F1forhalp

SOTD: P.J. Harvey - Man-Size
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I second Lord Zuko: Wut?? Why? Please explain. Also, give us your address so we can kidnap you and force you to watch ATLA. We won't insist on TLoK though.
sure come and kidnap me, addy is: Bunker 14.
good luck.

in general, i'm not interested in the style of either ATLA and sequels. same like i do play YuGiOh (atm Joey's set) the original Takahashi design 1996 PC game, but find the show, whichever, completely not interesting. that goes as well for a large number of shows, to some amount erhm, "asianized" western shows, and "westernized" japanese ones.. which i just find ... nah not worth thinking about words for it. let's say boring, however that's completely not the word i'm looking for. the stories don't flow.
and almost every time it boils down to some I HAS CAN BRAGZ MOAR BCUZ I>U NOW HERES MAH SUPAH (insert) no thanks. No. Thanks.
in FET it's different, and funny. and luckily none of the above around every other corner.
that's the short version :D long one would take a week to tell. i don't have that week spare.

Ponetan

Dec 2, 2021
I've said it before. Korra really isn't a bad show. It was flawed, sure. The biggest thing it suffers from though is being a followup to a masterpiece. People will never not compare it to the original show.

What annoys me is people who tell newcomers to avoid it like the plague. I think any fan should watch it at least once. Some people liked the show. Some people didn't. Instead of trying to deter people from giving it a chance, how about let them watch it and form their own opinion?
n2zxnfrk8c271.jpg

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I've said it before. Korra really isn't a bad show. It was flawed, sure. The biggest thing it suffers from though is being a followup to a masterpiece. People will never not compare it to the original show.

What annoys me is people who tell newcomers to avoid it like the plague. I think any fan should watch it at least once. Some people liked the show. Some people didn't. Instead of trying to deter people from giving it a chance, how about let them watch it and form their own opinion?
View attachment 1873485
Korra IS a bad show. it is a terrible show.
It following up a great show just makes things so much worse. But if avatar the last airbender didn't exist then LOK would have still been horrible.

Aug 20, 2021
What I don’t get is when people tell you not to compare LOK to ATLA.

“Well if you don’t look at it like a sequel to The Last Airbender, you would like it more.”

But likeee… it totally is a sequel to ATLA wtf? How are you gonna sit there and tell me not to compare one show to the other, when said show is quite literally in the same universe and continuity as its predecessor?

Granted, the continuity gets shit on tremendously in LOK. Especially in Book 2: Spirits. But that’s another discussion.

TopAnalRapeLover

Dec 30, 2019
The legend of Korra is bad as itself, even when not comparing it to ATLA.

Throughout the show the main protagonists (Korra and Tenzin) let irrelevant things occupy their time, when the writing on the wall is that fucking doomsday is coming. For example Korra goes intio this idiotic benders arena in season 1, and Tenzin does not do any effort to stop her, and it goes on like that the entire show. This is purely infantile, with no regard to ATLA.

The show severely lacks on "true to character". The characters do not have a personality that goes with them - instead their personality changes according what the awful scriptwriters thought would fit each episode.
This is VERY bad. It means the show is a collection of poorly tied together episodes.
This is bad no matter if ATLA ever existed.

The attempt to appeal to pubescent audience (thinking that the kids that were the audience of ATLA grew up) forced in poorly written romance. This also is bad-in-itself, without comparing to ATLA.

Then, Considering it's ATLA sequel, it's even worse. The sequel to a show that had brilliant script, was coherent from start to finish and is counted amongst the best shows ever, so TLoK is awful when compared to ATLA, not worth watching even at the pinch.

The only good thing that came out of TLoK is lewd Korra

Where FET fits in this? cbob, a brilliant scriptwriter, took the poorly writen plot of TLoK and sifted only the elements on which he could build a coherent and even heart-moving plot. The love route beginning especially excels on that.

You don't need to watch TLoK to play FET book 4. In fact, you will be better of without.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
The way they handled the original Gaang from ATLA in LOK was so sad too, and was done poorly.

Sokka and Aang are dead? And probably Suki too? That’s depressing… Aang I understand why he had to be gone, otherwise Korra couldn’t possibly be the Avatar? But Sokka? Come on, man… So him and Suki’s futures just kinda get fucked over?

Also, Toph as a cop? Really? The one who was raised with nothing but strict rules wants to… enforce the rules?

I understand people can change over time, but to me that just doesn’t fit her at all. Then they show her to be a bad mother. I didn’t appreciate that one bit as a big Toph fan. Parents can make mistakes, but seriously… it’s like they’re out to make the OGs look worse to make the newer characters better

Zuko was handled the best out of all the original characters in my opinion, but honestly? I was still left craving more… You mean to tell me Katara, Toph and Zuko are all three still alive and they don’t get one scene together? Missed opportunity…

I enjoyed characters in LOK like Tenzin, Lin, Jinora and Varrick. But I couldn’t give less of a damn about Korra and her main team. The main villains such as Amon had great potential, but in his case, had the ball dropped towards the end of Book 1 where it was revealed he was a Waterbender the whole time. Like bro, really?

Ugh, okay… I’m rambling by now. I could rant about it all day. But I figure while the topic is still out there… might as well get it off my chest lol.

Hard agree on cBob writing a more captivating take on Korra… despite this being an h-game. I connected to the characters much more if that’s strange to say.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The attempt to appeal to pubescent audience (thinking that the kids that were the audience of ATLA grew up) forced in poorly written romance. This also is bed-in-itself, without comparing to ATLA.
Hey now, it is well known fact that the way lesbians flirt is by stealing each other's boyfriends. [/sarcasm]

Although, the process of boyfriend stealing where the two were fighting over that wet noodle guy was also pretty cringe too.
The only good thing that came out of TLoK is lewd Korra

Where FET fits in this? cbob, a brilliant scriptwriter, took the poorly writen plot of TLoK and sifted only the elements on which he could build a coherent and even heart-moving plot. The love route beginning especially excels on that.

You don't need to watch TLoK to play FET book 4. In fact, you will be better of without.
Amen to this.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 272 Votes