IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Hate to ask but any idea what the problem is, it only happens with crab battles in chapter 3

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/bk3_s_arena_shit.rpy", line 14813, in <module>
NameError: name 'hit_chance' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "stand_dealerplays.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "bjstart.rpyc", line 90, in script call
  File "bjstart.rpyc", line 93, in script call
  File "blackjack.rpyc", line 138, in script call
  File "stand_dealerplays.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "bk3_l_maze.rpyc", line 3081, in script call
  File "bk3_s_arena_shit.rpyc", line 14813, in script
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.8.3c
Tue Nov 19 04:59:41 2019
Just ignore and go on.

Reactions: Tyronehu

waldo1

Jan 21, 2019
Fair enough XD
Just really, really sick of the vitriol from the folks here, most of which is given without prior understanding. Not to mention "save plz", "update plz" "how to fix?". As I stated above, I'm pretty sure reading prior posts before posting is a rule.
Be it an argument or flaming of a game, or a question, or pestering for content, check to see if it's been asked ;.;
Or mind your own business, your not sheriff of the inter webs.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
You're posting on a public forum. You're literally making it the business of anyone interested in that thread. That, and they're free to post their opinions, so likewise you are not the "sheriff of the inter webs".

Also, you're*
Ya I loved the logic.

Don't criticize me for criticizing others.

Reactions: Lornely

Chokel

Aug 31, 2017
Ya I loved the logic.

Don't criticize me for criticizing others.
he meant by making a scene out of it, people get notifications about this thread, thinking there are some news and you basically cockblock them by posting a useless comment, like my reply to yours, use pms for personal rants and your opinion, especially if the game is that popular and on hold.

Edit: there seems to be a "new" post on mity's patreon from november 7th would really appreciate it if someone could post it on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarpeDiem69

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Hate to ask but any idea what the problem is, it only happens with crab battles in chapter 3

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "bjstart.rpyc", line 93, in script call
  File "blackjack.rpyc", line 138, in script call
  File "stand_dealerplays.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "bk3_l_maze.rpyc", line 3081, in script call
  File "bk3_s_arena_shit.rpyc", line 14813, in script
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.8.3c
Tue Nov 19 04:59:41 2019
I don’t know why you need these crabs. If you use a topic search, you can easily find the answer to this question. Also a good read about what the game is.
Your mistake is because you took too seriously one of the secondary game quests. The developer did not plan to create a game about a crab farm and therefore did not try to fix this bug. To complete the game you do not need to devote so much time to crabs. In the normal passage of this bug does not occur. #8,818

• Angry
Reactions: TruePower
D

Deleted member 436513

Edit: there seems to be a "new" post on mity's patreon from november 7th would really appreciate it if someone could post it on here.
Someone already did:
My crystal ball(s of steel!)

Time for an update to let you all know what to expect from us this month! That's right! It's crystal ball time!

On the first of this month I started probing how the coder was doing. I also started work on the real next build. From scratch(!) using the stuff I had already drawn and sent to the coder, with the same sort of zeal I slapped the Halloween side story together with. Just a matter of being super cautious and proactive about the current state of things. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst etc.

I learned a few things along the way of creating the Halloween side story and figured I might as well assume a worst case scenario until I was proven wrong.

One of the things I suggested to the coder was for him to just send me all of the things he had already finished so I could try and tie it up myself. If he didn't feel up to doing anything serious himself yet I'd have been happy to jump in. I'm even happier to say he was very much against that idea. Sometimes you suggest things the same way you use canaries in a coal mine. I thought suggesting something like that and the reaction to it would tell me a lot more than just a simple "hey how are you doing?"

I think it's a good sign he doesn't want to take the easier way out of letting me handle things, but I also want to be very careful of not having him immediately jump into the thick of things once more.

He still hasn't entirely convinced me he's back to full power so I suggested he'd slowly start poking the new build (if he feels he's up to it) for literally five minutes a day at the start and just work his way up and see how it goes. Depending on how far he got until I told him to take that break a couple of weeks back, I figure an end of the month build should be possible.

For some of you that might not be nearly fast enough, me neither, but I prefer being careful/safe now and not being sorry later. Also, I very much doubt the coder was creating his best stuff in the weeks leading up to me forcing him to take that break. He pretty much already admitted as much in between the lines. I've put my own efforts to create a new build of the main story on ice and hopefully it can stay there forever. But if worse comes to worse I'm ready to fire up that plan B once more.

