsmax or with Blender. (or Rhino regardless of the soft ca remain vertices, polys).

snc cannot therefore deposit any copyright on its character because the original model that can be purchased from a catalog already exists. (to customize according to your tastes, perception, talent etc ...)
In addition to deposit something is done over a period of time and also in one OR several countries and there we enter each year into dogmas to pay more than $ 30,000

So, to be more precise, you, Psycho, Cosmok and number whose name I forget in this thread, do a work called alchemy.
Such% of character here, such% of attitude, feeling, perception, wrinkling of the corner of the eye, adjustment of the mouth.

CosmoK is right with "Melissa and Anna".
Take the case of a parallel story.
CosmoK decides to develop Melissa's story, with all her talent and her long work of R&D and modifications ...

There is a textbook case on F95: Big Brother and his clone quirials ... There seems to be no trial.

It would be great for a lawyer to go through here to go further in depth on these questions :)

Reactions: CosmoK

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
I'm going to expose you to a situation that I came across yesterday here on this site!
Somewhere in one of the threads, someone posted an almost entire (Leaked) collection of renders with mini stories about Milfs and incest!
Some rebelled against the person who posted what was not his work, even because the artist is a regular on this site and advertises his art, calling people to join his PATREON!
So far nothing wrong with the artist, as he is not the only one who uses this medium to draw more fans to his PATREON!
Later on, I saw a post by the artist saying that he wouldn't pay attention to this because his work was already stolen from many sites, which even charge money for downloads!
Now I ask...
What could this artist do, legally, since "I assume" didn't use the assets legally to make his work? (didn't buy them)
He himself runs the risk of answering to the law!
Once again I say that this is what I assume and it may not correspond to the truth, as I don't want to get into trouble and that's why I didn't even name the protagonists!

iamcharlie

Apr 9, 2020
I must be one of the many who are waiting.

One can often read here that snc has rights to "MELINDA".
I will answer yes, probably on "the first name" but not on the mesh of the 3D character that we find used in some productions.

I recently saw an old project in which "Melinda" exists but with a different first name and context.
bro can you please tell me the other game name please?

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
Last edited:

CosmoK

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: Terminatorgames

CosmoK

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
I agree entirely with Thauser, I have mixed several assets available for Daz Studio, shaped it into a female model that is to my liking, her name is Melissa and here she is with her daughter Anna. If I had enough time, I could make these two as main protagonists in a future game, and they would have a great many interesting and erotic
adventures.
I do not think SNC would be able to do anything about it.
P.S. I posess no law related education, so I cannot quote any previous specific litigation case as a precedent!

View attachment 1377957
In the above post when I said "if I had enough time", the correct text should have been "if I had enough time and talent, and probably other qualities that I do not know yet that I do not possess".

AbdelAdrian

Oct 17, 2017
And enough for now!
I finally found him! This one I think you'll like, hihi!
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-different-summer-ep-1-6-k84.11800/

A question for you COSMOK!
Have you ever played this game?
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-v0-6-full-oceanlab.19856/

What a MILF!(his mother)
What a waste!
"Where It All Began" Really great game (y)(y)
Milf is wicked hot :sneaky:
1.jpg
It's a pity that the creators stopped the continuation focusing on "Summer's Gone"
Maybe even better ... but still a pity :cry::cry:
There are a few hot milf also ;)
2.jpg 3.jpg

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
OK!
If I may, I will clarify something here for everyone who is interested!
Some of you may be intrigued, others upset and others even relieved, others indifferent, but things are as they are...
I was a big SNC FOTM fan!
For me he created an exceptional Milf, but it wasn't just Milf, it was also the context and circumstances of the story (initially)
I followed its development with all interest until the end and despite all the complaints and regrets from the staff who didn't like the story's development, we have to agree that it was a great creation, otherwise it wouldn't have as many fans as it had!
It was through him that I awoke my interest in 3d!
So, from the moment I started, I use a poorly made copy of Melinda, not with the intention of ever creating a game related to her, but it was the character I chose to follow during my learning period, which still It's not over!
When I feel ready, I'll drop Melinda and this Fan art and go on my way!
I don't have and never had any intention of making a FOTM remake, or using any of its characters in any of my projects!
Despite some colleagues, constantly insisting on wanting to take me down, making stupid comparisons between me and COSMOK, I'm spraying myself for it all!
And this why?
In case you didn't know, my relationship with Cosmok is excellent and without disputes!
We both use our knowledge to help each other and it's not how some would like it to be, fighting ourselves!
But there are many individuals here, who apparently want us to get along badly, because they want COSMOK to continue FAN GAME!
Maybe it's a surprise for you my friends, but I'm also looking forward to it, if it's his will, as for me, don't be bothered because when I'm ready, I'll sail to foreign waters, hihi...
Until then, I ask permission to these individuals to continue doing what I have been doing for about a year and a half...
Can I?

