WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Lol some guys here are ungrateful, this update has a fair amount of content considering the time spent for it. For a one month update its pretty correct. A lot of games have WAY less content than this game and they take three to four months for each update.
There have been way larger updates of other games and of this game. Just because other games have absolutely horrific amounts of content as they bleed their patreons dry, doesn't mean you should praise other games for being below average. Raise your fucking standards people.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Is there an Android version of the latest update 0.8.3a?
Seems OSX one has landed (one page back), Android one should come 'soon'[TM].

ty for that save, temp, very very appreciated! :)

Edit: Baharomont usually 'TBA' means 'to be announced'. In this case new Changelog is not provided yet.

Last edited:

MusicSoft

Jul 3, 2017
What? I've seen this logic before and it doesn't make sense. More money should directly scale to larger updates as they should be able to purchase better tools, some extra staff or other things to help out. Not sure how you can say 240k a year isn't enough to upscale.
You have a warped sense of how creative work works if you think throwing more bodies and tools at it will translate to larger updates. It could very well lead to smaller updates and/or delays, because coordination would be harder, especially for the first month or two while they basically have to get the new people up to speed. And it's not like you're going to be hiring another character artist. Maybe a background artist or an animator, but again, you'll be adding overhead besides money that you haven't considered.

You need to get you head out of the AAA mindset. The answer isn't always get bigger. MITY has been a small team this whole time. They built their Patreon as a small team, and from my perspective, they haven't fallen behind like a lot of devs do once they get their nut. I see no reason for them to throw their profits after a solution that might not even solve the so-called problem, very well could make the so-called problem worse, and might even negatively impact the quality of the end result.

No thanks. I'll be happy with the several quality animated scenes a month coming out of a game I'm not even personally paying for. My standards are plenty high enough for free

Jul 9, 2017
There have been way larger updates of other games and of this game. Just because other games have absolutely horrific amounts of content as they bleed their patreons dry, doesn't mean you should praise other games for being below average. Raise your fucking standards people.
Yes, there have been larger updates to this game. Were those larger updates done in a single month? Hint: The answer is no. It's a shorter update than normal because the development time was shorter than normal.

Reactions: GaRbS

taler

Oct 5, 2017
How good is this game guys? This game is rated like it's the best game on the site. Should I start watching Avatar just so I can play this?

Jul 9, 2017
How good is this game guys? This game is rated like it's the best game on the site. Should I start watching Avatar just so I can play this?
The game should be fine even if you've never watched the show, but some of the content is greatly enhanced by knowing the characters/actual events.

You should watch the show on the basic principle of it being one of the best shows made in the 00s(many will say ever, and I personally wouldn't disagree). Plus, it's only 3 seasons long so it isn't a huge time sink.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
My main stopper for watching avatar, which I gave 3 episodes like 2 years ago, is how childish it is. The main char's like 10 years old and watching him fumble around and be awkward is... I'm sure it's a good show but sighs, hard to get over that.

The game though, I see you're a waifu academy fan. I love that game, how is this game in comparison?

dirkbones

Dec 2, 2018
My main stopper for watching avatar, which I gave 3 episodes like 2 years ago, is how childish it is. The main char's like 10 years old and watching him fumble around and be awkward is... I'm sure it's a good show but sighs, hard to get over that.

The game though, I see you're a waifu academy fan. I love that game, how is this game in comparison?
So, in defense of Avatar, yes, Aang does start out childish. There's reasons for that, one of which is that he's 10. But! That's the whole point of the show, in that a 10 year old has to learn how to accept the responsibility of becoming the Avatar. The first half of the first season is showing what Aang is, the rest of the series shows what Aang becomes. All of the characters have really good arcs, including the villains. Also, it has some of the best world building I've ever seen, and by the end it gets fucking epic.

If you have the time I would really suggest powering through the first 10 episodes. If you don't like it by then, then so be it. But, if you like epic fantasy with great characters and some genuinely funny humor, give it another chance.

Also, on the other question about having to watch the show to play the game: Naw. It would help to give some background on the characters, but, you don't really need it.

reaper1123

Jan 25, 2018
What do I do in Book 4, after I buy the amon suit and rope from Shady?
you need to get the powder from shady, (send korra to get it for you after receiving a call from shady in your study room,
after that talk to korra who will you give you the powder and go to the statue island and talk with korra there,

Reactions: rfsniper
Jul 9, 2017

Seconding what dirkbones said, the first part of Book 1 shows where the characters start with the rest of the series showing how tremendously they grow.