Soooo... what am I doing right now? Mostly going through the scenes I had already finished and taking the opportunity to add some small things I hadn't at first because the time/result balance wasn't in favor of doing them. But I'm also noticing some small things I hadn't at first. That's the advantage of not looking at something for awhile. When you come back to it, it's almost like you're seeing it for the first time and pick up things you hadn't noticed at first.

It usually is something like a head which is too big or a skin color which isn't entirely fitting anymore when combined with a darker background. Simple stuff, but still the sort of thing which can be a timesink. So I'm doing that sorta thing right now. When that's finished I'm going to work on the art for the final build of this route.

I've also had to take measures against getting thin skin this week. Literal thin skin. If you'd ever see me draw for a few minutes you'd probably have to puke. I zoom and rotate pics so often it's like a roller coaster. I mostly use my left index finger which races along the mouse wheel to zoom in and out, but the skin on that finger started getting reeeally sensitive. I try using my other finger, but that one just isn't positioned right relative to the mouse wheel. I came up with a solution which is more of an improvement than a solution, but still much better.

I already told you guys I'm pretty much a dumping grounds for family who has an old pc etc so I rummaged through my collection of old mice and found what I was looking for among them. Now naturally this just happened to be the one mouse whose scrolling wheel was broken, so I had to fix that first (using glue, a screwdriver and a sharp knife.)

What was so special about this mouse which I wanted to try out? It has a rubberized concave wheel instead of hard and convex one! And that... helps a lot. I'll sketch up a quick example for you to instantly see what I mean.

I'm still trying to use my ring finger (instead of the sensitive index one) to scroll as much as I can, but whenever I do forget, this new mouse wheel is much preferable.

If there's anything to take away from this update, it's the following.

We're not out of the woods yet, but we're slowly walking in that general direction and I hope/expect to end this month with a fresh new build which doesn't smell of overworked coder. And that's a good thing because my motivation takes a hit if I don't know when or if something will get done. I'll admit it, I'm the sort of person who likes to have dates and schedules and can become fidgety without them.

Peace!
In other news, we're now only one week away from "the end of this month".

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
I like MITY, they deserve the benefit of the doubt I think. But I also think people's standards are so low from other devs, they refuse to call any other devs out as they've seen so much worse before. You've become desensitized to the delays.

On the one hand, they're getting paid more than enough for people to be annoyed at the delays. You wouldn't get away with this in a normal job, you'd be out the door for not putting up any substantial work.

Though maybe you see Patreon as less of a business and more of us supporting our favorite creators. Maybe this is acceptable, as we're supporting them as people, not as a business.

My belief probably leans toward the former. These patreon pages are setup to be businesses and jobs to the people behind them, people are entitled to professionalism and consistent work if they support them.

Dvod23

Dec 21, 2017
Hey so I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but I didn't want to scroll through 600 pages of comments to find out...
I'm playing book 4 and I want to go ahead and train with Korra, but I don't know any airbending techniques. How do I fix this/ move past this point?
-Thanks

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Hey so I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but I didn't want to scroll through 600 pages of comments to find out...
I'm playing book 4 and I want to go ahead and train with Korra, but I don't know any airbending techniques. How do I fix this/ move past this point?
-Thanks
It has been a while since I was there if I recall you need to speak with Shady for the first scroll

Reactions: maxmustertyp

Dvod23

Dec 21, 2017
It has been a while since I was there if I recall you need to speak with Shady for the first scroll
I can only buy exercise equipment off of shady right now... I have trained with spinners to level 12, I've brought Korra's resistance down to 90, and I've participated in 2 probending matches. Now the game won't progress any further...

omsues1307

Dec 18, 2018
I can only buy exercise equipment off of shady right now... I have trained with spinners to level 12, I've brought Korra's resistance down to 90, and I've participated in 2 probending matches. Now the game won't progress any further...
you are missing something

D

Deleted member 436513

I like MITY, they deserve the benefit of the doubt I think. But I also think people's standards are so low from other devs, they refuse to call any other devs out as they've seen so much worse before. You've become desensitized to the delays.

On the one hand, they're getting paid more than enough for people to be annoyed at the delays. You wouldn't get away with this in a normal job, you'd be out the door for not putting up any substantial work.

Though maybe you see Patreon as less of a business and more of us supporting our favorite creators. Maybe this is acceptable, as we're supporting them as people, not as a business.

My belief probably leans toward the former. These patreon pages are setup to be businesses and jobs to the people behind them, people are entitled to professionalism and consistent work if they support them.
To put it another way, I personally wouldn't be happy with the organizational side of things if I was MITY. As in, if I was the actual person with the exact same time and resources available to me, I would be embarrased by the current state of things and me not having improved it yet. It wouldn't be up to MY standards, so I'm annoyed by someone else not doing it either (especially as someone making a game with way less time and resources on my hands).

Most of what you're gonna see on F95 (or the internet in general) is people either blindly defending a dev and calling any detractors ignorant, or the polar opposite of shitting on them with the worst possible interpretation of things and unrealistic expectations. IMO it's still fair to say that MITY is probably one of the most reasonable devs in "the biz", at least compared to what else is out there. He's like a good intentioned guy who's trying his best but fucks up, as opposed to someone running a scam who genuinely couldn't give a shit, or the arrogant and hostile type. What I'd fault him for is not putting the money he gets to good use (and seemingly being okay with that), which I think is fair criticism as well.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
To put it another way, I personally wouldn't be happy with the organizational side of things if I was MITY. As in, if I was the actual person with the exact same time and resources available to me, I would be embarrased by the current state of things and me not having improved it yet. It wouldn't be up to MY standards, so I'm annoyed by someone else not doing it either (especially as someone making a game with way less time and resources on my hands).

Most of what you're gonna see on F95 (or the internet in general) is people either blindly defending a dev and calling any detractors ignorant, or the polar opposite of shitting on them with the worst possible interpretation of things and unrealistic expectations. IMO it's still fair to say that MITY is probably one of the most reasonable devs in "the biz", at least compared to what else is out there. He's like a good intentioned guy who's trying his best but occasionally fucks up, as opposed to someone running a scam who genuinely couldn't give a shit, or the arrogant and hostile type. What I'd fault him for is not putting the money he gets to good use (and seemingly being okay with that), which I think is fair criticism as well.
Completely agree, but it is worth correcting that it's a two man team at this point. MITY is no longer just one guy.

D

Deleted member 436513

Completely agree, but it is worth correcting that it's a two man team at this point. MITY is no longer just one guy.
Yeah, and that's also kind of the elephant in the room. I don't know where MITY lives or how much of that number gets taxed away, but 20k is more than what most people I know make in a YEAR. I find it amazing that he still hasn't hired a guy to at least do cleanup work, or backgrounds, or writing, or spell checking, SOMETHING. I mean fuck, find some college student who's happy to do it for 500. I'd even offer to do it myself for free if the current book wasn't 90% about Korra and content I have zero interest in.

acue

Aug 5, 2017
I don't really understand where you're getting the expectation that patreon money will be redirected back into the project. It was never explicitly stated and most of these trainers are from amateur devs so I don't think they have the project experience to necessarily even know how to reinvest into the dev.

Maybe it's just because I've been following this scene for a while but anybody that has any preconceived notions of professionalism is naive.

I have little doubt we'll get something by the end of the month but how much content there will be is questionable.

D

Deleted member 436513

I don't really understand where you're getting the expectation that patreon money will be redirected back into the project. It was never explicitly stated and most of these trainers are from amateur devs so I don't think they have the project experience to necessarily even know how to reinvest into the dev.

Maybe it's just because I've been following this scene for a while but anybody that has any preconceived notions of professionalism is naive.

I have little doubt we'll get something by the end of the month but how much content there will be is questionable.
You'd think they would at least attempt to. DarkCookie for instance has an entire office working under him at this point (with a larger budget, but still). And FET has been officially in development for over 3 years now.

Last edited by a moderator:

reaperxii

Jun 3, 2018
I don't really understand where you're getting the expectation that patreon money will be redirected back into the project.
I mean if the coder is overworked and stressed as Mity says he is wouldn't it just make sense to use some of that money to hire more people to relieve that stress? Sure they've never said that's what they'll do but I don't get why you can't understand why people would think that

4.50 star(s) 274 Votes