thauser

Sep 6, 2020
In the above post when I said "if I had enough time", the correct text should have been "if I had enough time and talent, and probably other qualities that I do not know yet that I do not possess".
At least no one can say that you have the Dunning-Kruger effect!
You know ... a person who doubts and who is entangled in humility and social judgment does not dare to openly assert himself.

For example DARE to put on his artworks a TAG, a sign, a symbol, a pictogram, a semiotic which allows a person to see "a branding". You should for those and those who never sign their artwork AGREE to release this block. ;)

Not daring to sign your artworks is already a form of negation of your own recognition. On the other hand, I understand this subject very well and respect it enormously.

On the other hand, it rains every day projects held by people who have an overconfidence in them.
The editorial is not very mature, the script, the plot of the story totally wobbly. Rotten interfaces no one understanding what to click ...
And yet, these people dare, take the plunge and even collect fans. These people doing dirty things get the vote.

The GFX, the renders are distressing. No lighting management, rough formwork, disgusting).

And you (the talented pack) doubt and doubt yourself.
You are still in the hypothetical search for perfection.

This research is the same construction as when you work on an artwork: is there a detail missing? Have I thought of everything? Should I publish it? And if the artwork is badly perceived at the symbolic level, it can make a shitstorm? And is the character right where he needs to be?

You will spend time in doubts that have no legitimacy to exist.
At some point, you have to move forward and provoke in your being a small beneficial disruption allowing you to evolve than otherwise: areas of comfort, a reassuring shielded cocoon.
Leaving the carcass of the eternal student who learns DAZ for example to establish himself as an artist, designer, creator etc.

We can impose ourselves by work, benevolence of course and not by violence and wanting to dominate and crush others. HEGEL addresses the complexity of recognition well.

So, those who doubt get started.
Or make a team capable of working together.

Reactions: CosmoK

CosmoK

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Reactions: Terminatorgames

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
OK!
If I may, I will clarify something here for everyone who is interested!
Some of you may be intrigued, others upset and others even relieved, others indifferent, but things are as they are...
I was a big SNC FOTM fan!
For me he created an exceptional Milf, but it wasn't just Milf, it was also the context and circumstances of the story (initially)
I followed its development with all interest until the end and despite all the complaints and regrets from the staff who didn't like the story's development, we have to agree that it was a great creation, otherwise it wouldn't have as many fans as it had!
It was through him that I awoke my interest in 3d!
So, from the moment I started, I use a poorly made copy of Melinda, not with the intention of ever creating a game related to her, but it was the character I chose to follow during my learning period, which still It's not over!
When I feel ready, I'll drop Melinda and this Fan art and go on my way!
I don't have and never had any intention of making a FOTM remake, or using any of its characters in any of my projects!
Despite some colleagues, constantly insisting on wanting to take me down, making stupid comparisons between me and COSMOK, I'm spraying myself for it all!
And this why?
In case you didn't know, my relationship with Cosmok is excellent and without disputes!
We both use our knowledge to help each other and it's not how some would like it to be, fighting ourselves!
But there are many individuals here, who apparently want us to get along badly, because they want COSMOK to continue FAN GAME!
Maybe it's a surprise for you my friends, but I'm also looking forward to it, if it's his will, as for me, don't be bothered because when I'm ready, I'll sail to foreign waters, hihi...
Until then, I ask permission to these individuals to continue doing what I have been doing for about a year and a half...
Can I?
lately I understand you less and less, you have to ask permission to do what you like? why? post your works and do not think about what other people think, yours are excellent works and are always growing, I appreciate the fact that you try to do humor..I think it's the hardest thing about f95, to make people smile, if I made some notes I apologize, but my understanding was different ... I have always appreciated your work, keep posting and try to have fun when there work or risk that this passion becomes a burden