Comparing FET with Waifu Academy, FET has substantially more content(as each of the three completed Books has 2 routes to take). However, it's a Trainer game, so there's a decent mixture of grinding/finding where to progress the story in certain parts that you don't have in WA. But overall, I'd say it's definitely one of the best games on the site, and one of the few I've donated to after finding it here.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
You have a warped sense of how creative work works if you think throwing more bodies and tools at it will translate to larger updates. It could very well lead to smaller updates and/or delays, because coordination would be harder, especially for the first month or two while they basically have to get the new people up to speed. And it's not like you're going to be hiring another character artist. Maybe a background artist or an animator, but again, you'll be adding overhead besides money that you haven't considered.

You need to get you head out of the AAA mindset. The answer isn't always get bigger. MITY has been a small team this whole time. They built their Patreon as a small team, and from my perspective, they haven't fallen behind like a lot of devs do once they get their nut. I see no reason for them to throw their profits after a solution that might not even solve the so-called problem, very well could make the so-called problem worse, and might even negatively impact the quality of the end result.

No thanks. I'll be happy with the several quality animated scenes a month coming out of a game I'm not even personally paying for. My standards are plenty high enough for free
Yeah I mean you can say "what if it went wrong" all you like, doesn't make it true. There is ALWAYS the option to hire more artists and this could have a negative impact in the short run - but not in the long run. There's ALWAYS the option of hiring another developer so that the main development guy can focus on writing the script. The answer isn't always to get bigger, there's always going to be a minimum efficient scale - but they're very far from it which is very evident from seeing how many people they've got split working on completely different categories of work.

The point is the updates shouldn't be getting shorter as they've got bigger income - which I have supported in the past (not currently though) - yet they seem to have got less content done this month than ever before - especially accounting for the fact there wasn't even any massive work on the exploration mini-game.

Just use your brain please.

Yes, there have been larger updates to this game. Were those larger updates done in a single month? Hint: The answer is no. It's a shorter update than normal because the development time was shorter than normal.
Simply isn't true. If you account for the few days delay due to internet troubles then this has been a longer cycle than normal even. And even discounting that it's far shorter both in script and events than other updates we've seen.

Omega Deose

Dec 24, 2018
need help Lin ask em to collect more infos about teh equalist but the only one i meet was when i helped shady and wathced over his shop what most i doi

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
Eh I'll just do what I did in the past for this game, wait till the book is near completion that way I don't stress my self out if an update doesn't meet my expectations and when I do finally play it I'll have a bulk of content to keep me occupied, I did it for book 3 and wasn't disappointed so I'll do it for book 4 plus LoK has a lot of potential so I hope it pays off again.

Reactions: GoodForYou

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah I mean you can say "what if it went wrong" all you like, doesn't make it true. There is ALWAYS the option to hire more artists and this could have a negative impact in the short run - but not in the long run. There's ALWAYS the option of hiring another developer so that the main development guy can focus on writing the script. The answer isn't always to get bigger, there's always going to be a minimum efficient scale - but they're very far from it which is very evident from seeing how many people they've got split working on completely different categories of work.

The point is the updates shouldn't be getting shorter as they've got bigger income - which I have supported in the past (not currently though) - yet they seem to have got less content done this month than ever before - especially accounting for the fact there wasn't even any massive work on the exploration mini-game.

Just use your brain please.

Simply isn't true. If you account for the few days delay due to internet troubles then this has been a longer cycle than normal even. And even discounting that it's far shorter both in script and events than other updates we've seen.
Don't you think, you're a little unfair here? Mity could publish updates like this for years and would still be ahead of 99% of adult game patreon developers. One (!) update that has less content than expected and they get the cold shoulder? Not from me. Still took me 2 hours to play through and yes, I took my time, because I enjoy every minute of it.
There are reasons why this has a little less content, all of them were communicated by Mity, which is also a thing a lot of developers are lacking.
E.g.:
I've also been testing out some new super rough and quick walkaround areas for future builds and those turned out to be major timesinks. Even in their highly limited state. I could've and should've known this already, but yeah.... I didn't. So we're most likely going to keep things as they are now with only the two already present areas and no more. I tested a small thing to make a walk around area more interesting and functional but can't talk about that yet since it won't be included anyway and would probably spoil the shit out future builds.
I have no problems with them "wasting" time on some fresh ideas they might have, cause they've proven to me they have what it takes to make a fun lewd game.
And as others said, more money doesn't automatically mean more/better content. They're a two man team and you'd need to find a person that's fitting on an art, business and personal level.
Also it's July/August and I know you guys in the US are not used to get free days but here in Europe it's holiday season.

4.50 star(s) 273 Votes