darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
At this point I pretty much ignore any updates from the coder because his updates in the past have been basically "its coming soon guys get ready" and then proceeding to be silent for weeks. This isnt an exaggeration, you can read the updates that hes posted, and the artist straight up admitted that cbob is bad at giving/meeting deadlines.

After several updates these past few months each of them suggesting the update was imminent I no longer take any stock in them until I see the update hit my inbox (since theyre giving the update to people that pledged last month).

Hell their last update the coder suggested they could pump out the next update (after this one) in around 2 weeks which was laughable at best.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
im starting to feel that the writter's block, come, not from not knowing what the story will be, but by not being able to implement an insane minigame that noone wants to play. its almost seems like every new update requires a bizarre new minigame that we will only play once, and begrudginly because of how bad it is.

why did we need a tgc? why did we need a blow up doll minigame? i seriously think, he is just stuck on how to code a new crappy nonsense noone(but him) wants, and that is the real reason he cant progress.

ShaveYoLegs

Nov 10, 2017
I'll also add this. The reason it seems complaints are piling up in here as opposed to other projects with similar delays is because projects like Taffy Tales and Summertime Saga don't have someone constantly updating people towards the end of a month promising that the new build will be out soon (aside from lostraven who gives vague updates on the progress of the build but never actually sets a hard deadline, only really just chats in the forum). Whenever MITY makes a post telling us that "the coder promises it'll be out in a week" they shoot themselves in the foot because that week ends and then they make another "coder is feeling really sad and frustrated they couldn't do it so I ordered them to take a break so they wouldn't burn out please guy we promise it'll be out in a couple weeks" and then this continues until 3 months have passed, they've made 60k for doing nothing and now they can release a subpar update with maybe 3 new scenes or something and a whole bunch of filler. It's a sad trend but I notice they were far more enthusiastic and driven back when they barely made anything in their patreon and they were working on book 1.
Book one is basically garbage compared to the rest tho.

Reactions: theNonfaktor
Aug 13, 2017
Book one is basically garbage compared to the rest tho.
That's subjective but I'm not talking quality, back when they were working on book one updates were coming nearly every month like they promised and they didn't constantly post updates about how one of their dogs got sick and so it's a bad time for them and they'll have to delay for another 3 weeks.

Habanero-Mint-Gum

Nov 5, 2020
i have not plays since the 8.??? version... to be honest, the only grind i had with this game is the "Many version of the same game" problem it had. 1st it makes the programmer have to rewrite the same thing "MANY TIMES" and 2nd all previous progress is lost... let's be real, this is a hentai game... i want hentai, if i wanted 10 pokemon games an 10 guess the color games, i would play those...

art is great (except for the fat toes...) and story is innovative and engaging but the "repeat many times the same game and lose everything" concept gets old... more like it appears like it was not a mistake but a design flaw.

to fix this: 1 battle system, 1 money system, 1 "crab" game system... the game system is nice but i wish it would tie with the actual character's "potential". 1 pool of moves and abilities, many ways to interpret and improve.

while the art is consistent, the gameplay is like many anime studio went and decided to make 1 anime but not consult each other and just spat out one episode each... very inconsistent. in this case you don't even need to go all out... just take all the "money" and the "mini games" needed to progress and stream line it. it "IS A HENTAI GAME" after all. 1st rule, be easy to fap to, 2nd rule be fun. (complexity is not = fun. it is just a delay in the process of getting to the fun parts...)

like minecraft with nuclear reactors and mass storage systems, building them is not the fun part, what they bring and give IS the fun part. (the prize for the hardship of building them is "WORTH IT". but this game spams the "reset button" too often.)

Last edited:

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
i have not plays since the 8.??? version... to be honest, the only grind i had with this game is the "Many version of the same game" problem it had. 1st it makes the programmer have to rewrite the same thing "MANY TIMES" and 2nd all previous progress is lost... let's be real, this is a hentai game... i want hentai, if i wanted 10 pokemon games an 10 guess the color games, i would play those...
while i do agree, i also think its a game as well, so it need some gameplay. i was ok with the combat in the first, because, while not good, it had potential, however, every subsequent new book brought worse and worse combat. as for minigames, the blackjack was well done, it was grindy, but as a side way to get money, it was a good idea.

my problem is, instead of using those things to build a repertoir of possible minigames so the player can choose and have fun, they instead force us to grind multiple minigames all the time.

Reactions: The Grad

FireSauner0

Nov 15, 2018
You can like a game and still criticize dev issues

Its a crazy thought I know but it's true
I didn't see anybody saying it wasn't allowed. People disagreeing with you aren't saying you can't do the same.

I still think that less than 2 months of actual delay (so far) is hardly anything to complain over. (not that complaining here changes the way they develop their game)

Edit: in case less-than-2 months sounds off, I didn't include the default 1-2 month time it would take them normally without delays

Last edited:

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
While we wait does anyone have any recomendations for something similar to this?
it depend on what you mean by "similar". there's amity park for danny phantom(some incest, atrocious battle system, leveling system that actually hinders your progress due to how overpowered the enemies get), great character designs, enviroments, ok scenes with decent animation, but overall less fun.

there's also the forever in hold ben 10 slave trainer. some content(as in almost nothing), nothing for more than a year.

game of moans for game of thrones, great art, questionable quests, broken mechanics that dont work half of the time. some content(but also not enough).

there are a couple of naruto ones, both have around the same amount of content and overall story. worth a try.

witch hunter, based on that witch cartoon. alot of content, but some questionable decisions made it less fun to play than it should.

library story, long development, ok combat, not enough content.

there are others, but again, without knowing what you mean by "similar" that's the best i could pick.

Reactions: youman and haooni

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
no joke:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ben-x-slave-quest-v0-04c-newman-akanoes.1551/

Thread Update: 2019-06-07
Release Date: 2019-06-06
Developer: Newman&Akanoes - -
Version: 0.04c
Censored: No
Language: English

its closing in on 1 and a half year without any updates. and the most hilarious part is, the development started in 2017, they waited until late 2018-early 2019 to actually release any content because they wanted to deliver "alot of content". in the end, the game has close an hour of content, and the sex scenes are only a handfull.

Aug 13, 2017
I didn't see anybody saying it wasn't allowed. People disagreeing with you aren't saying you can't do the same.

I still think that less than 2 months of actual delay (so far) is hardly anything to complain over. (not that complaining here changes the way they develop their game)

Edit: in case less-than-2 months sounds off, I didn't include the default 1-2 month time it would take them normally without delays
You should include it because that's the problem here. Also nobody would complain if this was the first time it ever happened. For example, back when they delayed for four months after like a year of constant updates people were far more lenient. Hell even I backed them up and understood the delays. Something changed after that though and now we're here. Constant delays with vague or straight up botched excuses that don't track and minimal effort put into updates.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes