Mod Ren'Py Four Elements Trainer: Remastered [v0.1] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

anonlulw

Jun 22, 2020
Hey I got an error message while trying to bring up the walkthrough menu in book 1 love route. I'm on version 0.8.6d if that helps
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 6, in execute
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 7, in execute
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 8, in execute
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 10, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'mod/images/supportbtn_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\core.py", line 3033, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\core.py", line 3033, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 6, in execute
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 7, in execute
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 8, in execute
  File "game/mod/Book 1/Book1_Love_Screens.rpy", line 10, in execute
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\ui.py", line 927, in _imagebutton
    idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
  File "C:\Users\dvas8\Desktop\nutt 3\renpy\ui.py", line 921, in choice
    raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'mod/images/supportbtn_%s.png').

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.8.6d
Sun Jun 21 22:41:36 2020

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
why was this abandoned?
Since there is already another mod from another modder that is actually being updated. The modder stopped giving any response in this thread and an update never came, this mod still only includes book 1 and 2, even though he did share some work about adding book 3. He is prioritizing too many other mods and thus basically abandoned this one, even though not officially.

On this site something counts as abandoned if there wasn't any response from the creator for about 3 months, which applies here with this mod.
And it would be on hold instead of abandoned if he actually stated that, but there never was a response.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
xZecretX which one would be the updated walkthrough mod? Because Lain's look like the most up to date one...
Well, I guess it depends for what purpose you use it. Walkthrough, probably (even though only up to book 2), but not the gallery.
This link got already posted earlier with a mod with the gallery: https://f95zone.to/threads/four-elements-trainer-gallery-enabler-v0-8-7.49106/

Edit: But the point still stands, that this mod basically is abandoned, without any new response regarding this mod from the creator for over 3 months.

Last edited:

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
People don't really want to read posts on the exact same page, do they now?
how about book 3 ?
so is this actually abandonned or will lain come back to work on it sometime
Mod is only up to book 2 (like the OP states), book 3 was in the works but the modder got other priorities. In fact so many that he didn't give any response regarding this mod for over 3 months, the time needed on this site for something to count as abandoned.
There is another tag if it would be "on hold", but that requires an official statement from the modder, which never came.

Reactions: Marrionette

Kyiv

Mar 4, 2020

Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.8 or higher

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every scene, event, and quest for all routes in Books 1 & 2 of Four Elements Trainer! You can see the requirements for all scenes and quests, track your progress to see how close you are to unlocking specific scenes, and see whether you've already watched a scene or not so you can know if you've watched them all.

• A scene gallery containing every scene from Books 1 & 2 can now be accessed from the main menu. All the scenes are already unlocked/viewable, meaning you don't have to replay the game to be able to see all the scenes in the gallery.

• A cheat menu has been added for Books 1 & 2 which has cheats that allow you to max your money, add all items to your inventory, skip crab battles (fuck those crabs!), and more.

How to use the mod:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac: -
Android: -

update your mod

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
This either its abandoned & outdated or just in an unknown state.

anyone mind to confirm if this works for lastest version?

and NO im not asking to the OP to update this =) im asking if this is updated with lastest versions or not.

Reactions: Kyiv

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
This either its abandoned & outdated or just in an unknown state.

anyone mind to confirm if this works for lastest version?

and NO im not asking to the OP to update this =) im asking if this is updated with lastest versions or not.
Keep in mind that it is only for book 1 and 2, as the OP states, I wouldn't see much use in this since book 4 slave is already done and love is soon or already in the works.
But this mod still works, so "0.8 or higher" still applies.

Whether it works or not is irrelevant, it still counts as abandoned since it is missing updates (at least both book 3 routes until book 4 is finished) and because there haven't been any response from the modder regarding this mod.
If the modder states that at some point he will continue this mod then this thread would get the "on hold" tag, else it stays tagged as abandoned until an update for this mod or its state appears.

Blaizeken

Jan 6, 2020
How am I supposed to press the cheat button on phone? It is so small that even a tiny touch on it doesn't work.

MACtheWild

Aug 30, 2017
Does the cheat menu no longer work in more recent versions? I can't seem to get it to open up. I've been trying to figure out how to unlock the true ending in Book 2's love route, and I was really hoping this would help...

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I got it working. And it turned out I needed way more exhibitionism than I thought I had. Got tired of those foot-licking scenes, I wish I had known beforehand that morality didn't matter on the love route.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes