3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

VitaProduct

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2022
3.5g is too large for 0.1. Can you use webp instead of png and post the compressed version as well?
Unfortunately you're right about the size...Let's just say because of my inexperience because i'm very new to this stuff. But i hope i will make the size smaller in next update. If you have a suggestion about this, I'd love to hear it.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Unfortunately you're right about the size...Let's just say because of my inexperience because i'm very new to this stuff. But i hope i will make the size smaller in next update. If you have a suggestion about this, I'd love to hear it.
First off, use webp and webm instead of png or mov files. They are way more lighter. Then, know your customer-/player-base. If none of them or just a very small portion uses 4k monitors, it's not worth to render in 4k. The most people I interacted with are still on 1080p or maybe on 1440p. It would still have a sufficent resolution and, as a positive outcome, is faster to render. A poll about the resolution could help to figure out, which would be the best to render in.

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

VitaProduct

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2022
First off, use webp and webm instead of png or mov files. They are way more lighter. Then, know your customer-/player-base. If none of them or just a very small portion uses 4k monitors, it's not worth to render in 4k. The most people I interacted with are still on 1080p or maybe on 1440p. It would still have a sufficent resolution and, as a positive outcome, is faster to render. A poll about the resolution could help to figure out, which would be the best to render in.
First of all, thank you very much for your suggestion. I'm looking for a good compression application so maybe the image quality will drop a bit but it will have much less size. So people who don't want to download the higher sized version can download the lighter version.

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Footprints of the Future [v0.1] [Vita] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 3,49 GB / 455 MB - FootprintsoftheFuture-0.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 3,48 GB / 441 MB - FootprintsoftheFuture-0.1-mac-crunched.zip
= ~13% of the original size, image/video quality 90%/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
Footprints of the Future [v0.1] [Vita] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 3,49 GB / 455 MB - FootprintsoftheFuture-0.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 3,48 GB / 441 MB - FootprintsoftheFuture-0.1-mac-crunched.zip
= ~13% of the original size, image/video quality 90%/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thanks brother

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ"
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote