avn10.6.8

Jul 30, 2017
For sure! First you google 'renpy sdk' and should be taken to the renpy home website, and the link should be to the page which has download links for the SDK. Choose the .dmg option. Unpack the .dmg and you'll now have a folder which should be named something like renpy-7.xxx.xxxx-sdk. If you open the folder you should see an icon called 'ren'py launcher'. If you place a game folder in the renpy-xxxxxxx-sdk folder, by dragging the folder from your desktop into the folder, and double click the 'renpy launcher' icon, it should bring up a list of 'projects' on the left hand side; these are your games. Simply select a game and click 'launch project' on the bottom right. It should then allow you to play the game. If you have any issues getting it to work I'm happy to help. I'd link directly but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.
Thanks and a question
Can the similar thing be done with RPGM and unity with mac

Kirino22

Oct 6, 2019
How do you get korra stats to go lower then 80 or do I have to wait for the next update?

Last edited:

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
No, because new content hasn't been released yet.
The only update we got as of recently was the halloween bit, nothing else. The actual "game" update hasn't even come out yet for reasons explained a couple posts above yours.
yeah, thanks. i also just noticed it's a separate DL

D

Deleted member 436513

Thanks and a question
RPGMaker is the same yeah (a complete game also acts as the "project file" for that game which you can just open in the editor), Unity I'm less sure about. If it's Mono based you could theoretically decompile all the code, extract all the assets and have a 1:1 copy of everything necessary to rebuild the project for Mac/Linux/Android, but I don't know if there's an easy one click solution for it out there. And if it uses IL2CPP (the logic of the game gets written to a native Windows binary), you're out of luck.

On the bright side there's always Wine, and it's a matter of clicking a single button on the developer's end - so most Unity games end up having a Mac/Linux version anyways.

fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
RPGMaker is the same yeah (a complete game also acts as the "project file" for that game which you can just open in the editor), Unity I'm less sure about. If it's Mono based you could theoretically decompile all the code, extract all the assets and have a 1:1 copy of everything necessary to rebuild the project for Mac/Linux/Android, but I don't know if there's an easy one click solution for it out there. And if it uses IL2CPP (the logic of the game gets written to a native Windows binary), you're out of luck.

On the bright side there's always Wine, and it's a matter of clicking a single button on the developer's end - so most Unity games end up having a Mac/Linux version anyways.

The issue for me is, why should I have to go through all of that, when the developer makes Mac versions of a game, but it gets ignored in updating. I started out in Unix, so when OS X came out, I went back to my roots, since most of the older VME systems used the Motorola CPU's and a lot use the PowerPC CPUs today. I developed a lot of embedded systems and tested them under OS X.

*shrugs* So, someone like myself, would be helpful to trouble shoot coding issues. Could I download the Ren'py developer kit and then down load windows game and then make a project? Sure, the question is, why should I have to. There are several games, besides this one that have basically lagged the Mac Users by several releases.

Please don't go to the flame war on operating systems.

N3fer

May 20, 2017
I've been stuck at 2/5 with toph for a very long time now, like 8 month or so, checking the version once in a while to see if anything changed but never got anyscene.

She tells me I should talk to Katara but Katara has nothing to say, what do I miss ? I have unlocked everything with everyone except the crabs that bore me to death.

Do I need to do the crab thing ? What the hell do I miss ?
I'd really appreciate some help.

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Please guys, this is getting ridiculous, the new Halloween Special is in the first page, and the latest entry on Patreon is the fourth thing that comes if you use the Search Bar here just typing "done-ish".

D

Deleted member 436513

The issue for me is, why should I have to go through all of that, when the developer makes Mac versions of a game, but it gets ignored in updating. I started out in Unix, so when OS X came out, I went back to my roots, since most of the older VME systems used the Motorola CPU's and a lot use the PowerPC CPUs today. I developed a lot of embedded systems and tested them under OS X.

*shrugs* So, someone like myself, would be helpful to trouble shoot coding issues. Could I download the Ren'py developer kit and then down load windows game and then make a project? Sure, the question is, why should I have to. There are several games, besides this one that have basically lagged the Mac Users by several releases.

Please don't go to the flame war on operating systems.
Laziness, pretty much. I'd also hazard a guess that most devs don't have fancy build systems or scripts for their game that automatically compiles, packages and uploads all three versions without any input. It's much more likely (even with a "high profile" game like Summertime Saga) that they literally open an editor, click "Windows build", close it, open it again, click "Mac build", right click on the folder, manually create a zip archive with WinRAR, go to Mega in their browser, etc.

avn10.6.8

Jul 30, 2017

Thanks
any advice on weather or not buy RPGmaker or try to find a free one?

kDarcsen

Nov 10, 2017
Thanks and a question
RPGM - pain in the ass, never got a work around, but you could always just create a partition using bootcamp, though that would solve basically any issues you were having with any of this stuff.
Unity - I would use Wine. There are tutorials out there for how to install it. Works pretty well.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
thx for the updates but then can someone please post the link to the new Halloween Special?
Should be on the front page of the thread. And if it's not, search the thread.

anybody got the updated version of the halloween sidestory ?
There is no "updated version".

Is there an android port for the new Halloween special?
MAC =

Android =

On the patreon there is a post titled " !" would anyone be willing to write what it says here?
So I finally finished the Halloween side story and uploaded it today. For the next couple of days, I'll be killing bugs and hopefully adding/improving some things.

Finishing the bughunt today, felt a lot like coming up for air after diving. Wonderful! I've just finished answering a bunch of pm's which were all gathering dust.

I haven't done nearly the amount of stuff I wanted to, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with the result. It was a crazy couple of weeks and I had a couple of bugs which were absolutely horrendous and at one time had me doing little dream tests.

That means I seriously wondered if I was dreaming and this was one of those unsolvable dreambugs which I encountered in my sleeping stages. So I tested whether I could do things I can't do in the real world, like breathing through a closed nose. I've never seen 3:00 AM (and later) appear on this much of a continual basis on my alarm clock.

I also started doing exercises before sleeping which someone told me would cut down heavily on my sleeping time without feeling sleepy the next day. Maybe those exercises are working or maybe I'm just on a weird sort of high, but I'm feeling dandy.

More importantly, the few times I talked with the coder is leading me to believe he's really been perking up. I'm still not 100% certain I can trust him on his word when he says he's doing great, but I'm feeling reasonably good about it.

I asked whether he wanted to play an early version of the bughunt build, assuring him it was entirely okay if he didn't feel like it yet, but he was all into it and sent me back a truly endless list with spelling mistakes. That's a good sign. Not for my spelling abilities, but it is for his energy levels.

Sooo I'll try and cross the t's and dot the i's of this mini side chapter and in a couple of days it'll be ready for a proper release! Just in time for Halloween.

The great thing about having to do this by yourself is, one: your really appreciate the stuff the coder has to go through. And second, when we're going back to our original routine where the coder codes and I just draw... it'll feel like a vacation to me : )

So yeah, sit tight until I can get all of oddities flattened and maybe add some stuff.

I'm feeling good, coder is feeling better and I hope you all feel awesome. Have a great (what's left of it anyway) weekend and talk to you later!

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi, I only finished Korra story and a part of fire nation story. Is there any spoiler in Halloween Special?

4.50 star(s) 272 Votes